Swiftech H320 Coming Soon

The H100i isn't a bad product, but I want a full copper rad, and the pump on the h220 is much more powerful. And since I'm going to be cooling more than just my CPU, the expandability is something I need. Looks like I have no choice but to go full custom.

I didnt mention those for you just more stuff about the patents and possibly what the H220 got pulled.

The H100i isn't a bad product, but I want a full copper rad, and the pump on the h220 is much more powerful. And since I'm going to be cooling more than just my CPU, the expandability is something I need. Looks like I have no choice but to go full custom.

custom is the only way to go. the "expandability" that Swiftech provided was the versatile

use of the pump/coldplate combo and clamp terminated hoses. a simple DDC compact

pump and res combo, CPU water block and whatever rad choice you can fit.

other than metal mixing (inhibitor use) copper/copper-brass construction can offer small

advantages in temperature drops over ally. i haven't seen anything over 20° reported so

i'd call it small.

as to your requirements of CPU/GPU loop in a 600t with a HDD, has been done many

various ways without H320 systems for years now..

360 slim with high than normal fan speeds, 360 + 240 and low rpm fan speeds, 2x 240

rads, 240 + 180, 360 + 180..

airdeano

I didnt mention those for you just more stuff about the patents and possibly what the H220 got pulled.

is exactly why ST H220 was pulled, three important functional ideas of the system (if

removed, the system would not function) which are also why Cool-it and Cooler Master

are getting the same treatment.. pump/coldplate function/design and "internal" system

reservoir.

airdeano

custom is the only way to go. the "expandability" that Swiftech provided was the versatile

use of the pump/coldplate combo and clamp terminated hoses. a simple DDC compact

pump and res combo, CPU water block and whatever rad choice you can fit.

other than metal mixing (inhibitor use) copper/copper-brass construction can offer small

advantages in temperature drops over ally. i haven't seen anything over 20° reported so

i'd call it small.

as to your requirements of CPU/GPU loop in a 600t with a HDD, has been done many

various ways without H320 systems for years now..

360 slim with high than normal fan speeds, 360 + 240 and low rpm fan speeds, 2x 240

rads, 240 + 180, 360 + 180..

airdeano

is exactly why ST H220 was pulled, three important functional ideas of the system (if

removed, the system would not function) which are also why Cool-it and Cooler Master

are getting the same treatment.. pump/coldplate function/design and "internal" system

reservoir.

airdeano

So they patented their idea and not their implementation again o how I love the US Patent system.

So they patented their idea and not their implementation again o how I love the US Patent system.

the implementation is already been issued back in 2000. the refinement and

other substructure of the patent were applied for much earlier than 2004/5. i believe

back in 2010/2011(?) and just released. it takes an amount of time to get a patent.

utility patent (most common) allows one who invents or discovers any composite

material, type of manufacture, new process, machine, or useful improvement of the

latter.

design patent is for anyone who invents a new, original, and ornamental design for

an article of manufacture.

plant patent is for anyone who invents or discovers and asexually reproduces any

distinct and new variety of plant.

the patent system has been laid out too simply and that's why it is so open to

interpretation, scrutiny, and law because of simple categorization.

Asetek owns the design aspect (which is direct, no grey-area) and the utility as

well to cover the actual design and any interpretations of the utility. that's why they

are similar in speak, but one is design and the other is utility.

having gone through the Patent Pending and Patent system, it takes a lot of time,

energy, lawyers, and money to truly patent an idea, design or what have you. and

to see someone "claim" or use your idea and receive compensation for it and you

not see a dime is disturbing. knowing sorta what is happening, Asetek is spending

hundreds of thousands of dollars to stop others from infringing on there patents.

a couple are claiming restitution, but still depending on volume of sales they are

really on the losing side, due to the expense, but standing up for their patent rights.

airdeano

the implementation is already been issued back in 2000. the refinement and

other substructure of the patent were applied for much earlier than 2004/5. i believe

back in 2010/2011(?) and just released. it takes an amount of time to get a patent.

utility patent (most common) allows one who invents or discovers any composite

material, type of manufacture, new process, machine, or useful improvement of the

latter.

design patent is for anyone who invents a new, original, and ornamental design for

an article of manufacture.

plant patent is for anyone who invents or discovers and asexually reproduces any

distinct and new variety of plant.

the patent system has been laid out too simply and that's why it is so open to

interpretation, scrutiny, and law because of simple categorization.

Asetek owns the design aspect (which is direct, no grey-area) and the utility as

well to cover the actual design and any interpretations of the utility. that's why they

are similar in speak, but one is design and the other is utility.

having gone through the Patent Pending and Patent system, it takes a lot of time,

energy, lawyers, and money to truly patent an idea, design or what have you. and

to see someone "claim" or use your idea and receive compensation for it and you

not see a dime is disturbing. knowing sorta what is happening, Asetek is spending

hundreds of thousands of dollars to stop others from infringing on there patents.

a couple are claiming restitution, but still depending on volume of sales they are

really on the losing side, due to the expense, but standing up for their patent rights.

airdeano

hmm ok I wonder what was so infringing? Must be in on the inside... Since from the outside their implementation seem fairly different.

So by the end of this their going to have a monopoly on these closed circuit liquid coolers by the end of this. 

hmm ok I wonder what was so infringing? Must be in on the inside... Since from the outside their implementation seem fairly different.

So by the end of this their going to have a monopoly on these closed circuit liquid coolers by the end of this.

That's what I was wondering, what exactly infringed on Asetek's patents. And as you said, It also worries me that Asetek will have a monopoly on closed loop coolers (even though the H220 isn't technically "closed loop"). It'll only stagnate this market, instead of helping to push more innovations and better products. Take Intel and AMD. If Intel didn't have a major competitor like that, I highly doubt we would have seen the same amount of drive to produce better, faster, more efficient products like we have. And with all the bolt in water cooling solutions all being basically the same thing from two companies, it was really nice see something different come into the scene

Intel i7 8700k @ 5.3GHz - Asus Maximus X Hero - 16GB Gskill TridentZ RGB 3200Mhz - EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 - Viotek 27" 1440p 144hz curved- Corsair AX860i - CM H500M - Custom watercooling loop (BlackIce GT 360mm w/ Corsair SP120s in pull) - Swiftech MCP35X Pump - XSPC WaterBlock - Intel 760p 512gb nvme m.2 + [2x] 512GB Samsung 850 Pro SSDs (RAID0) + 512GB Samsung 840 pro + (2) 2TB WD Black + 1TB WD Black + 1TB SCSI WD External for Plex Media Server storage - CM QuickFire TK w/ Cherry MX Blues - Roccat Tyon - VModa Crossfade LP - Klipsche ProMedia 2.1's pushed with a FiiO Andes F07K DAC

yeah, it is all internal. the claims are specific against Swiftech (2 claims of one

patent and 1 of the other)

airdeano

That's what I was wondering, what exactly infringed on Asetek's patents. And as you said, It also worries me that Asetek will have a monopoly on closed loop coolers (even though the H220 isn't technically "closed loop"). It'll only stagnate this market, instead of helping to push more innovations and better products. Take Intel and AMD. If Intel didn't have a major competitor like that, I highly doubt we would have seen the same amount of drive to produce better, faster, more efficient products like we have. And with all the bolt in water cooling solutions all being basically the same thing from two companies, it was really nice see something different come into the scene

the H220/320 is a closed loop system you prolly mean that the H220/320 is not a

"sealed" system (maintenance free) like all the other All-In-One designs.

if you haven't looked/read the story, there are 2 infringements of the '362 patent

and 1 infringement of the '764 patent.

as for the Cooler Master case, Asetek states 19 of the '362 and 14 of the '764

patents are infringed upon and they are looking for complete retribution.

airdeano

yeah, it is all internal. the claims are specific against Swiftech (2 claims of one

patent and 1 of the other)

airdeano

the H220/320 is a closed loop system you prolly mean that the H220/320 is not a

"sealed" system (maintenance free) like all the other All-In-One designs.

if you haven't looked/read the story, there are 2 infringements of the '362 patent

and 1 infringement of the '764 patent.

as for the Cooler Master case, Asetek states 19 of the '362 and 14 of the '764

patents are infringed upon and they are looking for complete retribution.

airdeano

Gotta love the US Paten System lol.

Things like this just end up hurting the consumer though. But, what can we do? wait and hope for the best

Intel i7 8700k @ 5.3GHz - Asus Maximus X Hero - 16GB Gskill TridentZ RGB 3200Mhz - EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 - Viotek 27" 1440p 144hz curved- Corsair AX860i - CM H500M - Custom watercooling loop (BlackIce GT 360mm w/ Corsair SP120s in pull) - Swiftech MCP35X Pump - XSPC WaterBlock - Intel 760p 512gb nvme m.2 + [2x] 512GB Samsung 850 Pro SSDs (RAID0) + 512GB Samsung 840 pro + (2) 2TB WD Black + 1TB WD Black + 1TB SCSI WD External for Plex Media Server storage - CM QuickFire TK w/ Cherry MX Blues - Roccat Tyon - VModa Crossfade LP - Klipsche ProMedia 2.1's pushed with a FiiO Andes F07K DAC

Yes! And it's coming to Canada.

But I have a laptop so it doesn't matter right now.

For the price this is would a thick rad with a water block and a pump be that much more expensive?

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

Gotta love the US Paten System lol.

Things like this just end up hurting the consumer though. But, what can we do? wait and hope for the best

yes, there is no love for the US Patent office and the consumer isn't hurt at all.

come up with an original solution that competes with the Asetek models. there

are other ideas and designs. the ST H220/320 was/is not the end-all of AIO

cooling solutions. and there are competing and custom solutions out there.

waiting never works, makes everything outdated and more expensive to catch up.

airdeano

Yes! And it's coming to Canada.

But I have a laptop so it doesn't matter right now.

For the price this is would a thick rad with a water block and a pump be that much more expensive?

slightly, but mass-produced hardware is always going to be less expensive,

because of quantity. where as most big-branded radiators are not

mass-produced, more-so limited production (unless OEM supplied) for tighter

inventory control and material cost forecasting.

airdeano

Any Idea of how thick the rad will be?

probably the same as the current one

500x1000px-LL-75c14533_HeavyWater.jpeg

There was no modding in that pick there is 3 120 fan mounts in the center of the case, that have the correct spacing 

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790k CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i Chassis/Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2  Motherboard: Asus Z87-Deluxe RAM:  Team Vulcan 2x4Gb(2133Mhz)  Video Card: Asus 7970 Direct CU II Custom Rom (150% Power, 1100 core 6Ghz Memory)  Power Supply: Fractal Integra R2 750 Watt  Keyboard: Cooler Master Quick Fire Rapid (MX Blue Switches)  MouseCorsair M90 Storage: SX900 128Gb, Seagate 1TB 7200RPM, WD Green 1TB 7200RPM   MY OLD BUILDLOG

The Fastest 8350 @5.33Ghz with a score of 9.16pts in Cinebench 11.5

Yeah buddy I can't wait for it already got my pre-order in on NCIX Canada :D So excited 

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790k CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i Chassis/Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2  Motherboard: Asus Z87-Deluxe RAM:  Team Vulcan 2x4Gb(2133Mhz)  Video Card: Asus 7970 Direct CU II Custom Rom (150% Power, 1100 core 6Ghz Memory)  Power Supply: Fractal Integra R2 750 Watt  Keyboard: Cooler Master Quick Fire Rapid (MX Blue Switches)  MouseCorsair M90 Storage: SX900 128Gb, Seagate 1TB 7200RPM, WD Green 1TB 7200RPM   MY OLD BUILDLOG

The Fastest 8350 @5.33Ghz with a score of 9.16pts in Cinebench 11.5

I want. I need. But a lot of cases that are reasonably priced don't support that 

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

• 2 weeks later...

Above is mentioned that Asetek claimed that Swiftech infringed on two patents, one being basically about a reservoir integrated in the pump,and the other about the cold plate design. I find this interesting, because the H220 and Apogee Drive II are both nearly identical, but with pump and fitting differences,and neither has a reservoir in the pump. The H220 reservoir is built into the rad, something they've been doing for a long time. Also, Swiftech already has a patent on the micro pin contact area where the water contacts the cold plate, so unless the cold plate patent is about a different aspect of this, it's a pretty mute argument.

After further reading the previous posts, my cold plate comment is probably tangent and not the application in question. However, if Asetek thinks they own a patent on a reservoir in a watercooling system, they're dreaming. Car radiators have been doing the same thing as the Swiftech rad for over 100 years..