Two fans on one motherboard header?

Can you plug in two fans to one header with a splitter and if so will both fans run at 50% power or will they both run at full 12v?

My System Specs: (Short list) i7 4770k, GTX 780, many SSD's, a 2 TB HDD(deceased :( ), Corsair 650D. Full list: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/kchriz6097/saved/8dh7YJ

Upgrade Plan: Acquire some Black Noctuas then add 16 or 32GB of 2133MHz memory

Like science for children.

Parallel and Series Circuit.

Make sure you check the Watts supported by the header and then the watts required by the fans. As long as the draws of the fans don't exceed the header, then you should be ok.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Like science for children.

Parallel and Series Circuit.

Not helpful at all...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Make sure you check the Watts supported by the header and then the watts required by the fans. As long as the draws of the fans don't exceed the header' date=' then you should be ok.[/quote']

I agree,, make sure the watts provided to any of the Fan headers is at 10 i think.

is it a 3 pin header or a 4 pin? I know for sure that two fans wired in parallel would work at 100% speed or whatever speed they are set at in a 3 pin header. however if it is that you just want your fans to run at 50% speed then you can wire them in series this would divide the voltage among the two fans.

look hear for explanation of series and parallel ( subwoofers, fans all the same, both provide air :D)

(1) high frame rate (2) ultra graphics settings (3) cheap...>> choose only two<<...

if it's never been done then i'm probably tryna do it. (((((((Bass so low it HERTZ)))))))

is it a 3 pin header or a 4 pin? I know for sure that two fans wired in parallel would work at 100% speed or whatever speed they are set at in a 3 pin header. however if it is that you just want your fans to run at 50% speed then you can wire them in series this would divide the voltage among the two fans.

look hear for explanation of series and parallel ( subwoofers, fans all the same, both provide air :D)

http://www.bcae1.com/spkrmlti.htm forgot the link lol

(1) high frame rate (2) ultra graphics settings (3) cheap...>> choose only two<<...

if it's never been done then i'm probably tryna do it. (((((((Bass so low it HERTZ)))))))