CSGO getting "gritty" textures when moving.

DaxTee

Hey, I recently got my new monitor setup (ASUS VG248QE) and when I play csgo when ever the camera moves (from either character movement or mouse movement) the textures become 'gritty', like there is no texture smoothing at all also model edges become jaggy. On my old monitor this doesn't happen (older monitor being 60hz instead of 144hz). Screenshots dont pick up this.

Is something wrong because it is pretty ugly/distracting, how would I go in fixing it.

Thanks

(sorry if question isn't the best)

Mate

What cable do you use to connect your monitor with the PC?

I just bought a 144hz monitor as well, and you really need to get used to it in CSGO since it looks like motion blur is on with this refresh rate. This might be what you mean.

Maybe your monitor has an option to turn of overdrive, I suggest you try that to see how it looks with overdrive on/off.

Mah Build:  CPU: Intel i7-7700K COOLING: NZXT Kraken X52 GPU: Asus Strix GTX 1080 MOBO: Asus Strix Z270F RAM: 16GB GSKILL TridentZ RGB 3000 

CASE: In Win 303 STORAGE: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate 1TB  SSHD PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750W

What cable do you use to connect your monitor with the PC?

I just bought a 144hz monitor as well, and you really need to get used to it in CSGO since it looks like motion blur is on with this refresh rate. This might be what you mean.

Maybe your monitor has an option to turn of overdrive, I suggest you try that to see how it looks with overdrive on/off.

Dual link dvi, abd its defintly not motion blur. the actual game is clear but textures and edges arent

Mate

I had a problem with my TN panel too say when i move the mouse in any game very small hexagons/artifacts appeared all over the screen( not visible to the average PC user) for 0.2 seconds and disappear.It was the most annoying experience of  PC gaming.Tried every cable/port... ultimately got very upset, sent it back and bought an IPS.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013).

Dual link dvi, abd its defintly not motion blur. the actual game is clear but textures and edges arent

Why don't you use display port, that has native 144hz support.

Mah Build:  CPU: Intel i7-7700K COOLING: NZXT Kraken X52 GPU: Asus Strix GTX 1080 MOBO: Asus Strix Z270F RAM: 16GB GSKILL TridentZ RGB 3000 

CASE: In Win 303 STORAGE: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate 1TB  SSHD PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750W

I think you have ghosting, I had the same thing with my last Asus monitor, I had to return it and get another. The new one having backlight bleed but not as bad as the ghosting. I would say return it.