Firefox flash Media keys

MammothJerk
Go to solution Solved by MammothJerk,

it seems ill just have to wait until firefox fixes its own issues and goes 64bit... i got some scripts to work on waterfox but since waterfox is based on firefox 18 i have a few scripts that do not work at all.

I know how to fix this.

Step 1) Uninstall Firefox

Step 2) Install Chrome

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 @ Stock, CPU cooler: Dark Rock 4, Motherboard: MSI B450M PRO-M2 MAX, RAM: 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 @ 3000Mhz, GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 ACX 3.0, SSD: Crucial P1 1TB M.2 + 2x120GB SSDs, Case: Corsair 110R, PSU: Corsair TX650M, OS: Windows 10 64-bit.

I know how to fix this.

Step 2) Install Chrome

chrome isnt perfect you know. i had this babylon shit. could not get rid of it, but suddenly it all went away. for reasons unknow to mankind

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

chrome isnt perfect you know. i had this babylon shit. could not get rid of it, but suddenly it all went away. for reasons unknow to mankind

You're right, it's not perfect. I never said it was. But it's undoubtedly better than Firefox. 

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 @ Stock, CPU cooler: Dark Rock 4, Motherboard: MSI B450M PRO-M2 MAX, RAM: 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 @ 3000Mhz, GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 ACX 3.0, SSD: Crucial P1 1TB M.2 + 2x120GB SSDs, Case: Corsair 110R, PSU: Corsair TX650M, OS: Windows 10 64-bit.

I know how to fix this.

Step 2) Install Chrome

Oh I see your issue you are running Firefox

firefox is better in my every use case except for these problems that should be fixable.

chrome laggs, doesnt load pages properly, has a shitty UI, breaks userscripts, crashes flash after 7 loaded instances, etc.

and yes i have removed it with ccleaner and reinstalled it, used beta, nothing helps.

Edited by MammothJerk

You're right, it's not perfect. I never said it was. But it's undoubtedly better than Firefox. 

depends on your priorities, if security, firefox is the tool for the job, speed, chrome beats it.

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

So i just reinstalled firefox after being fed up with google chrome for a while. and im having some problems.

1: Firefox crashes when using more then 3GB of RAM, which is really annoying when i usually have several tabs loaded full of pictures and youtube videos buffering.

2: When focusing on a youtube video/flash instance i completely lose the functionality of my media keys so i cannot use volume up/down, mute, play/pause, or anything at all, i have to click on the taskbar or switch tabs for it to go back to normal.

2.1: is there a way to use my media keys with firefox even when it is not focused?

like with winamp, vlc, mpc i can have music playing and while it is not in focus i can still use my media keys to play/pause the music, i would like to be able to do the same but for youtube, soundcloud, and other online media services.

3: Where is the individual settings for greasemonkey userscripts stored? im able to synch the gm_scripts folder among my computers with dropbox and the link shell extension but the individual settings do not get shared, the cookies.sqlite file doesnt seem to do the trick as some tips ive seen say.

4: sometimes when im moving my cursor too quickly and going past one of my bookmarks the bookmark will stay in focus even though my cursor is nowhere near it, it also pop ups with the url box right next to it so its really distracting.

any help is appreciated

Use Palemoon instead.

or you can try Waterfox or Nightly, but I don't know much about either.

All are based off of the same code with a few tweaks.

Error: 410

snip

what did you quote me for?

my firefox has also been crashing. switched over from nightly hoping for it to be better, it had the same problems... and now, I wouldnt switch back to chrome because of tab candy and im just used to firefox xD

Use Palemoon instead.

or you can try Waterfox or Nightly, but I don't know much about either.

All are based off of the same code with a few tweaks.

palemoon doesnt seem to like greasemonkey scripts :| and it laggs even more then chrome on youtube

ill check out waterfox and see if it changes anything

palemoon doesnt seem to like greasemonkey scripts :| and it laggs even more then chrome on youtube

ill check out waterfox and see if it changes anything

Are you positive this isn't a driver issue? PM is smooth as butter on youtube for me, but have at it.

Error: 410

1: Firefox crashes when using more then 3GB of RAM, which is really annoying when i usually have several tabs loaded full of pictures and youtube videos buffering.

http://www.waterfoxproject.org/download.php

What's Waterfox all about?

Waterfox is a high performance browser based on the Mozilla Firefox source code. Waterfox is specifically for 64-bit systems, with one thing in mind: speed.

Features:

• Compiled in Intel's C++ Compiler
  • Intel's Math Library
  • Streaming SIMD Extensions 3
  • Advanced Vector Extensions
  • Jemalloc
  • Profile-Guided Optimisation
  • /O3 Switch
  • 100% Extension Compatibility
  • 64-bit Plugin Support
  • Future Proof!

[spoiler=»--((¯`·._.·¤~●oO му яιg Oo●~¤·._.·´¯))--«] Case: Corsair 600T White       CPU: Core i7 3930k @ 4.3GHz                     SSD: Crucial M500 480GB

MB:    Asus P9X79 LE         GPU: Nvidia GTX 780 Reference             HDD: WD Caviar Green 3TB

PSU:   Seasonic X-1050      RAM: G.Skill Trident X 32GB @ 2.4GHz   ☃ There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

I know how to fix this.

Step 2) Install Chrome

memuse.png

with low ram firefox is the best u can get

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

http://www.waterfoxproject.org/download.php

What's Waterfox all about?

Waterfox is a high performance browser based on the Mozilla Firefox source code. Waterfox is specifically for 64-bit systems, with one thing in mind: speed.

Features:

• Compiled in Intel's C++ Compiler
  • Intel's Math Library
  • Streaming SIMD Extensions 3
  • Advanced Vector Extensions
  • Jemalloc
  • Profile-Guided Optimisation
  • /O3 Switch
  • 100% Extension Compatibility
  • 64-bit Plugin Support
  • Future Proof!

I just installed waterfox and it seemed to work at first but first greasemonkey wasnt imported properly and then ALL of my scripts stopped working, reinstalling them didnt help either.

memuse.png

Read my signature, i have 32GB ram

the problem is firefox crashes when using over 3gb of it.

I don't use greasemonkey, so I can't help you there.
But, Waterfox is faster for me when I have multiple tabs open, and has never crashed from using too much memory.

[spoiler=»--((¯`·._.·¤~●oO му яιg Oo●~¤·._.·´¯))--«] Case: Corsair 600T White       CPU: Core i7 3930k @ 4.3GHz                     SSD: Crucial M500 480GB

MB:    Asus P9X79 LE         GPU: Nvidia GTX 780 Reference             HDD: WD Caviar Green 3TB

PSU:   Seasonic X-1050      RAM: G.Skill Trident X 32GB @ 2.4GHz   ☃ There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

now i cant even get the scripts to work on normal firefox

ugh... ill continue with this tomorrow thanks for the input

im too tired to deal with this right now

Waterfox...what a piece of crap. I installed it for a few minutes and then I promptly uninstalled it. I used to love Firefox...it has now become even more of a piece of a shit to be honest. Everytime I try a new version of Firefox or a variant of it , I'm left disappointed.  Just plain scrolling a web page seems like a chore...it's so choppy.

I'm sticking with Chrome until something better emerges.

memuse.png

Did you even read that. 40 tabs currently being open takes up near a gigabyte and a half of ram. But who the fuck is dumb enough to have that many tabs open? 5 at most.

Did you even read that. 40 tabs currently being open takes up near a gigabyte and a half of ram. But who the fuck is dumb enough to have that many tabs open? 5 at most.

i have 30 open

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

u can get babylon on chrome firefox ie etc its just kinda mallware not realy doing a lot but still bad

Appelzaadje - the Insane

Intel i7-4770K - Maximus VI Formula - Corsair Dominator GT 1866mhz - R9 290X - Xonar DGX - Samsung 840 Pro 256Gb - 3X WD1001FALS - Raven RV01 - Iiyama B2409HDS 3x - Custom water loop - Windows 10 Pro - XFX tripple monitor stand - Steelseries 4HD - Logitech G9, G19, G35 and Z5500

u can get babylon on chrome firefox ie etc its just kinda mallware not realy doing a lot but still bad

it takes away my homepage, i want it to die in a fire

i believe in ff u can remove it in about:settings change search engine back to default in there etc and eddit the homepage to your own.

Appelzaadje - the Insane

Intel i7-4770K - Maximus VI Formula - Corsair Dominator GT 1866mhz - R9 290X - Xonar DGX - Samsung 840 Pro 256Gb - 3X WD1001FALS - Raven RV01 - Iiyama B2409HDS 3x - Custom water loop - Windows 10 Pro - XFX tripple monitor stand - Steelseries 4HD - Logitech G9, G19, G35 and Z5500