svchost.exe persistently comes back

So I seem to have caught the svchost.exe virus. I have ended the process, deleted the file, then deleted it from the recycling bin.

I know how to remove it, but it keeps coming back.

Any suggestions on what I should do? Any supplemental files I should delete?

How do you know that it is the svchost virus?

svchost is a legitimate Windows process that allows applications to operate under it's PID.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

I had a problem with svchost too. It used 25% of CPU horsepower and like all of my RAM and PC was unusable, I fixed it, but don't remember how.

there is likely a file in a temp folder on your PC

The way to locate this file, is run MSconfig, and look at what is running at startup...don't look for it to be Svchost,  It's likely to be something completely random looking.

The command line should give it away

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

download Malwarebtyes and find the real problem if there is any.

I dream of 0s and 1s folding to my every command,

algorithms seeping from the back of my head when I need them.

Run TDSKiller. If that doesn't work, it's all in your head.

idk dude, i downloaded that same program once. It didn't do anything, but cause a headache to remove

I dream of 0s and 1s folding to my every command,

algorithms seeping from the back of my head when I need them.

SVCHost is the Microsoft Service Host. It allows services to do stuff without making their own exe. If you deleted svchost, windows will either repair it or break (Unless it wasn't in System32 or SysWOW64, in which case it was probably a virus). Check your services for anything dodgy looking and try stopping some of them to see what changes.

HTTP/2 203

SVCHost is the Microsoft Service Host. It allows services to do stuff without making their own exe. If you deleted svchost, windows will either repair it or break (Unless it wasn't in System32 or SysWOW64, in which case it was probably a virus). Check your services for anything dodgy looking and try stopping some of them to see what changes.

There is an infection that mimics it.

idk dude, i downloaded that same program once. It didn't do anything, but cause a headache to remove

It's a breeze to uninstall and it works great. I've used it probably 4000 or so times.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide