2 factor auth emails not prioritized/sent to promos tab

TopWargamer
Go to solution Solved by colonel_mortis,

Yeah, there's nothing we can do about this. 

This isn't an end of the world thing, but the emails for 2 factor auth are being automatically categorized as Promos in Gmail, so I never I got the email notification on my phone. If there's a way to fix this so the email comes up in my main Gmail tab so I can get the notification, then that would be great. Also prioritize it if possible. 

Please and thank you. :) 

COMIC SANS

As far as I am aware, it's a classification on the Gmail side of things, not something we can change.

4 minutes ago, TopWargamer said:

This isn't an end of the world thing, but the emails for 2 factor auth are being automatically categorized as Promos in Gmail, so I never I got the email notification on my phone. If there's a way to fix this so the email comes up in my main Gmail tab so I can get the notification, then that would be great. Also prioritize it if possible. 

GMail has really awesome filters for stuff like this...

Just select an email as an example > Click More drop down > Create Filter.

Add pertinent info (like key words in the 2-factor email that are relevant) and the email it's from > Click "Create Filter with this search."

Check the "Always mark it as important" check box > Check the "Also apply filter to matching conversations" as well to have it move all that you've missed (if you want)

I know it's better if they fix it so it's that way for everyone. I'm just saying. Tools are useful yo.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

36 minutes ago, TopWargamer said:

Just drag them to Updates, and all the next mail from LTT will end up in updates, that's what i did.

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

You can move them from category to another within Gmail. Its not forum issue.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv