Own posts not showing up in recent topics

suchamoneypit

When I made a post it did not come up in the "recent topics" sidebar, even after several minutes and posts after mine being posted and showing up there.

On the old forum they showed up instantly so Im not sure if its just changed so I dont see my own posts, or if its just not displaying correctly.

EDIT: It showed up, just 3 minutes late. still a bug maybe? before it was an instant process.

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

Recent topics are cached for about a minute, so there may be some delay between the topic being posted and it appearing in recent topics.

HTTP/2 203

3 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

Recent topics are cached for about a minute, so there may be some delay between the topic being posted and it appearing in recent topics.

roughly 2-3 minutes

3 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

Recent topics are cached for about a minute

Why?

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

2 minutes ago, TomvanWijnen said:

Why?

Performance mostly. It's not something that we are able to turn off, and I agree that doesn't work too well.

HTTP/2 203

7 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

I allowed the forum to give me notifications, but I noticed that I get a desktop notification about a reply/quote like 10-20 seconds before I ever get notified on the actual website.

Any idea why there is such a large time gap?

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

1 minute ago, suchamoneypit said:

I allowed the forum to give me notifications, but I noticed that I get a desktop notification about a reply/quote like 10-20 seconds before I ever get notified on the actual website.

Any idea why there is such a large time gap?

I'm not sure what you mean? Are you talking about when viewing a thread, you get the notification about someone having quoted you in it, then several seconds later get the option to show the post in that thread? If so, that's just a result of the way that the two systems work - they are independent of one another.

HTTP/2 203

1 minute ago, colonel_mortis said:

I'm not sure what you mean? Are you talking about when viewing a thread, you get the notification about someone having quoted you in it, then several seconds later get the option to show the post in that thread? If so, that's just a result of the way that the two systems work - they are independent of one another.

You get a notification off desktop saying someone has quoted/replied to you, but on the website you also get a popup(yes, two systems).

What im saying is I get a popup on desktop, but when I go to the website I dont see any such notification for another 10-20 seconds and have to manually find my post to view. Although If I click the pop-up on desktop it opens the website directly to the quote. Just something I noticed and thought was worth bringing up.

1 minute ago, suchamoneypit said:

You get a notification off desktop saying someone has quoted/replied to you, but on the website you also get a popup(yes, two systems).

What im saying is I get a popup on desktop, but when I go to the website I dont see any such notification for another 10-20 seconds and have to manually find my post to view. Although If I click the pop-up on desktop it opens the website directly to the quote. Just something I noticed and thought was worth bringing up.

The popup on the desktop replaces the one on the page. If you click the popup notification, it will take you to the relevant post; if not, you can always just click the notification icon at the top of the page to view your notifications.

If you're getting someone else afterwards, that means that either someone else triggered a different notification for you, or one of the notification was about someone replying to a thread that you are currently viewing.

HTTP/2 203

22 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

Was going to make a thread on this but searched it first...

Is this something that is going to be fixed or is it something that we will have to learn to deal with?
It's not a major issue in my book, but I would like to have quicker updates on when a new thread is made. The delay is a bit too much. I'm sure I'm not the only one feeling this way, but just thought I would ask.

(referring to the issue of, when a new topic/thread is posted, it takes 1-3 minutes for it to show up in the "Recent Topics")

I've reduced the life of the cache to one minute, so posts should show up more quickly now. It's not possible for us to disable it though.

HTTP/2 203