What is the native dpi of the corsair M95?

Slater

Hey there everyone, just been trying to figure out what the native dpi of my Corsair M95 is since i've read that using dpi's other than native can introduce interpolation and whatnot. I tried to find out what the native DPI is but couldn't find anything, the only thing i found was a thread on overclock.net which listed what sensors different mice used. (http://www.overclock.net/t/854100/gaming-mouse-sensor-list)

The corsair m95 apparently uses an A9800 sensor which i have no clue what that is, i'm assuming its an Avago ADNS-9800 sensor?

Any help would  be appreciated :)

Blue Nebula = CPU: Intel i7 4770K @Stock || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 || RAM: 16GB 1600Mhz Corsair Vengeance LP || GPU: EVGA GTX 780Ti Superclocked @Stock || Mobo: Asus ROG Maximus VI Hero || SSD: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro || HDD: 4x2TB WD Black in Raid10 || PSU: Corsair AX1200i || Case: Coolermaster HAF 932 Advanced || Keyboard: Corsair K70 (MX Blues) || Mouse: Corsair M95 || Mousepad: Razer Goliathus 2013 Extended Speed || Monitors: Eizo Foris FS2333 + Old Samsung monitor || Headset: Beyerdynamic MMX2 || =>My Youtube Gaming Channel<= || =>My Twitch.tv Channel<=

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Hmm so was i misunderstanding what "native dpi" is? Is native dpi just the dpi that it is advertised as being capable of working up to? Or is native dpi the step(s) of dpi that it performs best at.

With my current understanding, i thought that if a mouse has a native dpi of 800 then all multiples of 800 would be native vs something like 2500. Could someone clear that up for me?

Blue Nebula = CPU: Intel i7 4770K @Stock || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 || RAM: 16GB 1600Mhz Corsair Vengeance LP || GPU: EVGA GTX 780Ti Superclocked @Stock || Mobo: Asus ROG Maximus VI Hero || SSD: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro || HDD: 4x2TB WD Black in Raid10 || PSU: Corsair AX1200i || Case: Coolermaster HAF 932 Advanced || Keyboard: Corsair K70 (MX Blues) || Mouse: Corsair M95 || Mousepad: Razer Goliathus 2013 Extended Speed || Monitors: Eizo Foris FS2333 + Old Samsung monitor || Headset: Beyerdynamic MMX2 || =>My Youtube Gaming Channel<= || =>My Twitch.tv Channel<=

Hmm so was i misunderstanding what "native dpi" is? Is native dpi just the dpi that it is advertised as being capable of working up to? Or is native dpi the step(s) of dpi that it performs best at.

To put it simply. it is what the Sensor is capable of without resorting to trickery or MCU calculations, if certain steps work better than others, is another topic.

To put it simply. it is what the Sensor is capable of without resorting to trickery or MCU calculations, if certain steps work better than others, is another topic.

Ok so in regards to your previous response are you basically saying that any multiple of 800 is "native" on the M95 with no additional trickery or anything like that?