Phishing Emails & YouTube Messages - Fake Giveaway Read more... ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LinusTech

WD Red 4TB GIVEAWAY!

Well, I have a 250 GB Samsung 840 SSD, a Seagate 3TB drive (cause it was not expensive and good for the money) and my old 1TB drive from my old computer. The reason I got it because I want the fast speeds of an SSD, a LOT of storage space for EVERYTHING I could ever want, and the old drive because I have yet to sort it out... Although I would like more space (to store my 3D renderings and fluid simulations), and to be able to download tons of films. Also I'd loveeee to have more space so I can finally properly record game footage: running games from and writing to my 3TB disk just isn't fast enough. At all... So that's why :D

Welp, i chose my 2TB toshiba drive, because it was the best price to storage there was ATM. I'm now waiting to saveup for an SSD. Also was considering bying 2TB extra in the future. Not planning to raid those thou. Feel no need for that. And since i dont have any facebook or twitter... only one entry for me. Hope it's gonna be the golden one :D

HI!

My name is Walfred and im from mexico.

My current hard drive is : Laptop Solid State Hybrid Drive 500GB, im running it on a Dekstop PC, if you are wonder why, is because here in mexico the Pc hardware is too expensive and i didnt have the money to buy a SSD.

i been playing mmorpgs since 1996 and i have a lot of games, so i need a lot of space on my pc and at the moment i dont have it.

i been trying to save money for a velociraptor but the cheapest that i have found (here in mexico) costs arround 420usd. 

Just an example of how bad is the economy in mexico. 3 months ago i finally upgrade my graphics card, from a gts250 to an used gtx560ti and i paid 200usd for it, a new gtx560ti costed arround 400usd :( sad, sad.

* in fact a SSD would be great for a HDD is fine :P

------------------------------

1.-

https://www.facebook.com/wallasinc

2.-
3.-  

Main PC:

On my main "daily driver" PC I use 2x250GB SSDs in raid 0, this gives me super fast 500GB, plenty of room to keep my Steam games and have super fast response. I don't care about the lesser reliability of a raid 0 setup, as I use my File Server to keep important information. All I need is fast performance. I don't mind re-installing windows or re-downloading steam games if needed, but i haven't had to so far. Been running for about a year on this setup, so far so good.

File Server:

On My File Server, I have 8x3TB WD Reds, and 3x2TB WD Greens.

The 8x3TB WD Reds are setup in Raid 6, from a LSI raid card, in case I need to move my raid array to a different motherboard.

I built this NAS to keep all the media for my whole house, so I want it to be rock solid, and built to last. So on top of the crazy good reliability on the WD reds I set them up in raid 6 so in the off chance that 2 of the WD reds fail, all of my critical data will still be save.

The 3x2TB WD Greens are setup in raid 0, off the motherboard raid controller.

I use this as a sandbox space, for none critical network storage. Browser downloads, and such.

this server runs an ssd as a boot drive... mostly because I had it laying around... no real need for an ssd on this server.

Carlos Callirgos

I have a  Buffalo Ministation 500GB USB 2.0 Portable Hard Disk Drive, I use this to allow me to transfer files between computers and to extend storage. I do need to upgrade this and as i have had it for over 2 years now, would't it be grate if i got a new Hard drive.

I have a gaming computer with a Samsung 840 250gig SSD for windows/programs and a few games and a Corsair 120gig Force 3 drive for games.

I also have a server with another 120gig Force 3 ssd and then I have 1 x WD Black 500GB drive, 2 x 3TB WD Red drives, 2 x 2TB WD Black Enterprise drives and 1 x 1TB WD Black drive.

The reason for my setup:

I didnt want any harddrives in my gaming rig beucase they are too big and I want to make it as beutiful and silent as possible, and I really like the speed of SSDs!

My server is running a SSD for OS, becuase its fast and then obviusly mechanical harddrives for storage because they are big and I have built up my drive "pool" for some years now, never had a WD die or any problems with them, which is why I only ever buy WD when it comes to mechanical drives. :)

1.I have 2 old 80 GB Seagate drives, one of which is my boot drive. I have another 500 GB Seagate drive for mass storage and 2 external 500 GB Transcend drives. I have this setup because the boot drive came with my system, the other 80 GB drive was a refurbished one for a compelling price at the time, the 500 GB was bought from my savings for storage expansion and the 1 TB didn't fit my budget. The external 500 GB drives were given to me by my sister as a present. I have all my data spanned across them in a really unreliable and unorganized way.

2. Facebook share from Vatsal Patel: https://www.facebook.com/techenthusiast/posts/10200345382869792

3. Twitter share with Twitter handle @vp47el: https://twitter.com/vp47el/status/377854024059334656

1863GB Seagate ST2000DM001-1CH164 (SATA)

And a 500Gb extern hard disk.

It is a cheap one but i chose to spent more on my grafic cards. 2 x xfx7970 ghz edition.

I use the extern hard drive for files for my clan site. Intro videos, clan events videos.

But i was looking for a small ssd for myn windows drivers

Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, 1TB (Raid 1, 2x1TB), 1TB Green , a 4TB nas (5x1TB in raid 1), 6TB nas (4x2TB) and a 1TB External Drive

CPU: i7 3770k | CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: Maximus V Extreme | Memory: 32GB (4x8GB) Corsair Vengance Red 1866Mhz | GPU:Nvidia Geforce GTX 780 SLI | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | 2x1TB Seagate barracuda in RAID 1 | PSU: Corsair AX850 | Case: HAF X Nvidia Edition | Mouse: Corsair M95 | Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 | LG Blu-Ray Player | 27" 2560x1440p Shimian, Acer 1920x1080p | AKG K550 Headphones | Behringer MS40 Speakers

At this moment I have a 256 Gb SSD from samsung (830) I use this for my OS and most important programmas that I want to use fast such as steam including my better played games.

Than I have a 630 Gb WD green HDD That I scapped from my old pc which I use for downloads only

And I have a 1,5Tb WD green HDD that I bought when I assembled my new PC this is for mass storages including all my game files.

I have a quite old pc, with one Samsung 500GB hard drive and one 1TB Toshiba external drive, just because they were very cheap.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/victor.dumitru.54/posts/603630849699483 ( Victor Dumitru )

Twitter: https://twitter.com/iPhoneGamer1/status/377854020578062336 ( @iPhoneGamer1 )

Google+: https://plus.google.com/101054396388083332596/posts/2CLnsdgMW92 ( trypodification@gmail.com )

1. I have a RAID 0 of 2 128GB OCZ Vertex 4's as my main drive and then a 1TB drive for backup and movie storage. I would like the drives so that I could set up a more reliable backup for my main drive and so I can store more music and movies on my secondary.

I run 2 2TB seagate storage drives which I bought cause they were cheap when I built the computer, and 1 1TB western digital Black OS drive that was on sale when I needed more storage.

OS/Boot: Samsung 120GB 2.5-inch SSD 840 Series.  

I bought this version because I could not afford the PRO series by Samsung. Still a fast SSD and much better then a HDD.

Media Storage: 2x Western Digital WD Green 2TB

Storage for movies, music, and other non-important files. Bought these because they have a large capacity and are affordable.

Gaming Storage: Western Digital My Book 3TB Desktop USB 3.0 External Hard

For Steam games. Bought this for capacity, USB 3.0 and for portability.

NAS Storage: 2x Western Digital Red NAS Hard Drive  2TB in RAID 1. In a D-Link DNS-323.

This is for important storage and backups. I used raid for security.

If I won a 4TB WD red drive I would upgrade my NAS enclosure to a 4 bay 4TB compatible NAS and buy 3 more WD red drives and run a RAID 5 to get more storage and still have a 1 drive redundancy.

Right now I am running a SATA 1 Seagate 250gb in my new computer I just bought (boot and storage sadly lol). I pulled this from an old computer to keep the budget on my computer build low.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/EricAndTheFloys/status/377854946973978624 (@EricAndTheFloys)

Facebook screenshot : https://twitter.com/EricAndTheFloys/status/377856153901740033 (Eric Samnang Lim)

Hey,

I am using a Samsung 830 256GB SSD as my main Drive, its pretty fast, and for me, future proof. For now it runs just at Sata 2 speeds, because I do not have a Sata 3 Port at my Intel H55 board.

Besides of that i am  useing an 64 GB SSD from Kinston, witch was my Boot drive before I upgraded to the Samsung. Now its just my Temp-Drive, with my Pagefile.sys of it.

I just bought it because i really wantet an SSD, back then when it was 2$/GB (2€/GB for me)

I too have Some HDD´s in my System:

1st) a 750GB I believe its a Seagate, but its the oldest component in my System :D
2nd) 3 WD-Green 2TB Drives in a really unsafe Config, just as JBOD addet as One Volume. First I just bought One to have enought Storage, but than I startet Backing up my BluRay´s, and Games on the Drive. Then I had to upgrade and bought another two, but I really want a NAS with RAID 5.

As my external HDD I use a Seagate xtreme Freeagent 1,5TB. Back than I bought it because of the FireWire Port, but now I love it because of eSata.

Posted on Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/sTITh1990/posts/10151858875223699

Tweeted at Twitter:  https://twitter.com/sTITh1807/status/377851495036633088

MfG sTITh :D

Hi! My name is Jeffrey. The storage setup on my PC is really bad so I'm in dire need of some. All I have is a Maxtor (yes, you read right...Maxtor) 80GB SATA I drive from around the time when SATA was first introduced. It's so old that I still have no idea how it's working. I have this drive because, to be honest, I've been having some financial difficulties. It seemed smarter to me to go for everything else BUT a drive at this point. I'm having to use flash drives that were given to me for free to store some things so I can free up some space. Yes, it's that bad.

Twitter: @SilentJeff (https://twitter.com/SilentJeff/status/377856033063841792)

I run 2 3TB Hitachis in an external non-raid enclosure and use synctoy to do manual backups every once in a while.

Needed more storage for my HD movies and didn't want to clog up the internals of my system, so i opted for an external enclosure.

Didn't look for an enclosure that had hardware raid as I didn't want to be tied down to that same enclosure should my current one fail on me.

I'm running WD Blue 320GB HDD, it's couple years old, and i didn't want to change it, because it's still good for my needs, but it is in my "need-to-upgrade" list :)

1. i have 2x 750 solid state hybrid drives in my laptop but i need the space but want room, a 2tb wd mybooklive nas for backups, and a 1tb seagate external drive for all my anime, a 3tb wd mybook usb 3.0 drive for steam and games, and a 750 seagate usb 3.0 drive that i use as a flash drive for school and to get stuff from my friends  

I currently have only a 2 TB WD Red drive because i have a lot of steam games and music, and i could get my friends old one for free instead of buying a new one. I'm sure the pricing is good though.

I use a WD 750GB Green as my boot drive, I bought this because I was building my first PC and I wanted a cheap and relliable hard drive. I would've bought a larger drive but it was during the time of the floods in taiwan and the increased HDD prices. later I added a WD 2TB Green for a low cost storage drive for games, video and music... although this recently developed a fault (*Current Pending Sector Error?.. plus it's unstable) and I need to send it back to WD.

I also have an old WD 150GB USB external hard drive which I use to store movies and older games which don't require much space and I also have a newer WD 500GB USB external hard drive which I have use as a backup drive for essential data and use it to transfer large Clumps of data to and from my old Core 2 Duo Media Center PC and i5 Gaming PC... both of these external drives was given to me by my uncle, He spends money on computer components like there's no tomorrow! xD

Also I'd like to say thanks for all the video reviews and guides linus.
It helped when I was building my first rig.

2.1 GB of seagate storage. You will ask me why i do use such retarded stuff?

Simple, i use it as a memento. Or better: as a dust catcher on the shelf. The computer has no other use anymore and was bought back in the days where for "big" storage you needed to spend a fortune. It was the first computer i had, "shared" it with my dad, means i sat all the time in front of it and i still have it.

Unbelievable how big the storages got and we are not at the end of the journey. But don't you think i need a storage upgrade? :)

I run a 100gb ide drive as a main. And i run 3 80gb 7200rpm wd drives for data. Which are currently all full. Each of the 80gb drives have downloads and music. Family documents too. I run a old dell with 1gb of ram and a pentium 4. Its a desktop. 

240GB NeutronGTX.....Boot

480GB Agility 3 ...........Games drive

512GB Sam 830..........Scratch disk

Everything backs up to my server daily.

64GB Vertex 4.......................................Boot

8 x 2TB WD green in 4 raid 1 pairs.......Storage

SSD's are fantastic and I've only ever had one die (original vertex), but I still don't trust anything other than raid 1 for storage and even then I back up my most critical data to a 2TB external drive weekly.