How was your pc building experience?

Ghost

This is something that I didn't notice until like a year after building. I had a USB 3.0 header that I plugged into the motherboard wrong. I used too much force at an awkward angle and unknowingly bent one of the pins. I find out later that this pin is why it wouldn't go in all the way.

Anyway, I tried to copy a movie on to a USB drive with the 3.0 slot on my case causing my computer to lock up and crash itself. After this, it crashed once or twice every week. Then I realized that it had electrical problems. I figured out that it was the header, bent the pin back into place with a pair of needlenoses and it was fixed! 

Forgot to put my RAM in, sat there crossed legged infront of my PC, on the floor, with my RAM sticks in my hand, forgot i even had them, for about an hour, got so annoyed i put my head in my hands, and noticed i had it in my hands, i just put them down and went to bed.. lost faith in myself..

Not really a mistake but feel like its common with first builds: Not pushing cables completely in! So many times I tried to plug some cable in and it would be tough to push it so I'd stop. You double check and know its the right way up and finally go full force until it clicks. You're afraid you broke it but it WORKS!. Second build and on, you give NO FUCKS and plug everything in without a care! :D

On potential mistake I made was plugging the power cable into my GPU. There were two ports but I only plugged in one. I stayed there looking at it knowing something was off for a good 30 minutes after finishing. Then spent a +1hr looking on forums to realize I needed to plug power into both ports and noticed I have the wrong cable in the first place. BUT, since I fixed it before I powered it up I won't count it :P

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)

My computer just didn't want to work with my 780 ti and it would freeze during a game and glitches out on me but the I did a bios update and it solved the issue

My Cheap But Good Rig: I7-3770s, Intel Motherboard (actually made by intel), 16gb DDR3, Nvidia Gtx 1070, 250gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 750gb HDD, Evga 500 BR power supply