How much storage do you have?

happy to see i'm not the only one packing 2+ TBs of storage. alot of people asked me why i need so much, so i was curious as to how on par i was with others.

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

3TB. Unlikely to upgrade unless because of failure. For more storage a NAS would make more sense.

PC: 240GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 500GB HDD

Laptop: 128GB SSD

External Drives: 2x1TB

Server: 15.25TB (and need to expand already)

Desktop: 1.2TB (and access to everything on server)

Laptop: 1TB

Nothing special:

3TB internal with HDDs.

620GB internal with SSDs

2GB  RamDisk

4GB Flashdrive

16GB MicroSD

16GB SD

1TB External

In total?

4658GB Unless the math is wrong

About 11TB in total across a few machines.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

A lot.

7 - 6TB WD Red drives in NAS (in a RAIDZ3 config)

1 - 2TB WD Red drive, in desktop for games

1 - 250 GB Crucial M500, boot drive in desktop

1 - 512GB Samsung 840 Pro, not being used right now

Desktop: Intel Core i7-6700K, ASUS Z170-A, ASUS STRIX GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4 RAM, 512 GB Samsund 840 Pro, Seasonic X series 650W PSU, Fractal Design Define R4, 2x5TB HDD

Hypervisor 1: Intel Xeon E5-2630L, ASRock EPC612D8, 16GB DDR4 ECC RAM, Intel RT3WB080 8-port RAID controller plus expansion card, Norco RPC-4020 case, 20x2TB WD Red HDD

Other spare hypervisors: Dell Poweredge 2950, HP Proliant DL380 G5

Laptops: ThinkPads, lots of ThinkPads

4x 250GB SSDs and a 2TB HDD

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600 Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: 32Gb DDR4  GPU(s): MSI 6800-XT Case: NZXT H440 Storage: 4x 250gb SSD + 2TB HDD PSU: Corsair RM850x with CableMod Displays: 1 x Asus ROG Swift And 3 x 24" 1080p Cooling: H100i Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB Sound: AKG 553 Operating System: Windows 10

Current PC: 

http://i.imgur.com/ubYSO3f.jpg          http://i.imgur.com/xhpDcqd.jpg

My local storage:

1x Samsung 840 Evo 250 GB SSD (Boot Drive)

2x 1 TB WD Black

1x 750 GB WD Black

1x 3TB WD Red

Local storage is just various drives I accumulated over time.

Network storage:

12x 6TB WD Red

20qxXgE.png

My NAS was much more deliberate.  12x 6TB drives in a ZFS pool. (Two 6 drive raidz2 vdevs striped together, effectively a software RAID 6+0)