[Build Log] Project Circuit - Watercooled Define S

MadPolygon

It does indeed ;).

I also tested polishing my acrylic parts a bit, starting with the pump top. But I have to do that again as I noticed after polishing with paste that I didn't use the 2000 grit long enough as there were still some marks from the lower grit visible. Man this is going to be time consuming -_-.

How big are the jumps in grit of the sandpaper you are using? (Ex. 500, 800, 1000, etc.)

I like good humans and good food

On one side of the pump top I used 600 (to get rid of some deeper scratches), 1000, 2000. I would have used 1500 in between but my local store didn't have that. For the other sides I'm gonna start with 1000.

• 1 month later...

Awww yess xD, look what was in the mail today:

P1100542.JPG

I was waiting quite some time for it, but the waterblock is finally here.

To fit the backplate back on I propably need some longer screws, but I'm gonna solve that the next couple days.

Later I'm gonna run a leak test to see if everything is ok and working.

I think I'll install the new case feet too.

Now that I have every component, I can start planning my loop more precisely and measure every tubing run between components.

On 26. 8. 2016 at 4:51 PM, MadPolygon said:

-snip-

Looks great! Haven't heard of Liquid Extasy before tho. You should update 1st post too now that you have the block on hand.

16 hours ago, Snooli said:

Looks great! Haven't heard of Liquid Extasy before tho. You should update 1st post too now that you have the block on hand.

Yeah it's a small company. Can't wait to see how it performs. Thanks for the reminder :) 

4 hours ago, smicha said:

I love your photo shoot! Very creative.

Glad you like it xD. There's still a lot of roo for improvement though.

Hope I can post an update this evening.

Time for a update xD

Simple test loop to check the gpu block

P1100544.jpg

Installed the new case feet. 

P1100551.jpg

The Cover for the rear of the case is finished. Well almost,still need to make the cutout for the fan.

P1100545.jpg P1100555.jpgP1100556.jpg

The layout for the loop is pretty much final too. But if you have some brilliant idea, let me hear ;)

P1100558.jpg

Today I'm gonna start sleeving the important cables. To get started I already sleeved all the Sata data cables yesterday and I'm happy about the quality of the sleeve as well as my work :).

For the 24-pin and both 8-pin cables I'm using the following design

24pin.PNG  2x8pin.png

Further I was able to fit the backplate back onto the graphics card with some longer screws. Still have to remove those ugly stickers, but I think it's already looking better.

P1100560.jpg

I replaced all green o-rings of the fittings with black ones and used some pipe cleaners to visualize the layout of the loop a bit better.

P1100559.jpg

It looks amazing. Makes me really want to finish my build.

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

Most of the cables are now sleeved. Only one SATA power cable and the front i/o cables still need to be done.

I didn't took many photos of the actual sleeving process, because it's rather monotone and pretty much the same thing over and over again, but here are a few.

P1100563.jpg P1100564.jpg P1100565.jpg

All cables together. For the 24-Pin I only made an extension, becuase I didn't want to open the PSU. All the other cables are sleeved right up to the power supply. The double molex cable was propably the most annoying one, everything else was relatively easy and you got better and faster with every cable you did.

P1100566.jpg P1100567.jpg

A closer look at the 24-Pin

P1100568.jpg P1100570.jpg

nice!!

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

Got some new pictures for you :).

Finished drilling all holes for the pass-through fittings, pump and reservoir. Took quite some time to measure everything out so it will fit. Really liked the drilling template EKWB shipped with the pump mount.

P1100572.jpg P1100605.jpg P1100606.jpg P1100614.jpg P1100615.jpg P1100617.jpg

Then it was time to start doing my first bends. Nothing special, they're all just single or double 90° bends. So far I like the results, only the front ( connection from pump to radiator and drain valve) doesn't convince me 100%, but I haven't found a better solution so far.

P1100620.jpg P1100628.jpg P1100629.jpg P1100616.jpg

Also did some details like removing the ugly stickers from the ram and cutting two cable holes in the case for the SSDs (painted the cut edge later on)

P1100619.jpg P1100612.jpg

I hope I can finish the remaining bends tomorrow and start leak testing :D

I finished all tubes and changed the connection from the pump to the rad in the front.

P1100648.jpg P1100651.jpg

Before running the first test I polished the cpu block a bit. It's not perfect, but still alot better than before.

P1100641.jpg P1100643.jpg P1100645.jpg

After that I tested the loop for a few hours without leaks so far. I'll continue tomorrow , but so far it looks good. Also added some dye.

P1100657.jpg P1100658.jpg