Firefox Artifacting

Go to solution Solved by Michael McAllister,

Minimalist, are you using an AMD GPU mayhaps?  There is a bug related to HW acceleration in Firefox with newer series cards.  I had the same issue with a 7870.  Turn hardware acceleration off then report back.  :)

Does anybody know what this is and a way to stop it? It goes away if I scroll but it's kind of annoying and I don't know how it happens.

Thanks, Sam

4apFQ.png

Your RAM/GPU may not have a stable overclock. Does this happen elsewhere?

Your RAM/GPU may not have a stable overclock. Does this happen elsewhere?

RAM and GPU aren't overclocked and it's only in Firefox.

Browser problems? It works fine for me on Chrome.

If you try using inspect Element, you could try and fix it.

Compatible with Windows 95

Browser problems? It works fine for me on Chrome.

If you try using inspect Element, you could try and fix it.

It's just visual, I've been through it already and it's nothing there and it doesn't happen on Chrome either.

Are you using a new or beta version of Firefox, just go down to an older version or something

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

Are you using a new or beta version of Firefox, just go down to an older version or something

I've only started using Firefox recently, I'm on 23.0.1 if that means anything.

reinstall firefox. If that doesn't work maybe clear everything related to firefox via CCleaner then reinstall

Case: 650D CPU: i5 4670K GPU: GTX 770 Gaming @1306MHz Motherboard: MAXIMUS VI Hero PSU: AX760 CPU Cooler: H100i RAM: 8GB Vengeance Pro @1866MHz Storage: 840 250GB SSD / 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.14

reinstall firefox. If that doesn't work maybe clear everything related to firefox via CCleaner then reinstall

Try to re-install firefox

That will be my last port of call, for now I'll see if anybody have an answer.

I've only started using Firefox recently, I'm on 23.0.1 if that means anything.

Not a great new experience then, I'm not sure what the current Firefox is, I'm assuming you have quite a lot of add ons, this could also be a cause of your problem

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

Not a great new experience then, I'm not sure what the current Firefox is, I'm assuming you have quite a lot of add ons, this could also be a cause of your problem

I have two add ons.

it JUST happened to me on chrome may i ask which gpu/drivers are you using?

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

is there repair/reset button in firefox?

No. Because it's just as easy to reinstall.... @Samdb just uninstall and reinstall a slightly older version of Firefox

I am good at computer

Spoiler

it JUST happened to me on chrome may i ask which gpu/drivers are you using?

Catalyst 13.4, these drivers are terrible and crash every single day. Do you think it's the cause?

Minimalist, are you using an AMD GPU mayhaps?  There is a bug related to HW acceleration in Firefox with newer series cards.  I had the same issue with a 7870.  Turn hardware acceleration off then report back.  :)

My PC specifications are in my profile.

I sometimes have problems with browsers when extensions are added; some extensions are incompatible and they conflict

Try uninstalling some extensions one by one and see if that helps. If none of that works, I seriously don't know what is going on.

You could always try Internet Explorer lol.

Compatible with Windows 95

Right, I'll just have to see if it works now.

Catalyst 13.4, these drivers are terrible and crash every single day. Do you think it's the cause?

this started to happen my to with 13.8beta2 after i updated from 13.8beta1 it happened for no reason it appears to be unstable memory overclock but the problem is memory clock is underclocked ...

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18