Lenovo is considering launching Baikal-T1 based PCs in Russia, CIS and Eastern Europe

Lenovo seeks the possibility to start making products with Russian processors by "Baikal Electronics", says Gleb Mishin, Russian CEO of Lenovo in Russia, CIS and Eastern Europe

As Gleb Mishin explained, it comes to Lenovo PCs and mobile devices, but the details and the timing of deliveries he refused to name. According to the Lenovo, use of "Baikal" processors will help Chinese companies to compete in the market of public customers.

A pilot batch of "Baikal-T1" processors with 1.2 GHz clock frequency was released in May 2015. Chip includes such interfaces as SoCs include ten-gigabit and two gigabit Ethernet ports, which makes the "Baikal-T1" optimal solution, including for the production of network equipment.

Original: https://nplus1.ru/news/2015/09/15/lenovo-baikal (It is in Russian, the text in this post is translated with the most accuracy I could provide)

if we could get more competion in the CPU market that would be wonderful. if this is a low power chip with support for that crazy networking stuff, thatd be sick for a second machine

If the price will remain the same there is no point in that cpu. Budget for electronics is 30-50% smaller than in equivalent UK or US.

EVGA SR-2 / 2x Intel Xeon X5675 4.4Ghz OC / 24GB EEC 1800Mhz OC/ AMD RX570 / Enermax Evoliution 1050W / Main RAID 0: 2x256GB 840EVO SSD / BackUp(1) Raid 5: 3x2TB WD HDD / BackUp(2) 8x2TB / Dell U2412M / Dell U2312HM

i would love to buy a board from them

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

if we could get more competion in the CPU market that would be wonderful. if this is a low power chip with support for that crazy networking stuff, thatd be sick for a second machine

Its made on 65/90nm tech and not very powerful iirc. plus its not even near x86. it poses no threat to the intel monopoly

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Its made on 65/90nm tech and not very powerful iirc. plus its not even near x86. it poses no threat to the intel monopoly

It's 28nm. I agree on the rest, though. It's not really made for PCs, more for embedded stuff and networking.

I read this as Bankai based, even though not watching bleach in years

For the right price something like this would be great for pfsense provided it gets dev'd for.