Should I wait to get Fallout 4 or get Witcher 3?

ManOfDisguise

With Witcher 3 being only about 22 euros for the GOG version(not Steam) on G2A it looks very tempting. But Fallout will also be amazing. Considering I will only get 1 of the 2 which is a better buy? Even though the world of Witcher 3 is divided into zones which I don't like I hear it's huge, I don't know how Fallout 4 will compare size-wise however I would expect it to be maybe around the world of Skyrim in size? So smaller than Witcher 3? But I think Fallout will have more stuff to do than Witcher 3. 

Which is more worth the money?

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

Fallout 4, I got bored with Witcher 3 after about 40-50hrs.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

I'll probably sound like a fanboy but get The Witcher 3. It's probably the best game of the decade if you like RPGs. Buy Fallout 4 at a later stage, since we don't know whether Bethesda will screw something up.

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

I'll probably sound like a fanboy but get The Witcher 3. It's probably the best game of the decade if you like RPGs. Buy Fallout 4 at a later stage, since we don't know whether Bethesda will screw something up.

Bethesda are one of the very few devs I would trust on not screwing up much, except maybe som bugs on launch

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

And you know you wont get bored by Fallot 4 after such a long play time?

Witcher 3 is definitely good game and if you want to play right away just get Witcher 3. There is a ton of gameplay and it is definitely worth the money. Which I cant say about Fallout 3 as I havent played it yet.

I'd say that's a good run for a single player game.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

And you know you wont get bored by Fallot 4 after such a long play time?

Witcher 3 is definitely good game and if you want to play right away just get Witcher 3. There is a ton of gameplay and it is definitely worth the money. Which I cant say about Fallout 3 as I havent played it yet.

Do you go to a restaurant you frequent not expecting to enjoy the meal?

The same people made Fallout 4, that made arguably the best game of all time. Seriously.

I'd say that's a good run for a single player game. :lol: :lol: :lol:

For me that's not even an intro LOL, I've put months of play time is some games.

I'd say Witcher 3, though I really love the Fallout franchise. The thing with Bethesda Game Studios is that they're almost guaranteed to need patches, Skyrim and Fallout 3 had the same fate.

Asus B85M-G / Intel i5-4670 / Sapphire 290X Tri-X / 16GB RAM (Corsair Value 1x8GB + Crucial 2x4GB) @1333MHz / Coolermaster B600 (600W) / Be Quiet! Silent Base 800 / Adata SP900 128GB SSD & WD Green 2TB & SG Barracuda 1TB / Dell AT-101W / Logitech G502 / Acer G226HQL & X-Star DP2710LED

Do you go to a restaurant you frequent not expecting to enjoy the meal?

The same people made Fallout 4, that made arguably the best game of all time. Seriously.

I am not really big fan of Fallout though I see why people like it and it is hard to recommend potentialy good game that is not out yet when comparing it to very good game that is out yet.

And yes I do expect food in most restaurants to not taste well... especialy soup.

Bethesda are one of the very few devs I would trust on not screwing up much, except maybe som bugs on launch

Did you like the previous Fallout games? If so, then get Fallout 4, but it's better to wait for reviews first imo.

Witcher 3 has a really strong story and characters. The world is divided into separate regions which for some doesn't count as open world but the zones are pretty big. On the other hand, Fallout is more sandbox oriented and I never really enjoyed the previous games as I found their story boring. It all comes down to your preference.

Do you want a game with fantastic story, characters and good gameplay and graphics - pick The Witcher 3.

Do you like real open world sandbox games with great gameplay, which you can mod later and get more play time from it, but probably a lacking story - buy Fallout 4.

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

I am not really big fan of Fallout though I see why people like it and it is hard to recommend potentialy good game that is not out yet when comparing it to very good game that is out yet.

And yes I do expect food in most restaurants to not taste well... especialy soup.

Understandable, my issue with Witcher is you get every you need within 10hours of play, even if you ramp up the difficulty it's still way too easy. Then there's the absolutely useless potions and oils. No ability to make your own weapons, everything has to be made by a smith. Witcher goes out of its way to remove you from the experience. The game is beautiful though, and has the best horse mechanism of any game ever made.

Understandable, my issue with Witcher is you get every you need within 10hours of play, even if you ramp up the difficulty it's still way too easy. Then there's the absolutely useless potions and oils. No ability to make your own weapons, everything has to be made by a smith. Witcher goes out of its way to remove you from the experience. The game is beautiful though, and has the best horse mechanism of any game ever made.

I play the highest difficulty and I focused on potions and elixirs and they are far from useless. They are way too overpowered in my opinion. I can have swallow active for 3 minutes and when I combine it with some elixirs that grants me free quen whenever I am about to get killed and it lasts over 2 hours I am basicaly unstopable. Not to mention that my toxicity treshhold is out the roof and I can drink 3 elixirs (quen, life leech, critical strike mostly) and still have room for 2 potions.

Alchemy is just weak at start but once you invest enough points in it it becomes overpowered exactly as signs or swords.

Game gets easy then, yes but most RPGs do at this point.

I agree with horse rides. I love fighting from horse.. it is so great.

Ability not to make your own weapons is more lore based than gameplay based. Geralt was not skilled in any way to make his own weapons. I like it that way but I see why some people may not.

Witcher 3 - you'll probably be done with it by January :P

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

I never recommend buying a Bethesda game on launch.  They're just way, way, wayyy too buggy.  You're better off waiting a few months so you can get it on a decent sale, not to mention mods should start cropping up right around then as well.

Witcher 3 is a very solid choice.

CPU: Intel i7 4790k @4.7ghz - RAM: HyperX Savage 16GB DDR3 Memory @2400mhz - GPU: Nvidia GTX 970 3.5GB @1500mhz - Mobo: Gigabyte Gaming 7 Z97 - Storage: Win10 on 240GB HyperX Predator m.2 SSD, - Ubuntu w/ Gnome 3 on 80GB OCZ Vertex 3 - 500GB Samsung 850 Evo Game Installs - 5TB mass storage - Monitor: 21:9 3440x1440 LG 34UM95 - PSU: Corsair RM 750w - Case: Silverstone FT01 - Cooling: Custom Water Loop

With Witcher 3 being only about 22 euros for the GOG version(not Steam) on G2A it looks very tempting. But Fallout will also be amazing. Considering I will only get 1 of the 2 which is a better buy? Even though the world of Witcher 3 is divided into zones which I don't like I hear it's huge, I don't know how Fallout 4 will compare size-wise however I would expect it to be maybe around the world of Skyrim in size? So smaller than Witcher 3? But I think Fallout will have more stuff to do than Witcher 3. 

Which is more worth the money?

While I personally think each of Fallout 1, 2, 3, and New Vegas is better than Witcher 3, and I have no doubt I'll like Fallout 4 better too, I'd take Witcher 3 because it's out and because Fallout 4 might be best experienced say in January after it has had a couple of months worth of patching. A big RPG like Fallout is always really buggy at launch, hell Witcher 3 was too. And Witcher 3 is an awesome game if you're into action RPGs. Witcher 3 is an enormous game, way bigger than any of the previous Fallouts (though I haven't finished New Vegas yet). Witcher 3 looks amazing if you have the hardware to run it well, and an FX-8350 plays it very well according to the GameGPU benchmark. It's really punishing on GPUs though, you're probably going to want to run it at a hybrid of medium to high to be around 60 fps most of the time. Strangely enough this game uses very little vram, my 970 was always between 1.1 GB to 1.8 GB usage.

I never recommend buying a Bethesda game on launch.  They're just way, way, wayyy too buggy.  You're better off waiting a few months so you can get it on a decent sale, not to mention mods should start cropping up right around then as well.

I just think any RPG as ambitious as Elder Scrolls or Fallout is really buggy at launch. The first two Fallout games made by Intelplay are extremely buggy without patches. I can't think of many recent large RPGs that weren't really buggy at launch. Witcher 3 was really bad, Dragon Age Inquisition was worse. Large RPGs just have so much content that can't get tested by QA teams of a couple hundred people even working 80 hours a week when they're getting new builds they have to start over every 3-4 days.

LOL! Where were you when Witcher 3 launched? THAT, was a buggy mess. I had capture on my PS4 of swimming through the city because the game glitch and thought the world had flooded. Great post, +1 would read again.

LOL! Where were you when Witcher 3 launched? THAT, was a buggy mess. I had capture on my PS4 of swimming through the city because the game glitch and thought the world had flooded. Great post, +1 would read again.

I was playing Witcher 3.  I never experienced most of the glitches everyone was complaining about from launch and the game felt 10 times more polished than a Bethesda game feels 5 years later with mods. although one of the DLCs did completely break the game for me until it was patched a month later...

CPU: Intel i7 4790k @4.7ghz - RAM: HyperX Savage 16GB DDR3 Memory @2400mhz - GPU: Nvidia GTX 970 3.5GB @1500mhz - Mobo: Gigabyte Gaming 7 Z97 - Storage: Win10 on 240GB HyperX Predator m.2 SSD, - Ubuntu w/ Gnome 3 on 80GB OCZ Vertex 3 - 500GB Samsung 850 Evo Game Installs - 5TB mass storage - Monitor: 21:9 3440x1440 LG 34UM95 - PSU: Corsair RM 750w - Case: Silverstone FT01 - Cooling: Custom Water Loop

Witcher 3 is a real decent game I must say. You will enjoy it, but if you want to compare with other games? That I can not answer because everyone has his favorate

CPU:Intel Core i7-5930K @4.5GGPU: 2 of MSI R9 390X GAMING 8G Graphics Card crossfire   Mobo:ASUS TUF SABERTOOTH X99    Ram:Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 DRAM 2666MHz  SSD:2 of Samsung 850 Pro 512GB WatercoolerCorsair Hydro Series H100i GTX  CaseCorsair Graphite Series 780T   PSU: EVGA 1000 P2  80+platinum  Keyboard:Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB black Monitor: LG277MU67 4K IPS FREESYNC

Probably will get some hate for this, but get the Witcher 3. It was such a fantastic game I doubt Fallout 4 will be nearly as good.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

I was playing Witcher 3.  I never experienced most of the glitches everyone was complaining about from launch and the game felt 10 times more polished than a Bethesda game feels 5 years later with mods. although one of the DLCs did completely break the game for me until it was patched a month later...

Same here, I played the game at launch and it was pretty bug free for me. Especially compared to most other things released in the last few years....

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

Wait for Fallout 4 reviews to get released, then make your decision.

CPU: Intel i5 3550           | Cooler: Corsair A50          | Motherboard: Asus P8Z77      | Storage: Crucial MX200 250GB |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB   | GPU: GTX 1650                | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)  | PSU: EVGA 650W G2            |

I would say go for Witcher 3 and 6 months later get Fallout 4 game of the year edition because most Bethesda games are very buggy on release date

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013).