Custom Keyboard Builds

Charger

yep at some point I will get around to typing up something that is better then what I have done here for the site lol

I really think that this is a main thing we could do on the site I mean I will eventually run out of PC build logs. :P

i question that at times... lol

Well I need to finish 1 and start 2 after anthrax (posting wise). After that there should be none, maybe Pentium but its looking like I don't have the money for that, especially if I plan to go back to school.

Snip

honestly dude you could make your own forum post out of this and get it pinned in the modding section I think I'm definately now doing far more research and think I may build a keyboard or 10.

I really think that this is a main thing we could do on the site I mean I will eventually run out of PC build logs. :P

Nice site btw Profo 

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas

honestly dude you could make your own forum post out of this and get it pinned in the modding section I think I'm definately now doing far more research and think I may build a keyboard or 10.

Nice site btw Profo

Would not be that for either or both of us. I think that the only weak point would be the programming. Being that I have forgot what I once knew. The enthusiast keyboard community is a rough one be prepared to be out of money quick and regularly.

Thanks it simple but plenty for my uses. Follow it as all my future stuff will go up there first and in more detail. Charger's stuff will very likely be featured there as well.

Would not be that for either or both of us. I think that the only weak point would be the programming. Being that I have forgot what I once knew. The enthusiast keyboard community is a rough one be prepared to be out of money quick and regularly.

Thanks it simple but plenty for my uses. Follow it as all my future stuff will go up there first and in more detail. Charger's stuff will very likely be featured there as well.

Unlike a certain someone we know I'm not a starving artist; "a poor geek is a sad geek" a quote by a rather large man in the tech field (Eli the computer guy)

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas

Unlike a certain someone we know I'm not a starving artist; "a poor geek is a sad geek" a quote by a rather large man in the tech field (Eli the computer guy)

Im not all that well off personally but I make do. Keyboards well the enthusiast custom modding scene anyway will such you dry if you get in too deep.

As in say I have X number of Hobbies and I split the money between them. Oh look here comes mechanical keyboards. First month or so you buy a board, second month you look into customizing it, third month your building one, fourth month youve built 4 or 5 and you dont know when you had time or money to do all of this. You look at you other hobbies which are like a fish gasping for air on dry land. Just go take a look at GH and youll see what I mean. They have a saying about this on GH but I forget what it is.

I happen to have 5 KMACs (6 if you include the KPad) and yet im typing on a Royal Kludge as we speak... <-- Ask @Charger about that

P.S. That is just part of what I have assembled.

Im not all that well off personally but I make do. Keyboards well the enthusiast custom modding scene anyway will such you dry if you get in too deep.

As in say I have X number of Hobbies and I split the money between them. Oh look here comes mechanical keyboards. First month or so you buy a board, second month you look into customizing it, third month your building one, fourth month youve built 4 or 5 and you dont know when you had time or money to do all of this. You look at you other hobbies which are like a fish gasping for air on dry land. Just go take a look at GH and youll see what I mean. They have a saying about this on GH but I forget what it is.

I happen to have 5 KMACs (6 if you include the KPad) and yet im typing on a Royal Kludge as we speak... <-- Ask @Charger about that

P.S. That is just part of what I have assembled.

Yeah I can understand overspending but I'm in a fairly secure monetary situation at the moment and know how to tell when enoughs enough. My family has been known not to have this trait and like a smart man I learned from their mistakes not my own.

@TheProfosist has a few grand in keyboards that need to be put together and a kmac cost about $450 each lol

@TheProfosist has a few grand in keyboards that need to be put together and a kmac cost about $450 each lol

I definately don't plan on going that deep, also do you guys just talk alot or what? I think the two of you know each other better than I know my own mother

I definately don't plan on going that deep, also do you guys just talk alot or what? I think the two of you know each other better than I know my own mother

we have been talking keyboards, anime, gaming and tech for a bit lol

okay then sounds like wonderful topics of conversation; and I know I've made the joke before but whens the marriage?

Yeah I can understand overspending but I'm in a fairly secure monetary situation at the moment and know how to tell when enoughs enough. My family has been known not to have this trait and like a smart man I learned from their mistakes not my own.

Well not overspending (though that has happened) more like all the non vital money shifted what it was being spent in.

I just remembered I forgot about the LZGH again...

I didn't plan on it either. No one on GH planed on it (well maybe not no one). I'm trying to remember that saying it revolves around wallet and there another one about wife.

Na not at all! Come on [emoji14]

okay then sounds like wonderful topics of conversation; and I know I've made the joke before but whens the marriage?

Yep and this reminds me think an IRC channel would work for the website? @Charger

Well not overspending (though that has happened) more like all the non vital money shifted what it was being spent in.

I just remembered I forgot about the LZGH again...

I didn't plan on it either. No one on GH planed on it (well maybe not no one). I'm trying to remember that saying it revolves around wallet and there another one about wife.

Na not at all! Come on [emoji14]

Yep and this reminds me think an IRC channel would work for the website? @Charger

I dont do think in irc channel works for most thing since the mid 2000s lol

I dont do think in irc channel works for most thing since the mid 2000s lol

Lies!

Lies!

last time I was interested in going in an irc room was like 2005 back when I still actively used aim lol probably becuase I used one program for all of the which was gaim or pidgin after aol forced them to change name lol

Snip an army of quotes and retorts

last time I was interested in going in an irc room was like 2005 back when I still actively used aim lol probably becuase I used one program for all of the which was gaim or pidgin after aol forced them to change name lol

Charger big hint to make the ladies happy sometimes you gotta lie and tell them what they wanna hear... Don't stop the marriage...Also Profo I'm still confident in my self control and this for me probably isn't gonna be what I'd call a hobby more like a  One-Off just to get a really nice custom keyboard to my specific tastes and just that one and repairing it if anything ever goes wrong and using that keyboard for the rest of my life mst likely and never building another one unless I get paid or it's a gift for someone who convinces me of it.

Charger big hint to make the ladies happy sometimes you gotta lie and tell them what they wanna hear... Don't stop the marriage...Also Profo I'm still confident in my self control and this for me probably isn't gonna be what I'd call a hobby more like a One-Off just to get a really nice custom keyboard to my specific tastes and just that one and repairing it if anything ever goes wrong and using that keyboard for the rest of my life mst likely and never building another one unless I get paid or it's a gift for someone who convinces me of it.

Dammit, lol

Oh I'm not saying you shouldn't start, just wanted to throughly warn you what you were getting into.

Only reason I'd pick up another custom board at this point would probably be if a new KMAC is released.

Dammit, lol

Oh I'm not saying you shouldn't start, just wanted to throughly warn you what you were getting into.

Only reason I'd pick up another custom board at this point would probably be if a new KMAC is released.

im a little surprised you didnt try and get one of the smallfry 40%

im a little surprised you didnt try and get one of the smallfry 40%

Been over that. Bad layout I wrote that one off at least 2 revisions prior for 40% I was working on. Also that launch after I basically left GH.

Been over that. Bad layout I wrote that one off at least 2 revisions prior for 40% I was working on. Also that launch after I basically left GH.

ya but you could have bought a kit off a web site on that one you didnt need the forum. I dont remember the layout problems you had with it.

ya but you could have bought a kit off a web site on that one you didnt need the forum. I dont remember the layout problems you had with it.

Mostly bottom row if I recall.

Oh also isn't the case stupid simple. There were a number of reasons either way.

Mostly bottom row if I recall.

Oh also isn't the case stupid simple. There were a number of reasons either way.

top plate bottom plate and stand offs so ya simple case but that can be fixed. I cant remember the layout lol

Dammit, lol

Dammit about what?

And thanks for the warning  but I think I'll be okay...

also I just noticed this topic has 7 followers (4 not counting you me or @Charger) so we should probably quit with the spammy spammy if you wish to keep talking I'm always game just PM me or find me on skype or something (PM me if you want details on other ways of getting ahold of me)

Dammit about what?

And thanks for the warning  but I think I'll be okay...

also I just noticed this topic has 7 followers (4 not counting you me or @Charger) so we should probably quit with the spammy spammy if you wish to keep talking I'm always game just PM me or find me on skype or something (PM me if you want details on other ways of getting ahold of me)

The first bit of the post of I quoted.