Hate for Razer

Savir

You don't have to run the driver to use your settings.

You only have to start up the driver to change them, and then you can close the driver for it to RUN IN THE BACKGROUND.

I capitalized the obvious part for emphasis.

If the driver isn't running, and doesn't load at startup, you don't get to use your settings. That is simply unacceptable.

I capitalized the obvious part for emphasis.

If the driver isn't running, and doesn't load at startup, you don't get to use your settings. That is simply unacceptable.

In order for the driver to NOT be running in the background, you'd have to deliberately go to prevent it from starting up automatically. Since there is zero reason to do that, then I don't understand why ANYONE would. These situations of yours are getting bizarre, man

In order for the driver to NOT be running in the background, you'd have to deliberately go to prevent it from starting up automatically. Since there is zero reason to do that, then I don't understand why ANYONE would. These situations of yours are getting bizarre, man

You don't police your programs running at startup? That is computing 101.

Razer made decent products, why did i say it was decent? Because their products looks good to be honest, but they're waaaaay overpriced and it was not long lasting. I got a razer kraken pro, and only last like two years. I don't actually know the lifespan of a headphone is but I assume it was cut short. The leatherette ugh, the worst it would peel and leave like a mark on it, although it was black all through it would still be seen from miles away.

DESKTOP PC :

CPU :RYZEN 5 2600/ GPU :MSI Ventus OC GTX 1660 Ti/ RAM :Team Elite 2x8/ PSU :Corsair CX650M/ HDD :Toshiba 2TB/ SSD :Adata XPG M.2 SATA 265GB/ COOLER :Be Quite 2x140mm / MOBO :Asus TUF B450 Gaming

LAPTOP :

CPU :i7-4710HQ/ GPU :GTX 860M/ RAM :8GB OEM/ HDD :1 TB 

PERIPHERALS :

MOUSE :LOGITECH G502/ HEADSET :HyperX Cloud Alpha/ KEYBOARD :Logitech G Pro 

POSSIBLE PC BUILD :

PC PART LINK

Bought a couple of their products during their CES appreciation sale event. If it weren't for the discounts I never would've bought so many Razer peripherals.

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 | CM Hyper 212 Evo | MSI ZH77A-G43 | HyperX Fury DDR3 8GBx2 | MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 3GB

Lian-Li PC-A05FN | SanDisk Ultra II 240GB | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 550W | ASUS MG248Q

Cherry G80-3000 (blue) | Ducky 9008 Shine 2 (black/blue LED) | Ducky 9087 Shine 2 Year of the Dragon (brown/yellow LED)

Ducky Mini Year of the Horse (white/blue+red LED) | Steelseries 6Gv2 (black) | Leopold FC660M (red) | Vortex Race 3 (blue)

Logitech G400s | Razer Abyssus Mirror Edition | Razer Goliathus Speed

Steelseries Sensei RAW | SteelSeries Qck | Zowie EC1-ASteelseries Qck+ Fnatic edition

You don't police your programs running at startup? That is computing 101.

Policing them and illogically preventing an obviously necessary program from running are two different things

Razer made decent products, why did i say it was decent? Because their products looks good to be honest, but they're waaaaay overpriced and it was not long lasting. I got a razer kraken pro, and only last like two years. I don't actually know the lifespan of a headphone is but I assume it was cut short. The leatherette ugh, the worst it would peel and leave like a mark on it, although it was black all through it would still be seen from miles away.

I have a Megalodon and still use it. So it's what? Like 5 years old? Works fine... Tho there were some serious issues for several months after I got it, till they updated the firmware. After that it's only given me a hard time if I had it on a weak USB port.

iPhone 5 / iPad 1 / iPad 3 / iPad Mini / iPad Air 2 | Galaxy S / Nexus 7 / Sero 7 / Nvidia Shield Tablet

Asus Maximus VI Hero / i7 4770 / GTX 780 Windforce SLI / Samsung 850 Pro 1TB / Rosewill Blackhawk

G710 & G500s / Cougar 600K / Blackwidow Ultimate 2016

Policing them and illogically preventing an obviously necessary program from running are two different things

According to Razer it is "plug and play". No drivers should be needed to run it. Why would I let something run at start up and slow down my boot times if it is not needed?

And why would I let a hideous bright green icon linger on my notification tray 24/7 just to run basic settings that should be saved to my "plug and play" device?

It is a basic feature, the cost to add it would be minimal, it eliminates the need to run a program 24/7 as a result, and would speed up boot times. There is 0 excuse for any halfway decent company not to include it.

According to Razer it is "plug and play". No drivers should be needed to run it. Why would I let something run at start up and slow down my boot times if it is not needed?

If I'm not mistaken, don't you need Razer Synapse (or whatever mouse config / driver program, for your particular brand of mouse) to be running in order to affect USB polling rate?  Isn't polling rate modified through a "driver" that Razer Synapse installs?

For what it's worth, I absolutely hate Razer Synapse.  It frequently misbehaves, and consumes 100% of a CPU core.  Hate Razer Synapse, and all Razer products, with a passion (except my Razer Blade.  Which I love... with a passion?)

SSD vs HDD Direct Comparison - Identical Drive Images | SSD Boots Windows 7 + Load 27 Apps in 1 Minute | 17 Second Boot - POST to Desktop
Razer Blade 14 (2015) | Core i7-4720HQ | 8GB RAM | GeForce 970M | 500GB M.2 SSD | 14.1" 1920x1080 Display | 4.19 lbs

And why would I let a hideous bright green icon linger on my notification tray 24/7 just to run basic settings that should be saved to my "plug and play" device?

It is a basic feature, the cost to add it would be minimal, it eliminates the need to run a program 24/7 as a result, and would speed up boot times. There is 0 excuse for any halfway decent company not to include it.

"Oh no, my boot times will be slowed by a fraction of a second!"

I don't know about you, but you can look at my pcpartpicker. My computer is not the most beefy thing out there, and it boots in less than 45 seconds. Why in the hell does it matter? If you're talking about actual game or work performance being affected by the driver running in the background, I'd understand. Otherwise, why the hell does it matter if it doesn't take up more than a few kilobytes of RAM and almost zero computer performance. You're worrying about stuff that doesn't matter, man. And even more than worrying, why would you complain? Calm yourself

I don't know about you, but you can look at my pcpartpicker. My computer is not the most beefy thing out there, and it boots in less than 45 seconds. Why in the hell does it matter? If you're talking about actual game or work performance being affected by the driver running in the background, I'd understand. Otherwise, why the hell does it matter if it doesn't take up more than a few kilobytes of RAM and almost zero computer performance. You're worrying about stuff that doesn't matter, man. And even more than worrying, why would you complain? Calm yourself

Because it matters to me obviously. I don't want unneeded crap running at startup. And I certainly don't want some bright green icon blinding me from my notification tray 24/7. There is 0 reason why the device can't use its own internal storage to save a profile and as a result of it lacking this feature something needs to be in my face constantly, 24/7, never going away. And it needs to run at startup, every time, or it won't work.

Fail. Just fail. Any halfway decent company allows you to save profiles locally. (Thermaltake, Mionx, Corsair, Logitech, ect). Only razer is like "herp derp how do I make room for 20kb of memory???" And at the most expensive price point to boot!

Because it matters to me obviously. I don't want unneeded crap running at startup. And I certainly don't want some bright green icon blinding me from my notification tray 24/7. There is 0 reason why the device can't use its own internal storage to save a profile and as a result of it lacking this feature something needs to be in my face constantly, 24/7, never going away. And it needs to run at startup, every time, or it won't work.

Fail. Just fail. Any halfway decent company allows you to save profiles locally. (Thermaltake, Mionx, Corsair, Logitech, ect). Only razer is like "herp derp how do I make room for 20kb of memory???" And at the most expensive price point to boot!

I'm gonna say his once, and just once. If you're so goddamned upset about something so trivial, then do something about it. If you wanna waste that much of my time complaining about something that's virtually meaningless to literally anyone else, then learn how to code, go to Razer's site, and volunteer for a software engineering job. Fix it, earn money. Done. 

In fact, I'll give you a link to it: http://careers.razerzone.com/search.php

Otherwise, please stop mentioning one of my comments. You sound like a small child complaining that his gourmet mac and cheese has a weird taste because its cheese sauce is made from scratch.

It's trivial. It's unimportant. The person who posted this forum question wanted help on important subject matters, not your whining about another half a second on your boot time.

I'm gonna say his once, and just once. If you're so goddamned upset about something so trivial, then do something about it. If you wanna waste that much of my time complaining about something that's virtually meaningless to literally anyone else, then learn how to code, go to Razer's site, and volunteer for a software engineering job. Fix it, earn money. Done. 

In fact, I'll give you a link to it: http://careers.razerzone.com/search.php

Otherwise, please stop mentioning one of my comments. You sound like a small child complaining that his gourmet mac and cheese has a weird taste because its cheese sauce is made from scratch.

It's trivial. It's unimportant. The person who posted this forum question wanted help on important subject matters, not your whining about another half a second on your boot time.

...OR I could just use products from any of the companies I listed instead that can figure out how to fit 20kb of internal storage on their $100 mice/$150 keyboards...

Personally... not a fan of Razer.  Their product are nice in the hand, and perform well when they work.  My issue is with durability over the long run and Synapses 2.0.  I never understood the point of a cloud enable client for my mouse, keyboard, and mouse pad.  Also I found it less functional than the previous client.  

As for durability issues... Left click died on me twice with my deathadder, and my Lachesis died a week outside my warranty period thanks to borked firmware.

For the time being I'll see where Steelseries takes me, and I'll go from here.  As for OP's question.  If you like it, go buy it.  Worst comes to worst you'll get a warrant repair or have to buy a new mouse after 2 years.  But at least you'll be happy with the mouse for that time span. 

I have enjoyed my Razer stuff and it hasn't been failing or anything.  It is actually pretty good so far.  I have seen comments where people say don't get it because it will break within a week. Then you find a video of them playing with the mouse, smashing it off the desk and and stuff saying that they take "good care" of their mice.  It isn't exactly designed for stuff like that, no mice (unless they have a metal frame) are designed for stuff like that.  Ridiculous.  

Even for me that has a pc that starts up in 10sec I don't care if it will take 1 sec more and take up 100 kilobytes. 

I agree 100% with you people should calm down.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

Even for me that has a pc that starts up in 10sec I don't care if it will take 1 sec more and take up 100 kilobytes.

For what it's worth, here are two completely valid reasons (plus one subjective reason) for hating on Razer, that have nothing to do with someone's anal OCD tendencies to have a completely clean System Tray and save 10KB of RAM out of the 16,000KB typically seen in self-built coPCs today:

1). Razer Synapse has been known to misbehave. When it does, its not uncommon for it to consume 100% CPU of a single core.

2). Using Razer Synapse to store mouse profiles in the cloud is a cop-out to lower production costs. Razer marketing claims its to free us from "last-generation onboard memory". And that it makes your mousing profiles available anywhere you go.

But you know what else makes your mousing profiles available anywhere you go? Onboard memory. And it doesn't require you to download & install software, create or log in to a Razer account, or have an internet connection (e.g. plugged-in laptop gaming on a train or plane).

3). Subjective reason. My opinion is Razer quality is pretty poor. Deathadder dies after 18 months, Razer Orochi rubber coating is starting to disintegrate and get sticky after 24 months.

SSD vs HDD Direct Comparison - Identical Drive Images | SSD Boots Windows 7 + Load 27 Apps in 1 Minute | 17 Second Boot - POST to Desktop
Razer Blade 14 (2015) | Core i7-4720HQ | 8GB RAM | GeForce 970M | 500GB M.2 SSD | 14.1" 1920x1080 Display | 4.19 lbs

For what it's worth, here are two completely valid reasons (plus one subjective reason) for hating on Razer, that have nothing to do with someone's anal OCD tendencies to have a completely clean System Tray and save 10KB of RAM out of the 16,000KB typically seen in self-built coPCs today:

1). Razer Synapse has been known to misbehave. When it does, its not uncommon for it to consume 100% CPU of a single core.

2). Using Razer Synapse to store mouse profiles in the cloud is a cop-out to lower production costs. Razer marketing claims its to free us from "last-generation onboard memory". And that it makes your mousing profiles available anywhere you go.

But you know what else makes your mousing profiles available anywhere you go? Onboard memory. And it doesn't require you to download & install software, create or log in to a Razer account, or have an internet connection (e.g. plugged-in laptop gaming on a train or plane).

3). Subjective reason. My opinion is Razer quality is pretty poor. Deathadder dies after 18 months, Razer Orochi rubber coating is starting to disintegrate and get sticky after 24 months.

1. I have never had synapse misbehave on me.

2. I don't have to download the program to get my deathadder to work with the same DPI on another pc.

3. I have seen mice that are way worse build than a deathadder for the same price or higher.

4. I have had mice that cost 50% more and started to dubble click on me after 3 weeks, my deathadder 2013 is just starting to do that 1/40 times I click and I got that thing before it even got to Denmark. The rubber thing has many mice had just look at steelseries rival.

And if there is still warranty on a product you should just go down to the store and make them give you a new one.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

1) Minimalism isn't a new concept, many people share it. I'm certain tons of other people don't want to have crap running 24/7 if it shouldn't need to be.

2) I'm also an ultra dark theme user and the razer icon is fucking obnoxious. AND IT NEVER GOES AWAY. I installed it to demonstrate how horrible it would be to be a customer of this flashy excuse for a gaming company:

Desktop.png

I make an effort to custom theme everything I use and not just windows so the green still obnoxiously sticks out with everything I do.

Desktop_active.png

Just assuming people are okay with your obnoxious icon always in their face is exactly the kind of shit that makes people want to stab you razer. Now take your yoloswag mentality and gtfo my computer.

plus, he is running on a laptop, hence the battery status in the upper right hand corner. The main guy who's arguing for those "tons of people" doesn't even have a dropdown menu in his task bar with which to hide the little green logo he hates so much

plus, he is running on a laptop, hence the battery status in the upper right hand corner. The main guy who's arguing for those "tons of people" doesn't even have a dropdown menu in his task bar with which to hide the little green logo he hates so much

I like to know everything that is running. Also I have a laptop and a tower, happened to be on the laptop. Not sure what that has to do with anything.

I like to know everything that is running. Also I have a laptop and a tower, happened to be on the laptop. Not sure what that has to do with anything.

If you were doing it on your pc, you could easily hide the icon you hate so much in the dropdown menu of your taskbar. That's what most people do when they want to keep their aesthetic.

I'm kind of done explaining to you and your supposed "tons of people" who care about that kind of trivial bs, so can you please stop quoting my posts?

Please keep the thread peaceful.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

14 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

Please keep the thread peaceful.

Will do.

On 1/30/2016 at 8:56 PM, TallboyGus said:

If you were doing it on your pc, you could easily hide the icon you hate so much in the dropdown menu of your taskbar. That's what most people do when they want to keep their aesthetic.

I'm kind of done explaining to you and your supposed "tons of people" who care about that kind of trivial bs, so can you please stop quoting my posts?

It is not trivial to me so I mentioned it. If the op thinks it is trivial to himself as well then he won't care, but if it is the kind of thing that bugs him... now he knows.

G.Skill mx780 or the Corsair scimitar RGB.

I went with the g.skill cause it was cheaper when I purchased it off newegg, but the scimitar was my original choice, even though it is made for mmo gaming

Code-name Nyx: R7-3800X w/ Scythe Fuma 2 Rev. B | Sapphire RX 5600XT | Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | Patriot Viper 4 Blackout | 3TB NVMe Storage| Cooler Master NR200 | Kubuntu/Windows 11 | Xiaomi Mi Curved 34" | Keebwerk Mega | Logitech G602 | Audio Technica ATH-M40X| Edifier e25 Luna