WD Red 4TB GIVEAWAY!

LinusTech

I run a 120GB Kingston HyperX 3K SSD for a boot drive and an ancient 2TB, 5400rpm, external Samsung HDD.

The setup gives me performance in booting the OS and running games thanks to the SSD and everything else is on the external HDD. I have an external HDD (and not internal) because my plan was to get a wireless router with a USB port and plug the HDD in it so that I could share my music, photos and movies with all wireless enabled devices in the house. That plan is now over 6 years old and yet to be implemented (kind of like Linus' personal PC).

I run an OCZ RevoDrive 3 240GB PCIe SSD  for my boot drive because it was a great price, and offers great speed with a :( 6 month warranty.I also have a Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD for games and other stuff,and i use a WD Caviar SE 160GB HDD for my pc backup. (my WD Caviar SE 160GB HDD is from JAN 7 2005)

i have a 1tb wd hdd it was cheap and didnt need any more at the time but need more now got a lot of games :D

I'm currently running four hard drives. One is for windows 7 it's a 500gb 7200rpm WD. My second hard drive is a 500gb 7200rpm  WD for gaming.Third hard drive is a 500gb 7200rpm WD for youtube video's and my final hard drive is a black scorpio 320gb for software.

i am running a 1TB hard drive. the only reason i have it is because it was cheap i would upgrade but that's the last thing in my list of upgrades 

Thankfully, I just built a new rig. To start with I chose Windows 8 - I've used it and don't have any issues with it. I have a 120GB SSD to help with boot speeds and a WD 1TB Blue hard drive for storage (games). 

I use a Intel 330 120GB SSD because it was on sale for £50 at OCUK new store opening event - it was so cheap I couldn't not buy it.

I also have a WD Elements 1TB USB 3 external (portable) drive for storage because I have no room inside my case to mount a hard drive and because it's USB powered I can take it with me when using my laptop.

i use 500gig wd green drive as boot drive because my computer is on %90 of the time and i dont need fast response times since i will be either gaming or rendering, the renders and my projects are backed up in 2 individual drives one of them is 320 2.5 hitachi drive (which is still reliable after all those years) and 160gb seagate 2.5 drive my games are in seagate 1tb drive (old sata2 one) that i got from an old system also my apps are backed up in a 250gig 2.5 wd drive for maximum redundancy 

twitter https://twitter.com/Levent2101/status/377811990179106816

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

About a year and half ago I took my old PC and turned it into my home storage server.  At the time it had a 250GB WD Black boot drive, and 1TB WD Green drive with WHS 2011.  Earlier this year I had to reformat the PC to a Win 7 machine for my father because his PC died.  Now I've had it back for about a month.  It's currently running Windows 7 with 1TB WD Geen and a 2tB WD Green, all drives were used and just given to me.  In the last couple of weeks I've been thinking of putting WHS 2011 back on it or something else, with an SSD boot and some WD Red's for RAID 1.

I run a 120GB Intel 520 SSD, because I got it for free and I use it as a boot drive. I also have a  1TB WD Blue drive for storage and I got it because It's reliable and good for day to day operation. 

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/aaron.tullis.3/posts/3359616007114

Thanks Linus and WD for providing us with these great contests

Archangel(z11 Build) CPU: Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.0 GPU: 2x Sapphire R9 290x RAM: 16GB GSkill Ripjaws V 2800 Mobo: ASRock X370 Killer SLI/AC Power Supply: Cougar CMX1000 Case: Zalman Z11 Plus HF1 Storage: 120GB Intel 520 SSD, 1TB WD Blue

Reptile(Dual G34) CPU: 2x Opteron 6172 RAM: 32GB DDR3 1866 ECC Mobo: Super Micro H8DGU-F Power Supply: Seasonic SS-660XP2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Storage: Hitachi Ultrastar 7k300 3TB

White Knight:(wife's build) CPU: A10-6800k GPU: MSI 7970 Lightning GHz BE RAM: 8GB HyperX Fury White 1866 Mobo: MSI A88x-g43 Power Supply: Seasonic M12II 520 Case: TT Commander Snow Edition Storage:1TB WD Blue

I run an OCZ RevoDrive 3 240GB PCIe SSD  for my boot drive because it was a great price, and offers great speed with a :( 6 month warranty.I also have a Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD for games and other stuff,and i use a WD Caviar SE 160GB HDD for my pc backup. (my WD Caviar SE 160GB HDD is from JAN 7 2005)

i don't have my desktop pc, ATM but i will build one in the near future and in that i'm going to run a single seagate barracuda 2 TB harddrive, because it is one of the cheapest solutions for storage because my budget got a bit tight,1 but i would like to have a bootdrive SSD just for the quick startup.

Twitter name. @Georgefoster98 can't find a link...

Reddit name. Nipperjamjnr http://www.reddit.com/r/technology/comments/1lpjaf/wd_drive_giveaway_on_the_ltt_forums/?already_submitted=true

A the minute I am only running one 2.5" hard drive at 250gb as I stole it out of my school laptop so I could get my desktop built without having to pay out for an ssd...I'm still at school so I'm not earning any money. I am hoping to upgrade to a 240gb OCD SSD and raid 1 for mega fast boot times. I am also running out of space very fast as where I make games for youtube... As you may know Fraps kicks out some big a** files (80gb)

Thanks for reading this, hope I win.

1. I am using a  Western Digital Caviar SE 160 GB, I bought it when I first built my PC 3 years ago. Also, I am keeping a  Seagate Barracuda  1TB for my files and videos. I also install my games on my 1 TB. Though I keep the 160 GB for windows and programs.

2. @silverscrow : https://twitter.com/silverscrow/status/377806918016057345

3. tumblr - silverscrow :  http://silverscrow.tumblr.com/post/60936153368/linustechtips-wd-giveaway

I am running a single Corsair Nueron GTX 240 GB boot drive for a fast boot with plenty of space for programs and running Windows 7 and 8 . I am running three WD green drives in RAID 5 because I don't have enough sata ports. The RAID 5 is for Media storage with 4 TB of space. I am running two WD black drives in RAID 0 for Steam games. I want to have the TB of space and the speed. It doesn't matter if it fails, I can download the games again. I want to make a media server but there is no way I could afford a computer after textbooks. The red drive would be great to start getting drives to put in RAID 1 or 10 in a media server. Then it could be very small and still have a lot of starage. I was thinking of building it in a Bitfenix Prodigy case.

I'm running 6 hdds in my HP N54L, two 2.5" on a raid controller card for network storage and the OS. The main storage is 6tb of bulk storage spread over 4 drives. Would like to know if I can push the storage capacity of the N54L higher than the 8tb limit with a bios mod. Waiting as well to add two M.2 SSD on a single pass through card to my add on raid controller.

I have a WD 500GB caviar green. I found a few pc cases on the street, and managed to savage a few things. Hence, still using it. Shh, on a student budget.

Also, had a WD 1TB MyPassport. It has decided to playup. Lucky i was still under warranty, and was able to get a replacement. Hopefully, it arrives soon.

I currently use new wd 2 tb green for my storage, because it uses less electricity and in the time of purchase it was cheapest.

I have wd 320 gb and wd 500 gb for additional storage. First was for os, due to lack of space, I bought the 500 gb and change os to 500 gb one.

I also have two wd 160 gb which are both dead.

Now I deciding to buy an Samsung 840 EVO SSD to speed up my machine.

i use a 2 TB Seagate HDD :I
budget gaming pc/render station

I have a 60GB OCZ SSD as my OS drive purely for speed over raw space. I also then have a seagate 500GB barracuda which was my old OS drive but it's now used only for installing games on via steam, origin or standalone games that would take up too much space on my SSD. Finally i have a WD 1TB blue drive which is used to store and backup all my media, game mods, larger files as well as anything of importance.

The reason i have the drives over other ones are mainly cost related. I'm not always able to spend spare cash on pc components like hard drives, the seagate was pretty cheap drive when i got it plus i got the WD drive

for free as it used to be my fathers but after his passing i put it aside until i could go through it to which i kept the important files and got rid of what was not needed.

Twitter share @darklighthim - https://twitter.com/darklighthim/status/377811924429189121

Desktop
i5-760: Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb Asus GTX 760 2gb

Laptop 

i5-4300u: 8GB ram, Intel HD: 128GB: 1080p Touch