The Skyrim (Original DX9) Thread

Go to solution Solved by mr.skyrim_pc,

Skyrim has a lot of bugs/glitches..

But i really like the story!

It really doesn't have that many glitches. Mabye it did when it first came out but not anymore

4 hours ago, Pohernori said:

And there it is, I got magically unsubbed from the thread again

For this instance, do you ever recall getting any notifications after the threads name got changed?

Some of my touch devices (the shitty ones) seem to enjoy automagically rating some posts while I'm scrolling through a topic with severely delayed phantom touches from time to time.

6 hours ago, MoonSpot said:

For this instance, do you ever recall getting any notifications after the threads name got changed?

Some of my touch devices (the shitty ones) seem to enjoy automagically rating some posts while I'm scrolling through a topic with severely delayed phantom touches from time to time.

Hmm i only didn't get the notification for the latest post from you

Though the forum has been really slow for me

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/14/2017 at 7:27 PM, MoonSpot said:

Oh ho ho, now this is the sort of mod everyone can get behind.

Thane Weapons Reborn by Icecreamassassin

82152-0-1487007498.jpg

Look forward to trying it.  Though I am not keen on the models or textures as they appear on the nexus page.

Ho hum, I think Icecreamassassins mod may have just lost a fight it didn't know it was in.

Zim's Immersive Artifacts by Zim

81036-0-1488133384.jpg

This one is QUITE comprehensive.  Is a fairly ginormous replacer of unique weapons and gear found in the game, but not necessarily visual replacers for all(or most).  Primarily its a fix of sorts to thane weapons and daedric artifacts, by making their enchantments worth a salt while remaining lore and gameplay friendly(or so thats the authors intent)

There's are a lot to check out, so check out the page and perhaps a lot to think about for those whom have been using other replacers.

Pretty interesting resource created by an LL user.  Long and short of it is that its an Armour catalogue linking to various sources for mods on the net.  It has a filter system in place to boot, so if ya only want to see male armour options, that'll be what you get (well mostly, shit happens).  If nothing else it's a neat thing to peruse to come across some armour sets ya might not have ever seen before.

https://eskrimmods.blogspot.com/

I made a blog that contain 620+ Armor from nexus and other websites and added large tag system with filter feature that can filter one or multi tags.

Think it goes without saying that this users tool neither shies away from risqué pieces or entirely focuses on them, nor is it all encompassing.  Can however be rather handy.

On 3/19/2017 at 4:04 AM, MoonSpot said:

Pretty interesting resource created by an LL user.  Long and short of it is that its an Armour catalogue linking to various sources for mods on the net.  It has a filter system in place to boot, so if ya only want to see male armour options, that'll be what you get (well mostly, shit happens).  If nothing else it's a neat thing to peruse to come across some armour sets ya might not have ever seen before.

https://eskrimmods.blogspot.com/

Think it goes without saying that this users tool neither shies away from risqué pieces or entirely focuses on them, nor is it all encompassing.  Can however be rather handy.

Oh wow now this is superbly handy xD

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Pohernori You giving Last Seed a go, waiting for a more refined iteration, or not your cup of tea?

5 hours ago, MoonSpot said:

@Pohernori You giving Last Seed a go, waiting for a more refined iteration, or not your cup of tea?

I have it downloaded but its not in my priority list 

Looks like windows 10 is gonna get the 4GB dx9 fix. Apparently, the hard limit was there because during the win 8 era(as already known for sometime), an API in d3d9 will crap itself once it went over 4GB. So, rather than solve it the team just went "Oh, we'll just set a hard limit"   

there's an API available in D3D9 which is completely broken if we allow more than 4GB to be used. Since this API can only return a limit of 4GB, we had to rationalize what it means to be able to allocate more than that. In the Win8 timeframe, the rationalization was that it didn't make sense and 4GB should be a hard limit in D3D9 - which was apparently the wrong answer, since at least some apps depended on more than that. Hopefully we get it right this time.

I'll tell you what alright, this is the fuckin reason people get fired. Rather then going "oh we should solve it" they went with the same reasoning that I use in my projects. "I'll lose sleep trying to solve this problem, I'll just find a work around".

That's what happens when people like me work on shit. But then again, this problem probably wouldn't have high enough of a priority to have been fixed when the team was busy with win 10 and 8.1.  

Though, this just means one less reason to switch over to SSE. Still even with this improving stability on oldrim for win 10. SSE will still be vastly superior in stability(note stability NOT mod support).  

• 4 weeks later...

WICO - Windsong Immersive Character Overhaul by Provisioncore and Windsong , has been remade.

Probably the single best character overhaul pack, much better looking character models while retaining faithful to lore and realism.  If you're starting a new load order and/or do not already have a ton of NPC replacers and body meshes installed, this is the mod you want as your base at least.

84898-6-1498467504.jpg

84898-2-1498467193.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

maxresdefault.jpg

One thing that every artifact collector loathes about the Dawnguard addon is that both versions of the questline have mutually exclusive artifacts, meaning that you will always be locked out of acquiring some unique items no matter which path you choose. No longer. This mod adds an extra quest to each side of the questline which will lead you to the artifacts that would have been lost forever in the vanilla game.

Dawnguard and Clan Volkihar Epilogues by SkyLover264 and Kelsenellenelvian

tumblr_o879rvyI3E1ql6i9zo1_500.gif

author of bijin retiring again? 

2 hours ago, Pohernori said:

author of bijin retiring again? 

Not that I'm aware of, what makes you say that?

2 minutes ago, MoonSpot said:

Not that I'm aware of, what makes you say that?

Saw a thread on "that other forum". 

It does say so on the author's page

I'm retired from modding now so Personal messenger is disable.

You are allowed to port my mods to Skyrim SE in Nexus without permission as long as you credit me.

Thanks.

57 minutes ago, Pohernori said:

Saw a thread on "that other forum". 

It does say so on the author's page

:( yea, looks like it.  Hope they're doing well.

Wonder why they never put their mods on LL.  Though to be fair I am only wondering this now that nexus has some 300+ cookies and several scripts that it wants to run which even browsers security are flagging as hostile.  Something dark is a foot.

7 minutes ago, MoonSpot said:

Though to be fair I am only wondering this now that nexus has some 300+ cookies and several scripts that it wants to run which even browsers security are flagging as hostile.  Something dark is a foot.

JJhhX3W.png

• 2 weeks later...

Oh shit!  What are we gonna do now!?

86631-3-1505191956.png
Something evil's watching over you.
Comin' from the sky above,
and there's nothing you can do.

Prepare to strike,
there'll be no place to run.
When your caught within the grip,
of the evil UNICRON!

Transformers - Unicron - Masser replacer by superscrungus

• 2 months later...