Cheap air cooler

shirokado

Well my h100i broke.(the Blue and green LED is dead) so i need to order a cheap aircooler before i send my h100i in, any suggestions. prefer it to be easy to install and cheap./

im ordering from newegg as i can get free 2 day shipping there.

Fractal Design Define R4 | MSI x79a-GD45 | 3960X @ 4.6Ghz | Lots of EK Blocks | EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4x4) DDR3 1866 | Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD | Western Digital Red 2TB x4 (Raid 10) | Corsair AX760 | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

i here the hyper 212 is good for the money

Main Rig: CPU: 3570k Mobo: ga-z77x-ud5h-wb :RAM: 8gb kingson ddr3 1600 :gpu crossfire amd 290's Case: zalman z9 plus Cooler: h80i p/p SSD: nutron 120gb HDD: 2tb wd green 4tb seagate desktop                                              

Girlfirends: CPU: 8350 Mobo 990fxa-ud3 Ram 8gb kingson ddr3 1600 gpu: his 7850 case: inwin dragon rider SSD: nutron 120gb HDD: 2tb seagate                                                                                                                                         

i here the hyper 212 is good for the money

+1

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

hyper 212 it is. any differeence between plus and evo. all i can see is evo has a transparent fan and the heatpipes are close together

Fractal Design Define R4 | MSI x79a-GD45 | 3960X @ 4.6Ghz | Lots of EK Blocks | EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4x4) DDR3 1866 | Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD | Western Digital Red 2TB x4 (Raid 10) | Corsair AX760 | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

hyper 212 it is. any differeence between plus and evo. all i can see is evo has a transparent fan and the heatpipes are close together

For the heatpipe reason, you should go for the Evo.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Hyper 212 is a good choice but I would recommend getting the Xigmatek Dark Knight, it performs better than the H80 and close to the H100 according to Tek Syndicate.

CPU: AMD FX-6100 Black Edition @3.9GHz GPU: XFX 7970 DD (1062/1520 MHz) MOBO: ASUS Sabertooth 990FXA(1st Revision) RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB @ 1333MHz Storage: Corsair Force 3 120GB(Boot) + WD Green 1TB(storage) PSU: FSP AURUM 600W(80+ Gold) CPU Cooler: Cryorig M9a  Case: NZXT Tempst 410 Elite(Mid-Tower) Mouse: Logitech G602(Manufacturer Refurbished) Keyboard: Noppoo Choc Mini(Cherry MX Blue) AUDIO:Sennheiser HD 598+ASUS Xonar DGX Monitor: LG M2280DF 21.5" 1080p(TN-75Hz)

dont you have a stock cooler laying around? 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

Hyper 212 is a good choice but I would recommend getting the Xigmatek Dark Knight, it performs better than the H80 and close to the H100 according to Tek Syndicate.

well just by looking at the form factor, and linus's cpu cooling test video's numbers. i have to assume that it doesnt perform better then h100.(i guess i forgot to mention i have 4 noctua nf-f12s which i will be using)

dont you have a stock cooler laying around? 

i kind of... threw it away. 

I would just get the Hyper 212 Evo if you want to cool your cpu if it is overclocked. You can get a stock Intel cpu heatsink from other brands which is really cheap if you just want something to cool your cpu.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Cooler master blizzard t2. Best bang 4 your buck. All that matters are the copper heatpipes. The rest is just marketing

Hyper 212 EVO from Cooler Master.

| i5-4670k @ 4.2Ghz | Corsair H100i | Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H | Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB | ASUS Geforce GTX 770 |

| Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | WD Black 1TB | Corsair AX760 | Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/ Window | Corsair AF140 x2 |

| Windows 8.1 | ASUS 23" 1080p monitor | CM Storm Quickfire Stealth- MX Blue | Logitech G9x | Logitech G930 |

the hyper 212 evo is for $30 and for like $22 you can get the respire t40 which isn't as good, but is a little cheaper if you just need it while you are RMAing your h100i