Titan Black The Pockit Rockit.

ALXAndy

With all the attention your bringing to the case it might be gone in a week. Hope they make more, it looks just like my taste, small, slim, minimalist. God saving up is hard

It's worth it. The quality easily sails past Lian Li and that's really saying something.

The only absolute bugger with these types of cases is the PSU is expensive. I paid knocking on £80 for a 500w Strider model and I paid less than that for my bloody 1250w Revolution by Enermax.

Once this form factor settles in and more PSUs come out the prices will no doubt fall, but right now they're pretty painful.

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

So this morning it was time for a dry run. Basically I want to make sure the PSU is working properly before I braid it.

DSC00704_zpsnn5tbiyj.jpg

I used a genuine Windows 7 Professional X86. No point going 64 bit with 4gb ram. I did think about upgrading the ram but tbh? I can't be bothered. It's enough for the gaming I have in mind.

So, all systems go !!

DSC00705_zpszejza61r.jpg

It's now all installed, SP1 and everything else.

Other updates...

I've decided to send the wiring away to Pexon. The PCIE wires are those nasty combined things and I don't think I could make them look nice. 

Last night I took the grill off and marked where the case was sticking out under the grill and used my rotary tool with a sanding attachment (grinders just clog on aluminium) and ground the edges back. Next step for that is going to the model shop around the corner tomorrow and buying some black model paint and a small paint brush so I can paint the raw aluminium edges. I know the mesh I have planned quite well and you can see through it quite easily so I don't want any exposed metal on show. I have not painted the grill yet I am waiting until early next week when Easter is done and I'm settled.

Any way, the boring part is done (software) and I will leave you on this note.

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/6494676

Please note - the entire rig is stock. I've not quite worked out how to overclock it yet...

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

Your desk is so messy. Unlike your builds

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

Your desk is so messy. Unlike your builds

Can't really be helped when you have a guts PC running on it :D It's usually nice and clear.

That case looks really good.

Matter of fact, I think it would please the missus.

How sensitive is the case to fingerprints and such?

It's as bad as anything anodized so pretty bad.

Just keep a bottle of Windolene/Windex (depending where you are in the world) and a micro fiber cloth handy.

Morning update. I'm going away at 5pm until Monday evening so this will probably be the last update until at least then.

Had a late night with my lady last night, figured I could get a lie in after being up for the postman every day this week. Nope ! forgot they worked today and had a rude awakening at 10:30. Threw on the lady's dressing gown and ran for the door, what a sight :D

Any way, the Gelid slim fans have arrived. Sadly it looks like the plug that covers the part where you remove the blades is glued in. I will try my best to remove them but if I can't it means I can't paint the fans green. This will suck, but isn't the end of the world as they will be out of sight when the rig is back together any way.

The silver grey fan mesh has arrived. This means that I have almost all of the parts I need to reassemble the side panel. Still need to paint the grill though..

I think the silver dinoc has arrived too, so the only thing I should be missing now is the green spray paint. I think I might even have some left from Nfenix over at mum's, and I will be going over there later.

I will probably drop in a few pics before I leave today and I'll have my phone so basic forum access will be there, but if I don't get the time to check in let me wish you all a very safe and happy Easter. Eat too much, drink too much if that's your thing and I'll see you all on the other side :)

DSC00707_zpsn2nnli3o.jpg

Edit. Well the Gelid fans don't come apart as I just broke one trying :D

So I've ordered a pair of Yates, which usually come apart easily.

2580_zpstlrj9eod.jpg

Well the exhaust fan is finished.

DSC00708_zpspp2rqk3h.jpg

DSC00709_zpst9ka8a9x.jpg

Just the intake fans to do now.

Thanks. Yeah it's a lovely green really befitting of Nvidia :)

Opinions wanted...

OK so the side vent thing. Do I vent it using the mesh I bought, or, do I slap a piece of smoked acrylic on the back side of it making it a window?

See, here's my reasons why I'm tempted. Basically the bottom fans are going to be loaded into the enclosure giving it awesome airflow. They will act pretty much as the Silverstones do in my Raven, forcing all hot air up and out of the exhaust.

So do I compromise that by having a big open hole, or, turn that into a focal point and slap in some acrylic and put some LEDs inside to show off the Titan Black?

Opinions fellas please. I think I even have a piece that is large enough to be fitted in there. Also bear in mind; I have decided to paint the raw edges where the hole was cut. I'm gonna pop around to the model shop around the corner tomorrow and get some paint.

What in god's name happened there?

Elaborate window is a must 

Yeah I gotta say I am well tempted man.

DO IT

(the window thing that is...)

Resolution is a word. 5 is a number.

WINDOW WINDOW WINDOW

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza

OK Window it shall be.

I've got to go to the doctor's in an hour so will be popping into the model shop in town to buy some black paint. At some point this afternoon I will paint the cut edges of the panel black so that the edges are not silver and don't stick out when  you look through them.

Hopefully the piece of acrylic I have will do, if not I will have to order some. Will be nice looking through and seeing the lit logo though, well worth the extra hassle.

I'm also trying to get the PSU sorted out as we speak. No reply from Pexon just yet but Shakmods can apparently make me up complete replacements for £60 all in. A figure I find agreeable.

OK so I decided on a window. First up I had an old scrap piece lying around so let's mask it ready for work.

1_zps7wy6aj3f.jpg

This is it here. Got a nice smoked look.

11_zpsu3uv7suh.jpg

OK so cut.

2_zpsnpxisuej.jpg

Mark holes.

3_zpsd1j1m6vk.jpg

Drill holes.

4_zpsotiwhnxy.jpg

Round off square corner.

5_zpsu82p5inr.jpg

Test fit.

6_zps5khpu8dg.jpg

Ugly silver edging.

7_zpsi9fztgms.jpg

Cue this.

8_zpskgnoi4sb.jpg

And paint.

9_zpsb6b4txqm.jpg

And a short while later.

10_zps38bvpixe.jpg

So now when you look through if you look up down or sideways you see a nice painted edge. I have to give it another coat later but it looks 100% better like that.

Tomorrow I will be painting the grill itself and getting that bit all buttoned up and finished :)

I would hate myself for cutting up a case that beautiful, it's looking amazing though! Keep it up!  :D  :)

PC Specs   - Black and White Build

Intel Core i5 4690k MSI Z97S Krait LGA 1150

Crucial Ballistix Sport 1x8GB 1600MHZ

Sapphire Radeon R9 270 (Will be upgrading this soon)

EVGA 500W PSU

Phanteks Enthoo Pro - White

Andy. Make me a case for my bday.

Looks Sick!

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

That case is so awesome! I've done a build fro a friend in the bigger brother of that case with a Titan Z. Very nice cable management!

Your build looks really sick. :D Like the paintjob on the case.

who cares...

Right that's the grill painted.

DSC00724_zpszemejwbv.jpg

And temp fitted.

DSC00726_zpswn4b3v4e.jpg

Couple of notes.

It's filthy and really needs to be cleaned.

The screw heads are to be painted black. 

Other than that it's almost finished now.

Oh yeah, and the Yates came.

DSC00725_zpsenwk14xc.jpg

But sadly the green paint got stopped at the post office so the seller has sent another one out.

Update. Well, actually rather not.

For the past few days I've not been feeling so well so I've decided not to take on anything stressful. As such the project has sort of sat still. Since posting last though I have put down another coat on the grill and I'm very happy with that and I've painted all of the screw heads that hold it on. Sadly painting screw heads with spray paint is a bit of a sod and they're going to need doing by hand if I want them to look right.

Just watching the Manc derby right now, later this afternoon I will sort the screw heads out and with any luck I can get it finished tomorrow. All I will need to do once they're painted is clean everything thoroughly, then bolt them on and cut off the excess with a dremel.

Then I can move onto sorting out the hard drive covers, and crack out the plotter again.

So more to come soon :)

Update. Well, actually rather not.

For the past few days I've not been feeling so well so I've decided not to take on anything stressful. As such the project has sort of sat still. Since posting last though I have put down another coat on the grill and I'm very happy with that and I've painted all of the screw heads that hold it on. Sadly painting screw heads with spray paint is a bit of a sod and they're going to need doing by hand if I want them to look right.

Just watching the Manc derby right now, later this afternoon I will sort the screw heads out and with any luck I can get it finished tomorrow. All I will need to do once they're painted is clean everything thoroughly, then bolt them on and cut off the excess with a dremel.

Then I can move onto sorting out the hard drive covers, and crack out the plotter again.

So more to come soon :)

Can't wait for more updates :D

Specs: CPU: AMD FX 6300 Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A DS3P RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB 1866MHz GPU: MSI R9 270 OC edition Case: Sharkoon VS3-S SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB HDD: 1TB Caviar Blue PSU: Corsair CX500W

*If I say something that seems offensive, please don't take it seriously, it was most likely meant as a joke/sarcastically*