Panel type

Benz

what would be the best for gaming TN or IPS ?

cpu: i5 3570k | MB: gigabyte z77 ud5h | GPU: msi gtx 660ti | ram: corsair vengeance 8gb | hdd: WD 1tb black | ssd: samsung 840 120gb | case: zalman ms800 plus | cpu cooler: hyper 212 evo | psu: corsair tx750m

TN panels can have higher refresh rate (120Hz as oppose to 60Hz on IPS)

IPS panels can have better color reproduction and wider viewing angles.

TN for fast games such as csgo 

IPS for slow games such as skyrim 

I was gonna say what prolemur just stated. TN panels tend to be bad with viewing angles but with insane response times! Benq even makes one with a 1MS response time! IPS ones do have better colour reproductions but slower response. These days however, companies have released IPS displays with better response times at 5MS. Though, no where near the times of TN, it is close enough for me to not notice as much. 

Personally I have one with a TN and one with an IPS, I barely notice the difference with gaming on either of them. My TN is @ 2ms and my IPS is at 6MS. 

Bottomline: If you are mainly gonna be gaming, go for TN. They are cheaper and very responsive! :) 

Hope this helps! 

Main Gaming Rig/Folding Machine: Core i7 3770k @ 4.7GHz / H100 with Sickleflow Fans/ Corsair 600t / XFX 6950 / 16GB DDR3

Folding/Media PC: AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE/ Fractal Design Core 1000 / 4GB DDR2 

Ultrabook : Samsung NP530 Ultrabook. 

Catleap 2b 1440p is hands down the best monitor for gaming. You get amazing picture quality from a IPS panel and you get the smoothness of 120hz.

I had 3 23" Dell IPS monitors and I found the picture quality still lacking due to the low resolution of the monitor.The Catleap monitors look as good as the Apple Cinema Displays.

Whatever you do avoid matte screens. They just suck out all the vividness in everything. Everything looks dull and boring, almost lifeless.

I was gonna say what prolemur just stated. TN panels tend to be bad with viewing angles but with insane response times! Benq even makes one with a 1MS response time! IPS ones do have better colour reproductions but slower response. These days however, companies have released IPS displays with better response times at 5MS. Though, no where near the times of TN, it is close enough for me to not notice as much. 

Personally I have one with a TN and one with an IPS, I barely notice the difference with gaming on either of them. My TN is @ 2ms and my IPS is at 6MS. 

Bottomline: If you are mainly gonna be gaming, go for TN. They are cheaper and very responsive! :) 

Hope this helps!

Response time is B.S value, and they tell you. You will see that they refer in the fine prints, or next to "response time", g-t-g, or "g-to-g". This means gray-to-gray. In other words, every company has it's own way to measure response time (like the actual process). Moreover, as the fine print says, the response time is the time the monitor panel takes from changing a color to another... in this case, gray to gray. But which gray? That's exactly it... nothing says that it can't even be the same gray color (see 1ms).

TFTCentral, an in depth monitor site, shows this, and you can see it from any of their monitor review. For the sake of example, I am showing a bit of 2 extremes to show the impact more visible. The first one, the Dell U2410, is a super fast IPS monitor, quite impressive, possible one of the fastest. It was a 750$ monitor. The other one is a BenQ is a somewhat early 120Hz monitor, so TN, which what it looks like a 60Hz monitor overclocked, and not a true 120Hz.

So, lets compare:

-> Dell U2410 - true 8-bit IPS panels, 6ms response time, 1920x1200. Note: the more pixels rows the monitor has, the slower the response time, as the LCD monitor refreshes from the top to the bottom, row by row. Hence why you have tearing in a fact action scene or game if V-Sync is off. Just something to keep in mind.

dell_u2410.jpg

-> BenQ XL2410t - 120Hz TN panels, 1ms response time, 1920x1080. So this monitor has everything on its side to be fast.

benq_xl2410t_120_ama_on.jpg

Well.. someone is lying quite a bit... I think you can see who...

And for kicks, here is a third example, ViewSonic VX2739WM, TN panel 1920x1080, 60Hz, 2ms response time.

viewsonic_vx2739wm.jpg

Not very 2ms to me, compared to the 6ms from Dell.

So, it is important to read in depth review to get the real response time of the monitor.

Catleap 2b 1440p is hands down the best monitor for gaming. You get amazing picture quality from a IPS panel and you get the smoothness of 120hz.

I had 3 23" Dell IPS monitors and I found the picture quality still lacking due to the low resolution of the monitor.The Catleap monitors look as good as the Apple Cinema Displays.

Whatever you do avoid matte screens. They just suck out all the vividness in everything. Everything looks dull and boring, almost lifeless.

-> Catleap monitors are manufacture rejects which are bought by these eBay Korean companies. They all have faults. Faults expends more than just dead/bright pixels: you can have areas of the monitor that as sharp as others, or a or some pixels not as sharp (panel grid miss produced), you can have quality and durability issues, or back light issues where the back light is really not even, or sever back light bleeding (you are suppose to have 0 backlight for the panels you are supposed to get), some pixels can have trouble blocking the backlight, so you have a 'stars' effect appear up close on black,

and more. Hence why they are not rated A+ panels, but rather A/A-, depending the issues.

-> Also, overclocking the monitor to 120Hz is not guaranteed. Many can't pass 90Hz, or worse.

Moreover, IPS panel LCD liquid is not fast enough, so you get potentially (and most likely) frame skipping, and slight motion blur, which many thinks they see more frames, but put a true 120Hz monitor, and it's night and day. You see that the overclocked monitor is just blur.

-> Finally, what you said about matte screen is completely false. It may be true for 80$ TN LCD monitors, where the anti-glare coating is just any standard bumpy plastic sheet glued to a glossy panel, but for a high consumer grade monitors, special anti-glare films are used, so that light from the LCD is outputted straight with little to no distortion of the light, keeping colors beautiful, and the image sharp. If you look at any professional grade monitor, include color critical work purpose monitors, all are non-glossy. The only glossy monitors are the crap monitors, as anti-glare coating is expensive to add, and their target is the consumer that seek the lowest price possible, and nothing else. The exception is Apple display, but even then, the panel is treated to reduce reflection to avoid reflection between the panel and glass sheet.

It must also be noted that most eBay type monitors that uses reject panel like the Catleap and many others, give you a panel, essentially directly connected to DVI no color processor, no Look Up Table, no on screen menu (you only have 5 to 8 brightness settings with no indication the current brightness level of the monitor), the enclosure is a generic ultra cheap plastic, with extra buttons that does nothing, and speaker holes, but no speakers. If it does have multiple inputs, it uses a basic switch board which causes issues to some, and have heavy input lag. Oh and no adjustable monitor.

They are goods one, that have a nice solid enclosure, and anti-glare coating, and does a good job. But the price is very close to an named brand monitors... might as well get those... at least not only you'll have a longer warranty (3 years instead of 1), but you also a proper warranty, not filled with conditions and complicated policy to not cover you, and if you manage to fit into RMA approval, I wish you good luck to your wallet to ship that monitor back to Korea. Some people claimed they had to pay up to 200$ for shipping, and in addition, due to countries laws, had to pay duty fees, bringing the entire price above a named brand monitor, and still ended up being faulty (well, it's normal, the panels are rejects, so there is no such thing as perfect). Those that claims that their monitor is amazing, and perfect, either comes from an old low-end TN LCD monitor, so anything, would have been better, and didn't actually check for faults.

Buying these inexpensive Korean ebay, whatever you want to call them, monitors, are great if and only if, you really need a high resolution screen, but is tight on money, and whiling to take the risk. You know to expect an issue with the monitor, but you hope that it won't be visible for your usage. Example, if you have a back light issue, but you only work, and rarely play a game where everything is black, then yea, it will be great for you.

Response time is B.S value, and they tell you. You will see that they refer in the fine prints, or next to "response time", g-t-g, or "g-to-g". This means gray-to-gray. In other words, every company has it's own way to measure response time (like the actual process). Moreover, as the fine print says, the response time is the time the monitor panel takes from changing a color to another... in this case, gray to gray. But which gray? That's exactly it... nothing says that it can't even be the same gray color (see 1ms).

TFTCentral, an in depth monitor site, shows this, and you can see it from any of their monitor review. For the sake of example, I am showing a bit of 2 extremes to show the impact more visible. The first one, the Dell U2410, is a super fast IPS monitor, quite impressive, possible one of the fastest. It was a 750$ monitor. The other one is a BenQ is a somewhat early 120Hz monitor, so TN, which what it looks like a 60Hz monitor overclocked, and not a true 120Hz.

So, lets compare:

-> Dell U2410 - true 8-bit IPS panels, 6ms response time, 1920x1200. Note: the more pixels rows the monitor has, the slower the response time, as the LCD monitor refreshes from the top to the bottom, row by row. Hence why you have tearing in a fact action scene or game if V-Sync is off. Just something to keep in mind.

dell_u2410.jpg

-> BenQ XL2410t - 120Hz TN panels, 1ms response time, 1920x1080. So this monitor has everything on its side to be fast.

benq_xl2410t_120_ama_on.jpg

Well.. someone is lying quite a bit... I think you can see who...

And for kicks, here is a third example, ViewSonic VX2739WM, TN panel 1920x1080, 60Hz, 2ms response time.

viewsonic_vx2739wm.jpg

Not very 2ms to me, compared to the 6ms from Dell.

So, it is important to read in depth review to get the real response time of the monitor.

-> Catleap monitors are manufacture rejects which are bought by these eBay Korean companies. They all have faults. Faults expends more than just dead/bright pixels: you can have areas of the monitor that as sharp as others, or a or some pixels not as sharp (panel grid miss produced), you can have quality and durability issues, or back light issues where the back light is really not even, or sever back light bleeding (you are suppose to have 0 backlight for the panels you are supposed to get), some pixels can have trouble blocking the backlight, so you have a 'stars' effect appear up close on black,

and more. Hence why they are not rated A+ panels, but rather A/A-, depending the issues.

-> Also, overclocking the monitor to 120Hz is not guaranteed. Many can't pass 90Hz, or worse.

Moreover, IPS panel LCD liquid is not fast enough, so you get potentially (and most likely) frame skipping, and slight motion blur, which many thinks they see more frames, but put a true 120Hz monitor, and it's night and day. You see that the overclocked monitor is just blur.

-> Finally, what you said about matte screen is completely false. It may be true for 80$ TN LCD monitors, where the anti-glare coating is just any standard bumpy plastic sheet glued to a glossy panel, but for a high consumer grade monitors, special anti-glare films are used, so that light from the LCD is outputted straight with little to no distortion of the light, keeping colors beautiful, and the image sharp. If you look at any professional grade monitor, include color critical work purpose monitors, all are non-glossy. The only glossy monitors are the crap monitors, as anti-glare coating is expensive to add, and their target is the consumer that seek the lowest price possible, and nothing else. The exception is Apple display, but even then, the panel is treated to reduce reflection to avoid reflection between the panel and glass sheet.

It must also be noted that most eBay type monitors that uses reject panel like the Catleap and many others, give you a panel, essentially directly connected to DVI no color processor, no Look Up Table, no on screen menu (you only have 5 to 8 brightness settings with no indication the current brightness level of the monitor), the enclosure is a generic ultra cheap plastic, with extra buttons that does nothing, and speaker holes, but no speakers. If it does have multiple inputs, it uses a basic switch board which causes issues to some, and have heavy input lag. Oh and no adjustable monitor.

They are goods one, that have a nice solid enclosure, and anti-glare coating, and does a good job. But the price is very close to an named brand monitors... might as well get those... at least not only you'll have a longer warranty (3 years instead of 1), but you also a proper warranty, not filled with conditions and complicated policy to not cover you, and if you manage to fit into RMA approval, I wish you good luck to your wallet to ship that monitor back to Korea. Some people claimed they had to pay up to 200$ for shipping, and in addition, due to countries laws, had to pay duty fees, bringing the entire price above a named brand monitor, and still ended up being faulty (well, it's normal, the panels are rejects, so there is no such thing as perfect). Those that claims that their monitor is amazing, and perfect, either comes from an old low-end TN LCD monitor, so anything, would have been better, and didn't actually check for faults.

Buying these inexpensive Korean ebay, whatever you want to call them, monitors, are great if and only if, you really need a high resolution screen, but is tight on money, and whiling to take the risk. You know to expect an issue with the monitor, but you hope that it won't be visible for your usage. Example, if you have a back light issue, but you only work, and rarely play a game where everything is black, then yea, it will be great for you.

It's very obvious you have zero hands on experience with the Catleaps. I guarantee my panel is flawless without any of the issues you mentioned. I owned a Cinema Display and for the price it still had light bleed. Every single one of them that I've seen had light bleed.

As for matte screens, they all look dull. I don't care what the price range, they all have a lifeless picture. My dad who does professional photography says the same exact thing. He doesn't like using them for touching up photos because when you print an image it looks different then it did on the monitor which obviously is a major issue when you're using expensive photo paper.

I think you should look at a catleap monitor in person before making these assumptions. I've seen plenty of people who put one next to a $1,300 Dell monitor and the image quality was identical.

You assume all of them are subpar quality or defective in some way. When in fact, these companies sell panels that were rejected in a batch that are just as good as the retail panels. They reject a batch of panels if one doesn't meet their criteria. There's a ton of panels in a single batch. So these companies go through and cherry pick the best of the best and resell them under their name. These Korean monitors have much better quality then a lot of the panels that have made it into store shelves.

As far as 120hz, you're completely wrong. I owned a Samsung S27A950D 120hz previously which is regarded as one of the best 120hz monitors out there. The Catleap 2B is just as smooth as that monitor without any blurring.

Don't really care about OSD or color adjusting options. I can go right into Nvidia Control Panel and tweak the image to however I want it.

Just in case anyone is interested there is now a American based company that sells the Korean monitors.. They have a 30 day money back guarantee and even pay for return shipping. A couple members from another forum I belong to bought from them and got great monitors . just figured I would share this with anyone in the US thinking about getting a Korean monitor but is scared of dealing with Korea..

http://www.ipsledmonitors.com/default.asp

It's very obvious you have zero hands on experience with the Catleaps. I guarantee my panel is flawless without any of the issues you mentioned. I owned a Cinema Display and for the price it still had light bleed. Every single one of them that I've seen had light bleed.

But I taught they wee the exact same panel.. so know they aren't?

If you knew anything about monitors, you would know that buying Apple Cinema Display is a very poor buy.

And how it makes sense.. you can afford an overpriced monitor, but now you can't get a decent one, and have to go with the reject panels? Either you have no sense of budget, or are lying.

As for matte screens, they all look dull. I don't care what the price range, they all have a lifeless picture. My dad who does professional photography says the same exact thing. He doesn't like using them for touching up photos because when you print an image it looks different then it did on the monitor which obviously is a major issue when you're using expensive photo paper.

Well your Dad is wrong. Happens, don't be sad, no one is perfect.

I think you should look at a catleap monitor in person before making these assumptions. I've seen plenty of people who put one next to a $1,300 Dell monitor and the image quality was identical.

Reject panel is a reject panel, there is a fault somewhere. The risk is if it's visible to you or not... or care about it or not.

You assume all of them are subpar quality or defective in some way. When in fact, these companies sell panels that were rejected in a batch that are just as good as the retail panels. They reject a batch of panels if one doesn't meet their criteria. There's a ton of panels in a single batch. So these companies go through and cherry pick the best of the best and resell them under their name.

If they cared to do this entire process then they would:

-> Stop stealing marketing material from sites

-> Spend 1sec to open Word/OpenOffice and spell check their marketing material

-> Give you a descent casing (although, as mentioned, some does)

-> Give you a full circuit system with regulator, ensuring full GPU support, and at least basic input system, with a proper input switch system with no massive input lag.

-> Give you a proper dead/bright pixel warranty, meaning good low amount, and no zone and distance crap policy.

These Korean monitors have much better quality then a lot of the panels that have made it into store shelves.

LOL!

As far as 120hz, you're completely wrong. I owned a Samsung S27A950D 120hz previously which is regarded as one of the best 120hz monitors out there. The Catleap 2B is just as smooth as that monitor without any blurring.

Yes, just how the Catleap is higher quality than most high-end consumer grade monitors.. yes... Every single person that got the Catleap, admitted that the monitor is of very poor quality. I don't think you know what quality is.

Don't really care about OSD or color adjusting options. I can go right into Nvidia Control Panel and tweak the image to however I want it.

Yes, do it via software... long live banding, and wrong shift colors due to emulation!

But I taught they wee the exact same panel.. so know they aren't?

If you knew anything about monitors, you would know that buying Apple Cinema Display is a very poor buy.

And how it makes sense.. you can afford an overpriced monitor, but now you can't get a decent one, and have to go with the reject panels? Either you have no sense of budget, or are lying.

Well your Dad is wrong. Happens, don't be sad, no one is perfect.

Reject panel is a reject panel, there is a fault somewhere. The risk is if it's visible to you or not... or care about it or not.

If they cared to do this entire process then they would:

-> Stop stealing marketing material from sites

-> Spend 1sec to open Word/OpenOffice and spell check their marketing material

-> Give you a descent casing (although, as mentioned, some does)

-> Give you a full circuit system with regulator, ensuring full GPU support, and at least basic input system, with a proper input switch system with no massive input lag.

-> Give you a proper dead/bright pixel warranty, meaning good low amount, and no zone and distance crap policy.

LOL!

Yes, just how the Catleap is higher quality than most high-end consumer grade monitors.. yes... Every single person that got the Catleap, admitted that the monitor is of very poor quality. I don't think you know what quality is.

Yes, do it via software... long live banding, and wrong shift colors due to emulation!

Man you have to be one of the biggest douche bags on these forums!

By the way, I paid $850 for my monitor so you should stop talking like you know something. Please MR. Smart Guy, pleas explain to me where you can get a 1440p 120hz monitor? What's that, you can't get one anywhere else? Yeah that's what I thought idiot.

As for my dad being wrong, get real. My dads been getting paid for photography longer then you've been alive. I bet his camera costs more then your moms minivan.

Biased people like you should be banned from forums. Arguing about something when you have never seen or used something is completely dumb. Do you own one? No? Then explain how you know more then people who do?

Do you really think companies test every single panel out there? They test one out of 100's and if its good the entire batch makes it into name brand monitors. If one fails then the scrap the entire batch.

Now use your head smart guy. Just because one passes doesn't mean they are all as good. Just because one fails doesn't mean they are all bad. These pixel perfect monitors are hand picked and tested before they are sold. Do you think Dell or whoever did that to your oh so fancy name brand monitor that you paid big money for? Nope, they didn't.

Get off your high horse and stop talking about stuff you have never used or seen. We get it, you're the king of the Internet and nobody is right but you. Meanwhile, back in reality, there's people like me laughing at people like you who talk about something they don't know

So go ahead and read another article or another forum about these monitors so you can be more knowledgeable then the people who actually own one.

Go to 120hz.net and take a look around. There's plenty if people on there with $1,300 Dell Ultrasharps and Catleaps side by side. They can tell you the panels are the exact same. You know why? Because they are made by the same company.

FluffyNuggets, on 30 Jun 2013 - 1:54 PM, said:

Man you have to be one of the biggest douche bags on these forums!

I see myself as nice guy, and open minded person.

By the way, I paid $850 for my monitor so you should stop talking like you know something. Please MR. Smart Guy, pleas explain to me where you can get a 1440p 120hz monitor?

You can't, because IPS panel can't go to 120Hz. If you look a few years back (when these Korean IPS 120Hz still existed back then), there was a very strong competition to bring 3D on TVs. It was all the rage. TV's using IPS panels could not run at true 120Hz or above to get active shutter stereoscopic 3D working. Why? Because, IPS panels aren't fast enough. The only way to get 120Hz on TVs, is a TN panel (which means poor view angles, didn't made it marketable, or plasma. The rest all uses passive 3D, meaning the 3D effect isn't as good, but works on a 60Hz panel, which IPS had. For those that were really into 3D, they bought plasma TVs. Of course, now the market has changed to SmartTV's, so now it's not really relevant. But, why don't you ask LG about it, they are the largest IPS panel manufacture in the world, they should know a thing or two. If they could do it, they would have. Maybe 3D TV would have worked, who knows?

What's that, you can't get one anywhere else? Yeah that's what I thought idiot.

I don't like living a lie. Resulting to insults, suggest you are very angry. Buyers remorse? Insulting or screaming, doesn't make you right.

As for my dad being wrong, get real. My dads been getting paid for photography longer then you've been alive. I bet his camera costs more then your moms minivan.

You can buy the best cooking equipment possible, but if your cooking isn't good.. it won't help you. A professional photographer, like a professional chef, will learn the weaknesses of the equipment he or she has in hand, and knowing that will end up with jaw dropping seizure making due awesomeness results. Sure better equipment can do a better job and make the task better, but doesn't mean you have it that you are automatically good at it.

Now, by no means I mean that your father is incompetent, but you just said "my dad is better than your dad" childish arguments, hence why I broke your argument with a counter-argument.

Biased people like you should be banned from forums. Arguing about something when you have never seen or used something is completely dumb. Do you own one? No? Then explain how you know more then people who do?

I like to look at reviews of products, and collect user feedback, instead of buying every single product on the universe, and start taking pictures as proof, as if it would help me win some argumentation on a forum. Even if I did, you would say I was unlucky, or that my testing procedure is poor without saying how to do it, I could get a degree and work for 30 years at a monitor manufacture as an engineer, and would continue to be in denial. There is no point.

I am not bias, well I try not to be. I already suggested those cheap Korean monitors to people. What I don't like however, is when a person comes and say only the positive of a product, and ignores all the downside on purpose, and worst, denies them. I state all downsides that I know off of a product I suggest. When it's not, I have to come and state them. Yes I do look like I am against... but I am adding to the information that is missing.

Do you really think companies test every single panel out there? They test one out of 100's and if its good the entire batch makes it into name brand monitors. If one fails then the scrap the entire batch.

Gigabyte, Corsair flash drive, Western Digital, and many other test their hardware before shipping. How can you know.. when you buy, let's a a graphic card, look at the PCI-E. Many companies like Gigabyte, you'll see them scratched, as they were inserted before. You can notice this too if you look inside the plug of a USB flash drive, I know Corsair does it. Look at a Western Digital drive, they have diagnostic contacts on the drive and SATA connector used, every single drive you buy from them. They might forgo the low end products, but essentially med range and up, it's all tested. So it's definitely something that can be done. And I just mentioned here brands that i know for sure does. I am sure the list of manufacture doing it is fairly long.

For the photography part, I do agree that picture on monitor will not look exactly the same on the photo paper because their finish isn't the same. It will make the color look a bit different. However, with a proper calibration/color profile setting, it can make the prints look almost the same as they were on the screen.

Every photographer has their own preference/style. For me (as an amateur photographer XD ) I prefer matte screen over glossy screen because I don't like refection on the screen. It makes things harder to see and working with. I do take a really vivid/contrasty photo :D 

Color wise, it's not that different. Glossy screen might be a tiny bit more vivid but with a proper calibration, matte screen can be vivid too. 

This is for OP, For Gaming, if you don't need 120hz or 3D, I'd say go with ips. Better color will make you gaming experience more immersive. Also, you will need a beast machine to play game at >60 fps these they. If you want to get a 120hz panel, make sure you have a horsepower to play at that fps. Before get a new monitor, if possible, you might want to go take a look at shop near you home before get one. 

I see myself as nice guy, and open minded person.

You can't, because IPS panel can't go to 120Hz. If you look a few years back (when these Korean IPS 120Hz still existed back then), there was a very strong competition to bring 3D on TVs. It was all the rage. TV's using IPS panels could not run at true 120Hz or above to get active shutter stereoscopic 3D working. Why? Because, IPS panels aren't fast enough. The only way to get 120Hz on TVs, is a TN panel (which means poor view angles, didn't made it marketable, or plasma. The rest all uses passive 3D, meaning the 3D effect isn't as good, but works on a 60Hz panel, which IPS had. For those that were really into 3D, they bought plasma TVs. Of course, now the market has changed to SmartTV's, so now it's not really relevant. But, why don't you ask LG about it, they are the largest IPS panel manufacture in the world, they should know a thing or two. If they could do it, they would have. Maybe 3D TV would have worked, who knows?

I don't like living a lie. Resulting to insults, suggest you are very angry. Buyers remorse? Insulting or screaming, doesn't make you right.

You can buy the best cooking equipment possible, but if your cooking isn't good.. it won't help you. A professional photographer, like a professional chef, will learn the weaknesses of the equipment he or she has in hand, and knowing that will end up with jaw dropping seizure making due awesomeness results. Sure better equipment can do a better job and make the task better, but doesn't mean you have it that you are automatically good at it.

Now, by no means I mean that your father is incompetent, but you just said "my dad is better than your dad" childish arguments, hence why I broke your argument with a counter-argument.

I like to look at reviews of products, and collect user feedback, instead of buying every single product on the universe, and start taking pictures as proof, as if it would help me win some argumentation on a forum. Even if I did, you would say I was unlucky, or that my testing procedure is poor without saying how to do it, I could get a degree and work for 30 years at a monitor manufacture as an engineer, and would continue to be in denial. There is no point.

I am not bias, well I try not to be. I already suggested those cheap Korean monitors to people. What I don't like however, is when a person comes and say only the positive of a product, and ignores all the downside on purpose, and worst, denies them. I state all downsides that I know off of a product I suggest. When it's not, I have to come and state them. Yes I do look like I am against... but I am adding to the information that is missing.

Gigabyte, Corsair flash drive, Western Digital, and many other test their hardware before shipping. How can you know.. when you buy, let's a a graphic card, look at the PCI-E. Many companies like Gigabyte, you'll see them scratched, as they were inserted before. You can notice this too if you look inside the plug of a USB flash drive, I know Corsair does it. Look at a Western Digital drive, they have diagnostic contacts on the drive and SATA connector used, every single drive you buy from them. They might forgo the low end products, but essentially med range and up, it's all tested. So it's definitely something that can be done. And I just mentioned here brands that i know for sure does. I am sure the list of manufacture doing it is fairly long.

So if 120hz can't be done on a IPS panel then explain to me how my refresh rate is 120hz? If monitors can't be over locked then explain to me why you can overclock monitors with the Titan? The only reason you can't run 120hz at higher resolutions is the pixel clock restrictions on graphic cards. However, if you use a pixel patcher it works.

You seem to think these monitors use the same PCB as other monitors when it doesn't.

I didn't say nothing but positive things about my monitor. I say the stand was crappy but I knew that before I bought it.

If you're going by reviews of these monitors then you're obviously lying. If you read reviews from people that owned them you'd know they are amazing.

As for saying my dad is a bad photographer that's just laughable. If he was so bad he wouldn't have people paying him a ton of money to do their photos. He also gets paid to do restoration on old photos. Now if you know anything about what it takes to restore photos then you wouldn't be saying anything. Come back when you can make money taking people's photos and then start talking. If you think it's easy to do then you're in complete denial. If you think photography is easy then you obviously know nothing about it.

I guess it's a lot easier for you to judge people that can do something you can't do. You must be one smart guy. If only my knowledge could be obtained from reading about it from other people that know about it online.