WD Red 4TB GIVEAWAY!

LinusTech

Im currently running a 150GB hard drive because tis the only one i have with an OS and its super slow and I have 1gb of ddr2 ram so its always caching to it and it makes it slow so i cry

I run with my 500gb seagate barracuda as my main drive and a western digital 500gb as storage. My old hard drive died on me last month and i been using my old hard drive instead. I recently just bought a new laptop so i am low on money. T-T  

My storage setup consist of a Samsung 840 pro 120GB SSD and a standard seagate 500 GB HDD. I use my SSD for my OS and main multiplayer games like Battlefield 3 and Garrys Mod. I run the SSD because I have done research on the internet looking at linus videos about ssds and other sources. I was convienced enough that my money will be well spent.

I bought sea gate HDD because most of my friends and family own seagate HDDs.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100006542410137

CPU - Intel Core i5 3570K | CPU Cooler -  Cooler Master Hyper EVO 212  | GPU - NVIDIA EVGA GTX 780 | SSD - Samsung 840pro 120 GB | HDD - Toshiba 2TB 7200RPM | PSU - Corsair TX 750w | RAM - Corsair DDR3 12 GB @ 1333mhz | Case - Rosewill Mid ATX Blackhawk | Monitor - ASUS IPS 23' | Keyboard - Corsair Vengence k70 cherry MX brown | Mouse - Logitech G-400

I use a Samsung 840 120gb SSD as my boot drive with a few favorite games as well as a Seagate Barracuda 500gb HDD for storage.  I use this setup because I am aiming for better performance for my most played games as well as maintaining enough bulk storage for my music, movies, and steam/misc game collection.

im not sure of the names of the drives i have, but i have a 120GB samsung SSD for my OS and high priority programs, a 150GB HDD, and a 300GB HDD. i run this just because ive had alot of laptops so im using laptop drives for my pc. its what i had lying around the house and i dont have money to just buy one big drive haha.  

im not sure of the names of the drives i have, but i have a 120GB samsung SSD for my OS and high priority programs, a 150GB HDD, and a 300GB HDD. i run this just because ive had alot of laptops so im using laptop drives for my pc. its what i had lying around the house and i dont have money to just buy one big drive haha.  

Currently running 200gbs of memory on my desktop and those are filling up. Would really like to have 4TB with it to store more pictures and files

Using a Samsung 830 SSD 256Gb with a 1 Tb WD Blue in a 14" laptop... That's right two full sized HDD. I have an empty slot for msata for future expansion. In the past, I had a desktop with with a WD Black 640Gb with a seagate 1Tb. I had partitioned the hard drive so that I would get max read speeds for the WD black as my boot drive, 30 second boot in 2008 was pretty good.

NAS: Synology DS1812+ in raid 5

5X 3TB WD Red

1X 3TB WD Green

1X 4TB Seagate NAS 

for storing large amounts of photos, videos and programs; bought four WD reds initially, fifth later since they were the only drive on the market that had higher reliability but not the price of the enterprise drives. WD green was too slow for the desktop and was just stuck in the NAS for more storage. the 4TB seagate was bought since it was larger than the WDs but was still a NAS drive.

Desktop:

1X 3TB Seagate

RAID 0 2X 250GB WD Velociraptor

the 3TB is for all files and programs (just the c drive) since it is fast(er) and larger than the 1.5 that failed on me, the velociraptors are for scratch disc current projects and anything that needs to be fast they were bought only for speed and that was before SSDs made sense 

Laptop:

1X 512GB OCZ Vertex 4

bought because it is very fast and cheap for the time ($350 on sale)

Mobile: 

WD 1TB passport USB 2.0

Seagate 320GB (aftermarket USB 3.0 enclosure)

32GB Corsair GT USB 3.0

64GB Corsair GT USB 3.0

128GB Corsair GT USB 3.0

other almost useless flash drives < 32GB

the 1TB is for NAS items and resources that I take with me as well as current projects, however I have stopped using it because it is so slow. Seagate is the replacement to the WD and I compromised by getting a larger flash drive. flash drives ranging from 1GB to 128GB at pretty much every increment, I just kept them as they became too small for a daily driver. I have stuck to the Corsair drives since they are fast and smaller than the Patriot ones (they overlap two USB ports). everything smaller than 32 is Sandisk since they came in cheap Costco 4 packs

I'm using a 500GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 as a bootdrive for the OS and games, because I need lots of storage for all the games and an equally spaced SSD would be too expensive, plus I the HDD is fast enough for me.

For storage, I'm using a Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB because it was a highly recommended and cheap HDD at the time I bought it.

Hello Linus. I am going to use these hard drives because I have been into YouTube for a while and I want to continue making videos, but my capacity is running out fast. I need as many drives as possible. Right now I have a 1tb Seagate barracuda and from my backup storage to my videos, Ièm totally maxed. Thank you for this chance at winning.

https://twitter.com/sockoiid

https://www.facebook.com/zachary.vasas

I have a Laptop and a desktop that'd almost ready to roll, in the desktop I have a 80GB Intel SSD Boot Driv, plus a WD 500GB Blue and 1TB Seagate Bararcuda as my storage. In my laptop I have a 500GB drive for OS and Programs, and another 500GB which I replaced the DVD drive for which I use for games and other storage, aaaaaaaaaaand two 1TB externals for holding just about everything else :)

Dell Inspiron 15 Gaming | Intel Core i5 7300HQ | 16GB DDR4 | NVIDIA GTX1050ti | Corsair Force LS 120GB | Crucial MX200 1TB | 6TB Seagate Barracuda

Acer 21" IPS | 15" in-built | Logitech MX Master | Das Keyboard 4C Ultimate | Windows 10 Pro

iPad Pro 10.5" 2017 | A10X | 4GB | 64GB | Silver | Silicone Cover

Huawei Mate 10 Pro | Kirin 970 | 6GB | 128GB | Mocha Brown | Dbrand Carbon Fibre Black Skin

I use a 320g main hard drive for my main because thats all i have. for my games i use a seagate barracuda 1TB because my main drive cant hold all my games and files and then a 250g laptop hard drive with nothing on it because i don't wanna risk it.

Currently running a 500 GB WD Black as an OS drive with a second 500 GB WD Black for internal storage both drives being 5+ years old now and still chugging along, hopefully they don't quit on me! For network storage/sharing, current set up is a 2 TB WD Green External drive plugged into a TP-Link TL-WR1043ND. Went with this set-up since it was the easiest and quickest way to get file sharing set-up, eventually want to move into some sort of NAS set-up.

Hello I have 1 500GB Seagate Barracuda as my boot drive, a 1TB WD Green drive, and a old 40 GB Caviar dinosaur IDE Caviar that I use in case I need to drop something in there.

I currently in my desktop have a Plextor M5S for my boot drive and a Caviar Green 1TB for games and programs. I really need a extra hard drive to back up because my system always randomly fails and I don't want this to be a continuous task. 

This being my first real/custom build for myself I did as much research as possible (bang for buck) at the time and since this computer was gonna have to hold up

Intel i5-3570k Processor

MSI Z77 MPower Motherboard

MSI Nvidia GeForece GTX 670 Graphics Card

32gb Corsair Vengence Black Ram

Samsung 840 Series 256gb SSD

WD Black 1TB Hard Drive

MKIII Silencer 600W Power Supply

Corsair H100 Cooler

Corsair 600T White Case

I am truly loving the system and its the fastest I have had in like forever! I knew a few things...I wasn't going to have the king of all computers but wanted it to be fast as possible and last! I chose the Samsung SSD due to a friend recommending it to me for the sheer speed it provides and not to mention the dependability it offers. I knew that I was gonna need more space for music, pics, vids, and such so after reading reviews after reviews I decided on the WD Black 1TB as my main storage option. The plan was to start with the single 1TB and upgrade and add the higher REDs when needed and money allowed. But since money has been tight I have been stuck with the full 1TB and about 2 random old usb externals (I think one is a salvaged laptop HD lmao). It gets me by but so so so want to win this! It would help so very much!  

I currently am running 3 840 pro SSDs 256gig each in my rig 1 for OS and main programs. 2 for games, steam, origin. 3 for graphic design and 3d programs. I store any storage and backups on my WD 6T duo cloud drive. It is now maxed out and with me just ordering the parts for a HTPC I am looking at adding a rack mount cloud server these would fit perfect! I chose this style of storage because if any of my computers in the house crash I only need to reload programs and all data that is important is always saved and access able from my cloud!

I use a 250GB Samsung 840 for my OS and all my applications; I have a secondary 1TB Barracuda to hold all my media (including my games, music, TV shows, movies, downloaded web content, and images), and I have a 1TB Western Digital My Passport (as featured in this former contest entry /watch?v=lDfVdrETFnc ) that I use to backup all my media. I use the 840 and Barracuda because they were very cheap at the time of buying and I didn't need top level SSD performance. I have the My Passport because I can't live without some kind of backup, plus I like taking my media with me everywhere.

Please quote me if you want me to see your post about my post, otherwise I may lose track of the thread and never see it.

I'd love to help, but I'm probably gonna' have to ask for more info before we can get anything done.

Have a wonderful day.

Right now I'm running a 2TB Seagate Barracuda for all of my storage and booting needs, because I have a TON of steam games.  I bought a bunch in the summer sale and I have a bunch of humble bundle ones, so I need the space.  I want to get an ssd but I can't afford one right now.  I also have a lot of music to store as well.

Facebook post by James Keirnan:https://www.facebook.com/jkeirnan/posts/680954408601313
Twitter post by @JamesKeirnan:https://twitter.com/JamesKeirnan/status/378004457406992385

Post on overclock.net, my username is jkeirnan87: http://www.overclock.net/t/1426145/hey-new-here

I'm running a Crucial m4 128gb SSD as my boot drive (as it was on offer at that moment) and with a WD 2TB Green HDD (it was the cheapest priced hdd and also it's a pretty reliable hdd) as my storage solution.

Facebook share from Kenneth Tan : https://www.facebook.com/NethT/posts/10153212904570532

Twitter share with Twitter handle @dreamzon : https://twitter.com/dreamzon/status/378009761825832960

My current setup is 2 Samsung 128 gig SSDs set up in RAID 0 for the boot speed of my OS as well as the speed in playing Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn which just came out. For my data drive, I'm running a 1 TB Western Digital Black. I went with WD because I've just been using them for years and have never had an issue with them. Getting close to capping it out and looking at expanding to another 1TB Black or bigger.

I'm currently setting up for a new rig though. I'll hopefully be looking at 2 256 GB SSDs, likely Western Digital or Samsung in RAID 0 as well as my current WD Black and any other drives I can fit into the Corsair Air 540. You can never have too much hard drive space.

My current configuration is a Mushkin 256 GB SSD, a 500 GB Sata II WD Black, 1TB WD Green Sata II, and 2TB WD Green Sata II. I mention that they're stata II because they're painfully slow, and every one of them is filled to the brim. My SSD functions as my main OS drive and most of my programs. The 500GB black is used for my documents and large game installations. The 1TB and 2TB are used for Movies, TV Shows, games, etc.

I purchased my hard drives literally because I've only put trust in WD cause I've had nothing but good luck with them. I purchased the SSD because I wanted to experience dem fast boot times and transfer speeds. I specifically chose the mushkin because it was one of the better priced and highest rated at the time. 

I need new drives but I have literally no money. I'm still in school and I'm way too lazy to get a job. 

I'm using a SanDisk 120GB SSD for storing my operating system on and have a 2TB Seagate Barracuda.

Reason i run this setup is for quick boot times and for room to have a few other programs installed on SSD so they run faster, and 2TB is for the storage of all my games.

I didn't get a larger SSD or HDD as it was too expensive and those are what fit my price range.

I am atm currently running 640gb WD Blue because it came with it and my 2nd drive is 240gb Maxtor Sata 1 drive, because my WD Blue is bit outdated i have better read write on maxtor thus i use it as a game drive while blue drive with better seq read/wriite is for OS

its that time again.... my files are beginning to pile up....