Should I get Battlefront?

IAmAndre
Go to solution Solved by drewjn,

If you are a major Star Wars fan, you can get it for that sake, but even for its graphical fidelity, it isn't the greatest multiplayer fps out there. I don't exactly think that it is worth the value. In comparison, a game like Rainbow Six Siege is also a multiplayer only game that features nice team battles with interesting mechanics that require more teamwork and skill.

Hi everyone,

So Star Wars Battlefront is on sale and I'm considering buying it. However, from what I can see on reviews, it's just a bad CoD game in the Star Wars universe. I'm curious to know if there are players in the LTT community and if you think that it's worth buying. Oh by the way, I'm not interested at all in buying new DLCs every time, and not having a story mode is a deal breaker for me. Screw you EA !

Thanks

No, don't 

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

Even bfh is more fun than battlefront, there is just no team aspect to it or very little. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

If you are a major Star Wars fan, you can get it for that sake, but even for its graphical fidelity, it isn't the greatest multiplayer fps out there. I don't exactly think that it is worth the value. In comparison, a game like Rainbow Six Siege is also a multiplayer only game that features nice team battles with interesting mechanics that require more teamwork and skill.

Still new, but learning

i7 4790K / GTX 970 G1 Gaming / Maximus VII Hero / Swiftech H240x / Corsair Vengeance Pro 16gb, 1600mhz, cl9 / 850 evo 250GB /

WD Blue 1TB / HX850 / Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Battlefront is awful, I'm a huge Star Wars and Battlefield fan but I regret buying Battlefront, avoid it, you'll only be disappointed.

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

Without the StarWarsSkin, Battlefront would be no Topic at all. On PC the Playerbase is already shrinking.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

IMO Its a great game, Ive put almost 200 hours Into It (I need help). But thats partly beacuse Im a huge Star Wars fan. There are only 4 large maps, but I think around 12-14 In total, so people saying theres only 4 are lying. However, the few maps that are out there are really good and play extremely well. Unlike other games where there are 2 good maps and 10 shitty ones. That said It really lacks In content, and the 50$ DLC pass Is another one of EA's money grabs. I personally am done with the game. Anyone who actually pays 50$ for DLC are fucking morons.

I got it for $30 today. Some elements, especially if you are fan of SW almost make the game worth buying.

There is no intro into a full priced AAA game. Once in the game, half the options are glorified tutorials cut into missions to create a illusion of content. No cohesion in the game, total ignorance of the story. 

It's designed to dazzle with 1st time playing on Endor and it does but we've seen similar in BF3 already. It has a few more moments like that in store but it lacks substance. I'm already tweaking sweetfx instead of actually playing.

The impression I'm walking away with is this game was made to primarily look good, have minimal content to keep costs down and compensate for it by shifting focus to the multiplayer for any kind of lasting appeal rather than be exposed for lack of story related content. If you are on the fence, I would wait til it drops to $20.

I don't outright regret buying the game, just think I should have waited longer. Can't even imagine how disappointing it may have been to someone paying full price when I feel let down paying half that.

This is LTT. One cannot force "style over substance" values & agenda on people that actually aren't afraid to pop the lid off their electronic devices, which happens to be the most common denominator of this community. Rather than take shots at this community in every post, why not seek out like-minded individuals elsewhere?

52 minutes ago, Linusinium said:

I got it for $30 today. Some elements, especially if you are fan of SW almost make the game worth buying.

There is no intro into a full priced AAA game. Once in the game, half the options are glorified tutorials cut into missions to create a illusion of content. No cohesion in the game, total ignorance of the story. 

It's designed to dazzle with 1st time playing on Endor and it does but we've seen similar in BF3 already. It has a few more moments like that in store but it lacks substance. I'm already tweaking sweetfx instead of actually playing.

The impression I'm walking away with is this game was made to primarily look good, have minimal content to keep costs down and compensate for it by shifting focus to the multiplayer for any kind of lasting appeal rather than be exposed for lack of story related content. If you are on the fence, I would wait til it drops to $20.

I don't outright regret buying the game, just think I should have waited longer. Can't even imagine how disappointing it may have been to someone paying full price when I feel let down paying half that.

Well actually it's currently €16 on Origin (yeah the price varies based on the country you live in), but I'm still not sure it's worth the investment. I might be better off with FIFA 16 (€13)

5 hours ago, theereal said:

IMO Its a great game, Ive put almost 200 hours Into It (I need help). But thats partly beacuse Im a huge Star Wars fan. ...

So because i think its a ridiculous bad Game, im no huge SW Fan?

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

12 hours ago, IAmAndre said:

Well actually it's currently €16 on Origin (yeah the price varies based on the country you live in), but I'm still not sure it's worth the investment. I might be better off with FIFA 16 (€13)

Where do you see thats its €16? I see only for €30 

4 hours ago, doestilvoort said:

Where do you see thats its €16? I see only for €30 

As I mentioned in my post "the price varies based on the country you live in"

On 4.2.2016 at 2:09 AM, Praesi said:

So because i think its a ridiculous bad Game, im no huge SW Fan?

I said Its partly beacuse Im a huge Star Wars fan, and I bet Im a bigger Star Wars nerd than you... IMO the game wasnt bad at all, It was extremely great, It lacked It content alot, but It plays extremely well. If you dont like It Id say youve either got bad taste In games, or Its just not your type of game, and you were hoping for something a bit different. Either way, childish comments like yours are always frowned upon...

2 hours ago, theereal said:

I said Its partly beacuse Im a huge Star Wars fan, and I bet Im a bigger Star Wars nerd than you... IMO the game wasnt bad at all, It was extremely great, It lacked It content alot, but It plays extremely well. If you dont like It Id say youve either got bad taste In games, or Its just not your type of game, and you were hoping for something a bit different. Either way, childish comments like yours are always frowned upon...

2 hours ago, theereal said:

Hmm. I think your "Statement "here is enough to disqualify yourself. No need to comment it any further. 

2 hours ago, Praesi said:

Hmm. I think your "Statement "here is enough to disqualify yourself. No need to comment it any further. 

Do elaborate... Or was this just a bad ploy to get away without responding?

53 minutes ago, theereal said:

Do elaborate... Or was this just a bad ploy to get away without responding?

No. I just stoped waisting Time on ridiculous Bullshit some time ago.

3 hours ago, Praesi said:

No. I just stoped waisting Time on ridiculous Bullshit some time ago.

As I suspected. A ploy beacuse you have nothing to say back...

I bought Battlefront EA today cause I noticed that it was 50% on Origin. For some reason, I can't find a single match. It seems like no one is playing. I've only come across 2 other players. I'm sure even Evolve has more players...

EDIT: Not sure if it's related but I tried not launching through Steam and I enabled Origin in-game and voila! I found a match...