Acer Predator Z35: Curved 35" 21:9 (Probably 3440x1440) Monitor with G-Sync and a 144Hz VA Panel

BiG StroOnZ

That would be nice. But i think its bullshit. CNET usually doesnt care what they are talking about, they just want to spam a lot of news to pretend they are something.

Anyway, 2560x1080 isnt a problem really. As you can DSR it up to 5120x2160 and it will look like what native 1440p would look like - for games.

And a pixelated desktop is only easier to use.

I cannot unfortunately give you any numbers, but I can tell you that you should be positively surprised when the specs and pricing are made public.

- i7 4770k. - Sapphire Vapor-X 290X 8GB. -  OEM MB. - Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz 8GB. - Corsair HX850 Modular 80Plus Gold Certified. - OEM WD 1TB. - OEM Case (Acer). - 3x Asus VS247H

Might I add that current DisplayPort 1.2 has a max effective bandwidth of 17.28Gbit/s. Assuming G-Sync is still only 8-bit per colour:

3440x1440x(8-bit x 3)x144Hz = 17.12Gbit/s

This is very close to the limits of DisplayPort 1.2 and for me makes it improbable that we will see a panel like this till DisplayPort 1.3 starts shipping on graphics cards.

Might I add that current DisplayPort 1.2 has a max effective bandwidth of 17.28Gbit/s. Assuming G-Sync is still only 8-bit per colour:

3440x1440x(8-bit x 3)x144Hz = 17.12Gbit/s

This is very close to the limits of DisplayPort 1.2 and for me makes it improbable that we will see a panel like this till DisplayPort 1.3 starts shipping on graphics cards.

Ye, but really... if 17.12Gbit/s cant be done on cable that advertises 17.28 (and we know gsync uses almost nothing itself), then the Displayport spec is fucking worthless and should be considered a LIE.

Man that thing is vulgar and ugly looking. Why does gaming stuff have to look like Klingon weapons? The 12 year olds, who thinks, that looks good, cannot afford it anyways.

I like their 34" XR341CK a lot better:

hence when i get my tax back I'll be getting a dell one

Its all about those volumetric clouds

I cannot unfortunately give you any numbers, but I can tell you that you should be positively surprised when the specs and pricing are made public.

Hey man. If you are really from Acer, please tell someone over there that the PREDATOR logo all over the front bottom bezel is incredibly ugly.

Sure won't be 3400x1440

CPU : i5 4570 MB : MSI Z87-G41 PC Mate (MS-7850) RAM : Kingston 4x4 1600 GPU : Radeon HD 6670 SSD : samsung 840 PRO PSU : Corsair CX500

I need this.... I already have a 34UM95 guess that will just be a movie monitor now on my media PC once I get this! Cant wait to see reviews of it. I hope it doesnt dissapoint.

| Case:  NZXT H440 White| Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark I| CPU: Intel core i7 4770k | Cooling: NZXT Kraken X60  | Graphics Card: EVGA 780ti Classified| SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250gb and 500gb | HDD: WD Black 2tb| RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16gb| PSU: Corsair RM1000 | Monitor: LG 34UM95| Keyboard: Logitech G15 | Mouse: Razer Mamba| Audio: HyperX Cloud |

is this a different monitor than this one ? 

Yeah

2 different models

The 34 is 75 hz IPS

The 35 is 144z VA? Resolution tbc

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like I'm a little late on this news train, by ima comment anyways :P

Now I just need to win the lottery so I can get 3 of these + 4 Titan Xs to power them xD (And rebuild my system with an 18 core xeon or something like that too)

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Looks like I'm a little late on this news train, by ima comment anyways :P

Now I just need to win the lottery so I can get 3 of these + 4 Titan Xs to power them xD (And rebuild my system with an 18 core xeon or something like that too)

The beauty of 21:9 is that if you get three, then precisely 100% of precisely 66% of them will be wasted.

The beauty of 21:9 is that if you get three, then precisely 100% of precisely 66% of them will be wasted.

Unless I used them vertically :P

#7:9 (21:27)

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

I'm guessing someone already said it, but @LinusTech would probably like this.

The engine roars but then it gives, but never dies

We don't live we just survive

On the scraps that you throw awaaaaaay

• 2 weeks later...

great this will be my next monitor, hopefully 

• 4 weeks later...

1080p = FAIL

Some of us are adults who will do actual work on a monitor, thanks.

System: Ryzen 7 5800X - Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master - Noctua D15S Chromax - 32GB 3600 RAM - EVGA Black 2080Ti

The fact this is 1080p dampens my enthusiasm for it.

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

The fact this is 1080p dampens my enthusiasm for it.

If the price is right, it will be an absolute win.

Id say the price has to be 600$, just like the 34" LG 75hz IPS.

But i heard rumors of this thing being 1200$... acer can go suck a dick if thats true.

• 4 weeks later...

Numbers aside, I didn't see any comments mentioning the terrible ghosting from the last image from the OP. (Maybe it's a GTA feature I don't know about.. like when you drink too much in Oblivion)