Apacer AS330 Panther Giveaway

right now, I have a Samsung 160 GB 7200 rpm SATA hdd... and files are corrupting left and right. Videos will get errors halfway through, PSDs are damaged by "disk error" etc. I'd love a new HDD, but an SSD would be even greater! I also think SSD's are key for use because of there high speed and a long life span. Here's my hope for a new SSD :D

So I just completed my first computer build, which includes a skylake i5-6500, an asus radeon R7 360, a 1tb hard-drive, and the rest of the essential components, my build didn't include a ssd due to the price. This would allow me to upgrade my computer and increase its potential. For someone new to building PC this would be an awesome reward!

I want a new SSD because I still have everything on a 1TB HDD (including OS).

I think everyone should have a SSD because of its speed, durability, form factor (size) and efficiency!

I want an SSD because I am currently building my first desktop ever, and everyone should always be able to at least boot up as fast your buddy during LANs so you don't have to listen to all crap your buddies will give you for taking forever.

Duh. I want that SSD. Who wouldn't SSDs make even the most mundane things like web browsing faster.

I would like an SSD because I am now really getting into computers because of LTT (you guys make computers cool). I'm in many extracurriculars at school causing me not to be able to work as much causing lack of funds to use toward upgrading my tower now let alone build a new one. I'm using a fairly old Dell workstation that I have optimized for gaming. I'm even working on a window in the side panel at school in the metals lab. As for booting it up... Its atrocious. It takes Windows 8.1 (yes I'm still on 8.1) four minutes to boot. I'm also using a hodgepodge of multiple drives in RAID 0 This is another reason why everyone should have an SSD. Faster boot times, and if everyone starts buying SSDs the more people that buy them the more companies can work on creating bigger, better, and faster SSDs!

The picture is of my system. Don't you love my custom GPU cooling?

Comp.jpg

18 hours ago, nicklmg said:

Best of luck :D

just a quick question. why do we never hear of these on the channel ? 

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

I would like an SSD because my 250gb one is pretty full and I would like a new, fresh one so I can store more things. Everyone should own an SSD as it dramatically removes boot time on pc's and load times on games.

Just now, givingtnt said:

just a quick question. why do we never hear of these on the channel ? 

I need a new ssd. there is a 80% chance of me having to give my ssd for a flight sim im building.. ide is too slow for loading fsx xD

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

I could use an SSD to accelerate my video processing and save valuable time in my day to day activities. Everyone should have an SSD because they make living so much better.

I Don't have SSD because i don't have money to buy and i know what it can is Boost your game and increase the Performances and i really want to win this giveaway :) Good Luck everyone

I want a SSD as I think that it would be a solid upgrade for my laptop or desktop and I will be able to switch my 5400RPM HDD to a great SSD. I think everyone should have atleast one SSD, even if it is 125 gb. as they should use it as their boot SSD. A SSD also looks good in a build especially the Intel ones.Thanks. 

Everyone needs an SSD because SSDs are fast. Fast is good. Therefore, SSDs are good.

Oh man it would be awesome to finally have an ssd in my computer, currently running off of god knows what kind of hard drive. I upgraded everything else on my computer not knowing that a solid state drive improves the load time of pretty much everything...this ssd would be amazing to have

d7f8b1f41c.jpg

Newegg link: http://bit.ly/1PPPUZ3

We're partnering up with Apacer to give away 5 of their AS330 Panther 240G SSDs! These 2.5" drives feature up to 545MB/sec reads, up to 520MB/sec writes, and ECC engine correcting up to 72bit/1KB.

So how can you win one of these sweet SSDs?

1. Post a comment below about why you want a new SSD or why you think everyone should have an SSD in their system. (1 comment/entry per person).

2. Wait 7 days (or less than 7 days if you're signing up after February 8).

3. Check back on the forum to see if you've won! All winners will be PMed here on the forum, so make sure you have email notifications for PMs turned on. Winners will have 3 days to respond.

This is a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, so everyone is welcome to take part!

Best of luck :D

I would love it to be more productive with some of the VR studies that I am currently involved in at The University of Chicago!! I cannot say what I am doing because they are cool and need published first, but this would be a very big help! 

2 minutes ago, LUML3Y said:

OH NO SORRY I AM SO SORRY. I watched the video in advance on vessel. 

@nicklmg oh im sorry. I though you made it clear last time. I missunderstood. 

I would love to win this so i can put it in my girlfriend's 6 year old $250  "Best buy special".  Perhaps if she had ssd speed i could get her to use her own computer and stay off my expensive gaming rig. :)

I recently just built a gaming rig and I regretfully bought a generic 7200 rpm hdd that is terribly slow I would like to win this ssd so my pc can operate better and transfer data faster, boot faster and hope  it will help a little with video editing and gameing. A ssd is a wonderful piece of tech that every one should be able to have. I wish all of the others who want the ssd good luck hopeing some of that luck will also fall upon me. AND ALSO THANK YOU LINUS for doing this amazing give away and also a thanks to Apacer for helping make this possible, hope I win??? 

I only have a tiny SSD as a boot device so having something big enough to put games on would be great.

I'm building my first computer and have a very low budget. This SSD would help improve my boot speed significantly, because right now I'm planning on only using a horrible 5-year-old-hard drive. Getting this would be great.:D Thanks for considering a beginner who doesn't have as much money to spend, as these more accomplished pros.

I could use another SSD.  And I like the name of this one.

Why everybody should have an SSD: speed and reduction of mechanical parts, which means in general more reliability and less noise.