Oz Modz - Far Cry Primal

OzModz
Hey Everyone!

I have really enjoyed the Far Cry series and with Primal being released mid Feb I thought id put together a special build for it.

In this build ill be utilizing quite few different materials that I haven't worked with before to achieve certain textures and results. I'm on a very tight deadline for this build and want it to be all done by the 9th of Feb.

Here is a look at some of the gear ill be using for the build:

e6UfC0I.jpg

bGDTtTW.jpg

Z7tLujS.jpg

mYKWVBe.jpg

b2v3Onx.jpg

rfzmRUf.jpg

To see my other builds come like me on Facebook

Also check out my previous builds www.ozmodz.com

Happy Modding!

This looks promising :D

CPU Intel Core i7 4790K Motherboard EVGA Z97 Stinger Core-3D GPU EVGA GTX 980Ti SC+ Storage 128 GB Samsung 850 Pro, 512 GB Samsung 850 EVO, 750GB HDD PSU Silverstone SX600-G Case Dan Cases A4-SFX v1 Cooling Custom Loop Monitor Acer Predator XB271HU (1440p), ASUS 1080p Keyboard TADA68 Mouse Logitech G502 Build Log Link

Because I'm on a tight deadline with this build I will only be taking the most important pictures :)

Since my last post I stripped the case down to its very bare skeleton. I then took off the back panel so I could create my new one to accommodate a new motherboard position and in turn PSU and GPU positions. 

LrkFaoH.jpg

Back panel is now back on.

Ef8tFgF.jpg

I also had to make a now mount for the Motherboard in its new position. ( this will be installed later on.

kZHqxrC.jpg

I have also been working on a Sabertooth Skull to match the Far Cry Skull as close as possible. I have been using a air dry clay and texture powders to achieve this. The Knife is also made by hand from clay. I still plan on adding more textures and paint to some areas.

suP2uHV.jpg

W7GtC98.jpg

Over the next few days ill be working on the case external mods.

To see my other builds come like me on Facebook

Also check out my previous builds www.ozmodz.com

Happy Modding!

Oooh, clever picking the Sabertooth board to go with the skull and your theme  :) Look forward to see how it turns out.

uu9pmDP.gif

Steve Wozniak - "Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window."                                                                                                                                               Carl Sagan - "If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."

Spoiler

CPU: Core i5 6600K Cooling: NH-D14 Motherboard: GA-Z170XP-SLI RAM: 8GB Patriot Graphics: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4G Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda PSU: Threamaltake Smart 750W

My computer runs on MSX, Its very hard to catch.

Oooh, clever picking the Sabertooth board to go with the skull and your theme  :) Look forward to see how it turns out.

haha thanks :) On a Far Cry Primal build I really couldn't go past a Saber tooth! Not only does the name match but the colors are nice and neutral and its a great board!

I have also been working on a Sabertooth Skull to match the Far Cry Skull as close as possible. I have been using a air dry clay and texture powders to achieve this. The Knife is also made by hand from clay. I still plan on adding more textures and paint to some areas.

WHAT. God damn that is sick!

Over the last few days I have worked on some of the case art. I'm not much of a painter but wanted to try by hand using a variety of paints and weathering powder to get some great detail and effects.

The side Panel 

EhhdiDu.jpg

The Top Panel:

1GJjGQB.jpg

The time lapse video:

Next up ill be doing the last bit of artwork on the front Panel and starting some of the features on the inside 12 days to go!!!

No core p5?

Its a case that did cross my mind but there just isn't enough space to achieve what I want for this build.

So today was a very productive day! I Removed the armor from the Asus Sabertooth Motherboard and gave it a touch of Primal :P Inside the case it will be darker so I have used lighter colors to compensate for this.

HPq6J9f.jpg
3hYuSFM.jpg

I also finished the artwork on the back and front panels.

fehLSKH.jpg
QenGyNp.jpg

I have attempted to make a plaster boulder with a internal sign and light but ill have to wait and see how it sets over night. 

So Version 1 of my boulder was a failure but I went and got some different materials yesterday which I'm confident will work!

I Have installed the PSU and also made an extra bracket for the Motherboard as I wasn't happy with its structural integrity.

In the mean time I have got a few Hyper X Savage SSD's which I vinyl wrapped and and then painted with some minor vinyl finishing.

4K1iBlm.jpg
omWIpw8.jpg
WBvtaOz.jpg

5 days left on this build so stay tuned!

Today I reinstalled the modified armor on to the Asus Z170 Sabertooth Mother Board. I also installed the CPU, CPU Block and RAM.

QlVVLD1.jpg
NFvAcx3.jpg

Tonight Ill be installing the Motherboard and ill start some of my cable management and also if I get time ill work on the custom loop.

Sorry for the lack of posts, being on such a tight deadline with so much work to do I had to get stuck right into it. In other news the build is now finished!!! 

I had a huge amount of fun on this project and really tried to get as much detail as possible into the build. It was always going to be a challenge to mix technology with 'Primal' but I'm very happy with the result!

i14cyPU.jpg
BmNtil5.jpg
mYuTef4.jpg
X0mGNfq.jpg
fmd64AT.jpg
dtgHl75.jpg
mrteZI1.jpg
bgVI5Bp.jpg
U7A9ZSA.jpg
Lg4trtn.jpg
ni1BNFD.jpg
PbnCcpR.jpg
G7VcQmk.jpg
Us92Y14.jpg
eg1Xsqo.jpg
XBoIxwT.jpg
x5ga4TU.jpg
sbP0ZDg.jpg
Oc2WxaV.jpg
O03Bry4.jpg
Zvgvcze.jpg
i14cyPU.jpg

Are you keen to play Far Cry Primal? Thanks to Ubisoft I'll be giving away a few copies of Far Cry Primal and also some epic Far Cry Primal T-Shirts so head over to my Facebook page say Hi and stay tuned for the giveaway!  

https://www.facebook.com/Oz-Modz-784354365026358/

• 3 weeks later...

This is some next level work! Great stuff man, hope to see many builds out of you in the future!

I like good humans and good food

2 hours ago, colinreay said:

This is some next level work! Great stuff man, hope to see many builds out of you in the future!

Thanks mate :) Plenty of builds to come!