Rate your ISP!

Currently living away from my primary residence, so I'll rate both of my current ISPs (Verizon is at my primary residence).

ISP: Spectrum (New York)

Plan: 500 Mbps down

Actual: Anywhere from 500-600 down, 20 Mbps up

Rating: 0.5/5 - Their equipment is flaming garbage and they try to sell you on their mobile/cable plans constantly. Very annoying getting spammed with emails by them with subject lines such as *URGENT* OPEN IMMEDIATELY even though it's about upgrading plans or something else. Currently paying a promotional price of $40 a month for this. I believe after the promotion ends it jumps up to $100 a month or something like that. I'll be moving back long before the promotion ends though.

ISP: Verizon Fios (Pennsylvania)

Plan: 980 down/980 up

Actual: 980 down/980 up

Rating: 5/5 - Speeds usually drop down to 920/920 during peak hours which isn't a big deal. Their fiber has been very reliable with minimal downtime and their support has been awesome when I needed to contact them. Current paying $80 USD a month for it.

3 hours ago, firestronk said:

Their equipment is flaming garbage

This is why I bought a modem and separate router for our Comcast. Because ISP's tend to peddle garbage on to their customers.

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

2 hours ago, Donut417 said:

This is why I bought a modem and separate router for our Comcast. Because ISP's tend to peddle garbage on to their customers.

Spectrum is by far the worst that I have seen thus far. Wanna change your router settings? You need to download their mobile app to do that. Once you get their app, the only settings that you can change are the names of devices on the network and very basic port forwarding rules. 

1 hour ago, firestronk said:

download their mobile app to d

Comcast is the same, which is why we dont use their equipment. At least Spectrum doesnt have data caps. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

2 hours ago, Donut417 said:

Comcast is the same, which is why we dont use their equipment. At least Spectrum doesnt have data caps. 

I wasn't aware of Comcast doing that, that's good to know. Major downside to Spectrum is that their agents are known to tack on additional charges for services when you call for support and they'll randomly change up their prices. I'm looking forward to returning to my other place and having Fios again.