High CPU temps after reseat of cooler

Go to solution Solved by alanz25,

Horizontal pressure? i just mount it as center as i could get it then tightened the screws in a star pattern till they where as tight as they could go....

hmm, i don't see any problems other than maybe a bad mount.

Hello yesterday i took the new years cleaning on my pc, taking out the GPUs and CPU cooler and removing dust and such. I then, reinstalled everything and it seemed to work fine except i actually got higher temps on my CPU i mean like 20 degrees hotter, so i went for another reseat of the CPU cooler thinking i may have gotten air bubbles or something, but after i got slightly better items but still 10 degrees worse than the original temp with all that fucking dust in the radiator.

I wish i took a photo of the amount of dust inside the fins that radiator man :D

Some may be useful notes

The CPU is crudely OCed to 4,4GHz

The CPU used to idle at 55-65 degrees (depending on room temps)

And it used to go to max 75-85 during cinebench :D

Now it idles at 65-75 degrees and hits 90 every time i try to run cinebench and thus starts throttling D:

So if anyone know how to fix this or have any advice on what to do i would greatly appreciate any help :)

Intel 3930K @ 4,4ghz | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | Corsair Dominator GT 16gb | EVGA GTX 680 Classified | Asus Xonar Xense | Corsair HX 1050 | Corsair H100i | Corsair Force 3 120gb | Western Digital 2tb Black |

reseat again?

Cpu: i5 4690k @ 4.3ghz

Gpu: Asus GTX 970 Strix 

Ram: G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB

Mobo: Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 5

Psu: EVGA Supernova 750W G2

Case: NZXT Noctis 450

what cooler are you using?

what thermal paste?

could it be your fan speed has been changed?

Recent build: Fractal Design - Torrent reviewMeshify C / The 1080TI Strix Noctua modDefine S X58 Xeon build  / Specs: i7-14700KF 5.8Ghz - ASUS TUF RTX 4080 super - G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB 4000mhz CL18 -  Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X d4 - Torrent Fractal Design white - EVGA 850W Supernova G2 80+ Gold - Noctua D15

reseat again?

what cooler are you using?

what thermal paste?

could it be your fan speed has been changed?

Are you using the same thermal paste?

I have a Corsair H100i configured in pushpull as intake

Using artic MX4 thermal paste (small line) 

No the fans are configured  to work of the temps and are showing higher rps cuse of the higher temps 

I have reseated twice this is the one with the best temps so far 

Intel 3930K @ 4,4ghz | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | Corsair Dominator GT 16gb | EVGA GTX 680 Classified | Asus Xonar Xense | Corsair HX 1050 | Corsair H100i | Corsair Force 3 120gb | Western Digital 2tb Black |

I have a Corsair H100i configured in pushpull as intake

Using artic MX4 thermal paste (small line) 

No the fans are configured  to work of the temps and are showing higher rps cuse of the higher temps 

I have reseated twice this is the one with the best temps so far 

did you clean of the old thermal paste properly?

did you clean of the old thermal paste properly?

Yes ofc :D with isopropyl alcohol till it was properly clean 

Yes ofc :D with isopropyl alcohol till it was properly clean 

hmm, did you experience horizontal pressure when you remounted teh h100? i had a crap ton of horizontal pressure when i mounted my h100gtx, acually surprised i got it mounted right on the first try. :P

hmm, did you experience horizontal pressure when you remounted teh h100? i had a crap ton of horizontal pressure when i mounted my h100gtx, acually surprised i got it mounted right on the first try. :P

Horizontal pressure? i just mount it as center as i could get it then tightened the screws in a star pattern till they where as tight as they could go....

Maybe the thermal paste doesn't spread properly or you didn't apply enough. Did you try other methods of applying like the dot method ?

Rig:Crimson Impaler | CPU: i3 4160 | Cooler: CM Hyper TX3 Evo | Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS | RAM: Kingston Hyper X Savage 16GB kit (2x8) DDR3 1600MHZ CL9 | GPU: Asus Radeon R7 360 | PSU: Corsair CX 430 V2 | Storage: HDD WD 1TB Blue | Case: Delux DLC-MG866

~Half the world is composed of idiots, the other half of people clever enough to take indecent advantage of them.~

Maybe the thermal paste doesn't spread properly or you didn't apply enough. Did you try other methods of applying like the dot method ?

Ye gonna take another wack at it gonna try the dot and maybe more or less paste depening on how much is see on it brb 

Ye gonna take another wack at it gonna try the dot and maybe more or less paste depening on how much is see on it brb 

best of luck. must be annoying mounting and remounting a cooler  :(

best of luck. must be annoying mounting and remounting a cooler  :(

Success! i donno why it worked this time, i did all the same things that i didn't the other day, but whatever my temps have somehow gone down, so thanks i guess :D
also ye it was a little aggravating having to do it so many times :D 

Success! i donno why it worked this time, i did all the same things that i didn't the other day, but whatever my temps have somehow gone down, so thanks i guess :D
also ye it was a little aggravating having to do it so many times :D

congratz man, youve gave me an important life lesson - never take off a h100 after you've got it right!