Blue screens then can't repair

AustinTheIntern

So i turned on my computer today, and i wanted to open my music folder. It wouldnt open. A few seconds later, applications started crashing and the computer blue screened. Now the system is unable to repair itself via startup repair. Please help/recommend me what to do. I really dont want to reinstall windows and all the drivers..

Thanks for any help.

-Safe mode sends me directly to startup repair

-No system restore because samsung magician disabled it.

My Best 2013 Bitfenix Prodigy Build  Case: Bitfenix Prodigy White | Motherboard: ASRock Z77E-ITX | CPU: Intel i7 3770k | CPU Cooler: H100i | GPU: GTX 690

Fan Controller: Bitfenix Recon | Ram: Patriot IEM 16GB @ 1600mhz | Primary Storage: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | Backup Drives: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | PSU: Seasonic X850

Can you start it up in safe mode?

From F8 to Safe mode?

Nope.

My Best 2013 Bitfenix Prodigy Build  Case: Bitfenix Prodigy White | Motherboard: ASRock Z77E-ITX | CPU: Intel i7 3770k | CPU Cooler: H100i | GPU: GTX 690

Fan Controller: Bitfenix Recon | Ram: Patriot IEM 16GB @ 1600mhz | Primary Storage: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | Backup Drives: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | PSU: Seasonic X850

You have a recovery disc?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

You have a recovery disc?

If you mean the Windows 7 ISO then yes.

Use that to do System Restore if you have that feature enabled.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

I would run a disk check to check the integrity of the windows files using this if system restore doesn't work: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/139810-sfc-scannow-run-command-prompt-boot.html

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Use that to do System Restore if you have that feature enabled.

Samsung magician disabled it for me...f*** my life

Samsung magician disabled it for me...f*** my life

I set mine to Advanced after I messed up my system files and had to do a full wipe because it disabled the backup.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

You can login into mini-xp using HBCD and retrieve the dump file located in your C:\Windows\MEMORY.dmp & C:\Windows\minidump .

Post it here and I'll have a look at it and tell you where to go from there.

While you're at the mini-xp space i would launch the Command prompt a.k.a cmd.exe and run: chkdsk C: /r

Once it finishes I would try and boot normally, a thing to remember though is not interrupt it.

Are there any quick solutions ._.

Sounds to me like possible hard drive failure. Download a bootable HDD tester on another system and run that.

Hiren's boot CD is a good option. Run Seagate's SeaTools from that.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9550, Intel i7-6700HQ, 8GB DDR4, FHD Display, GTX 960M, 256GB Toshiba NVMe SSD, 480GB Kingston V400 SSD

Desktop: CPU: Intel i7-6700K @ 4.5GHZ  GPU:  Zotac GTX1070 AMP! MB: Asus Z170-E  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2400MHz 2x8GB  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100 SSD: 240GB Mushkin Chronos Deluxe  HDD: 3x1.5TB Western Digital Green (Raid 5)  PSU: Corsair HX850W  Case: Fractal Define S  Keyboard: Logitech G710+  Mouse: Logitech G700

Are there any quick solutions ._.

no, the simplest solution would be to back up your data, and re-install windows, I have seen problems similar to yours never come across a solution to fix it...

you could try doing scannow from command line instructions here, you should be able to access command line through the repair menu. and maybe able to fix any broken system files.

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/termss/p/sfc-command-system-file-checker.htm

One other thing i can think of, that you could try is strip the PC down so its only got the GPU, HDD, mouse and Keyboard plugged in. this might help identify a hardware error.

Also run memtest

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

If you have any way of accessing your files (Linux live USB?), upload the contents of C:\Windows\Minidump in a compressed archive to the forum then I (or somebody else) can take a look at your blue screen errors and identify what broke.

HTTP/2 203