Hackers can hack remotely into Jeep Cherokee. Can turn off brakes, engine and a lot more.

Overl0rd

http://www.wired.com/2015/07/hackers-remotely-kill-jeep-highway/

Charlie Miller and Chris Valasek from St. Louis have been able to hack into a Jeep Cherokee's electronic systems and can, using cellulair connection, operate various things such as the brakes, engine, stereo etc. Basically anthing that is controlled via the onboard computer can be manipulated by them.

This is not the first time they've done this, but now they can do it wirelessly as well.

With cars becoming relying more and more on their onboard computer systems and having integrated celluair systems, this is only likely to be the start.

There's a time and place for everything! But not now. - Professor Oak

i7 2600K 4.3GHz  -  GTX 1060 3GB  - ASUS P8Z68-V - 16GB DDR3-1600 CL9 - EIZO 1080p 120Hz VA

Intel Skulltrail: 2x Core 2 Quad QX9775 - Intel D5400XS - 16GB FB DDR2-800 CL5 Quad Channel

EVGA SR-2 Classified - 2x Xeon X5675 4.2GHz - 24GB DDR3-1830 C10 Triple Channel

Intel Skulltrail #2: 2x Xeon E5472  - Intel D5400XS - 16GB FB DDR2-667 CL5 Quad Channel

Damn my apologies, this has been posted I see.

There's a time and place for everything! But not now. - Professor Oak

i7 2600K 4.3GHz  -  GTX 1060 3GB  - ASUS P8Z68-V - 16GB DDR3-1600 CL9 - EIZO 1080p 120Hz VA

Intel Skulltrail: 2x Core 2 Quad QX9775 - Intel D5400XS - 16GB FB DDR2-800 CL5 Quad Channel

EVGA SR-2 Classified - 2x Xeon X5675 4.2GHz - 24GB DDR3-1830 C10 Triple Channel

Intel Skulltrail #2: 2x Xeon E5472  - Intel D5400XS - 16GB FB DDR2-667 CL5 Quad Channel

I know what car I won't buy.

|Intel Core i5-4670K| |Gigabyte Z97P-D3| |Seagate 1TB SSHD| |Fractal Design Define S| |Corsair CS650M| |Asus PB278Q| |Cooler Master CM Storm Devastator Bundle|

It was going to happen eventually. With every dumbfuck and his granddad trying to do a self driving car by making it communicate with other vehicles the situation is not going to improve. Potentially dangerous machines should not be able to connect to anything, if at all possible.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

Jeep... who buys Jeeps anyway?

I once had one of these, now I've got this.

It was going to happen eventually. With every dumbfuck and his granddad trying to do a self driving car by making it communicate with other vehicles the situation is not going to improve. Potentially dangerous machines should not be able to connect to anything, if at all possible.

Erm no this comes from a vulnerability in the implementation of the entertainment system, if you'd read beyond the headline. Nothing to do with self driving cars whatsoever.

Still, a car should never be able to connect to the Internet.