Best LGA 2011 board?

I've been looking at the asrock extreme11 board and I was pretty fond of it. However some reviews say it's not necessarily the fastest board out there so I'm not sure whether to buy it or not. I've been looking at this board too: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131971

and i'm not sure how it compares to the asrock. I'm gonna be running to gtx 780s, a 3930k, and a xonar phoebus, at the moment. I may do some upgrades to it in the future if need be, that;s why I  like so many pci slots: it's the most future proof. 

For a gaming/workstation oriented board are there any recommendations? should I stick with the asrock or something else? If it helps i'm going to be gaming in 5760x1080 and do editing, cadding, coding, etc. (but not at an uber proffesional level).

Thanks for any input! :D 

For all the falsely accused: message me and we can decide how to right all the wrongs that happened to you!

I'm looking at the major corporations, the lying online communities, the government that protects us...

We are HUMANS, not robotic slaves! 

Yeah definitely the Rampage IV Extreme! Never had a single problem with mine. However the Asrock Extreme11 is a good option too, though many say that the fan on the cipset cooler is loud. 

Intel 3930K @ 4,4ghz | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | Corsair Dominator GT 16gb | EVGA GTX 680 Classified | Asus Xonar Xense | Corsair HX 1050 | Corsair H100i | Corsair Force 3 120gb | Western Digital 2tb Black |

5*

IV = 4

V = 5

VI = 6

Intel 3930K @ 4,4ghz | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | Corsair Dominator GT 16gb | EVGA GTX 680 Classified | Asus Xonar Xense | Corsair HX 1050 | Corsair H100i | Corsair Force 3 120gb | Western Digital 2tb Black |

AsRock Extreme 11, if you watercool it, the fan is annoying

Otherwise Rampage 4 Extreme

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

ASUS Rampage IV Extreme or GIGABYTE G1.ASSASSIN2 They're both really good! :)

"...The closer you get to something, the tougher it is to see it..."

Yeah definitely the Rampage IV Extreme! Never had a single problem with mine. However the Asrock Extreme11 is a good option too, though many say that the fan on the cipset cooler is loud. 

LOL sound doesn't mean a thing to me XD. so many replies...so fast. Probably the best site for anything tech related! :D 

For all the falsely accused: message me and we can decide how to right all the wrongs that happened to you!

I'm looking at the major corporations, the lying online communities, the government that protects us...

Hmm, but for the people saying the asrock is good, some reviews say that it just fails to handle all the pci slots. Of course we can all sleep easier knowing that we have all these expansion ports available but I don't want to sacrifice futureproofing for speed. I'm looking at the Asus rampage IV extreme and the evga x79 dark as the two big competitors to the asrock mobo. Are these two boards any better performing (in the real world) than the asrock? Or should I be safe going with the extreme 11 and game and design with ease? Thanks so much for the replies, really helps getting other badasses to help a brother out XD 

X79 boards seem to be an issue all over. When I replaced my Intel DX79SI because of multiple issues I had to do a bunch of research because I didnt want problems again. The only companies I found that had proper fully working X79 boards were ASUS and ASRock. Thing is in the mid tier X79 ASRock seems to think I value PCI over PCI-E. Like when you would put a gfx card in it would cover a PCI-E not a PCI and I needed those PCI-E. My budget was $300 and the only board that fit my needs was the Sabertooth X79 thing it it was 330$ but the next day newegg had a sale and a $40 promo code for it so I picked it up and am very happy with it and have had zero problems with anything.

One other thing EVGA has the most problems of anyone with X79. Dont buy anyone of theres except the dark whock is a 100% redone board their even allowing the people that jad the old ones to upgrade to them.

X79 boards seem to be an issue all over. When I replaced my Intel DX79SI because of multiple issues I had to do a bunch of research because I didnt want problems again. The only companies I found that had proper fully working X79 boards were ASUS and ASRock. Thing is in the mid tier X79 ASRock seems to think I value PCI over PCI-E. Like when you would put a gfx card in it would cover a PCI-E not a PCI and I needed those PCI-E. My budget was $300 and the only board that fit my needs was the Sabertooth X79 thing it it was 330$ but the next day newegg had a sale and a $40 promo code for it so I picked it up and am very happy with it and have had zero problems with anything. One other thing EVGA has the most problems of anyone with X79. Dont buy anyone of theres except the dark whock is a 100% redone board their even allowing the people that jad the old ones to upgrade to them.

I'm putting my soundcard between my two gpus (i'll try to see how the airflow is). But I like Asrock as a company. They have yet to fail me with one of their products, but this is there highest end board so I'm not sure if they had to compromise somethings to fit everything in the PCB. The EVGA dark looks good as well, a port for the sound card, and enough to put stuff in later. Albeit I never buy anything from EVGA besides a GPU; I agree with your statement about ASUS and Asrock being kings of the X79. Thanks for the reply :D 

I've been looking at the asrock extreme11 board and I was pretty fond of it. However some reviews say it's not necessarily the fastest board out there so I'm not sure whether to buy it or not. I've been looking at this board too: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131971

and i'm not sure how it compares to the asrock. I'm gonna be running to gtx 780s, a 3930k, and a xonar phoebus, at the moment. I may do some upgrades to it in the future if need be, that;s why I  like so many pci slots: it's the most future proof. 

For a gaming/workstation oriented board are there any recommendations? should I stick with the asrock or something else? If it helps i'm going to be gaming in 5760x1080 and do editing, cadding, coding, etc. (but not at an uber proffesional level).

Thanks for any input! :D

That is the best board for 24 hour operation and multi GPU, not to sure about the overclocking prowess of it though.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

Using the Asus sabertooth x79 myself and have not had a single problem with it. Having my 3820 OC to 4.75Ghz 24/7, stable as a rock! From my experince I will recommend this board.

Harr, darr and a couple of....... plastic earings?

LTC Wallet: LMiWdifKAN546FjyRspfhmfBWidyRPeEUK

For gaming, Rampage IV Extreme; For Workstation use, P9X79-E WS....

For gaming, Rampage IV Extreme; For Workstation use, P9X79-E WS....

But I want an inbetween, which the asrock looks to be the best. 

But I want an inbetween, which the asrock looks to be the best. 

The problem with the asrock board is the bios and compatibility issues. As you can see from the reviews of extreme 11 on newegg,it may take you a lot of time to find the working parts,and the support from Asrock is not that good. The board looks good on paper, but you may spend a lot of time on making it work.

Simply if you want to overclock your cpu, get the R4E; if not, take the p9x79-e ws..... 

Wait for the x99 chipset?

But EVGA's dark mobo looks nice.
so wait like 1.5years after ivy-e launches?

Also yes it look quite nice. Thei old ones looked nice as well very minimalist. it just sucks that they worked like crap.

I'm putting my soundcard between my two gpus (i'll try to see how the airflow is). But I like Asrock as a company. They have yet to fail me with one of their products, but this is there highest end board so I'm not sure if they had to compromise somethings to fit everything in the PCB. The EVGA dark looks good as well, a port for the sound card, and enough to put stuff in later. Albeit I never buy anything from EVGA besides a GPU; I agree with your statement about ASUS and Asrock being kings of the X79. Thanks for the reply :D

I have a sound card between mine but they have blower coolers. Also I think the purposly made the main card just dhort enough to not interfere anyway even though it wouldnt matter much.

I wouldnt say their the kings even though I really like my Sabertooth X79 compared to my old DX79SI, their more like the only comapnies that put out fully working properly engineered boards (until thr EVGA DARK). Also my comments on the ASRock boards only come from reading reviews and user reviews, o and observations like their stupid use of PCI slots in all the wrong places.