Intel Core i7 5820K Giveaway

WOWWW! it would definitely help me in my video editing jobs and also i'll be able to build gaming pc with this bad boy! thanks for this giveaway! :)

I would use it to take over the world (of Mordor).

I would be so happy if I win the 5820k because I really want to get into 3d creatives/animations and also making games I will also be editing videos (omfg who would have thought??!??!!??) because I work for a local real estate agent. The other most obvious thing I would be using it for is gaming, I have also raised 550$ for my build so far ;D

Hello forum,

its Josh here, and I don't really know what to say other than please?

I am trying to get into serious 3D modeling and animation using tools such as Blender and the Educational Autodesk Suite, but I only have an HP laptop

with an old Intel i5 and integrated graphics :( . So, as you would expect, my rendering times are 15 hrs and up. I really would like to have a new desktop PC,

and I plan on building a new one on boxing day. But since I am in high school, I don't have a huge budget..($1200), so I cannot fit in a 5820K into my budget. But boy oh boy, those extra cores and power would really help me get my scholarship projects done! I am planning on designing and building a new series of green-energy passenger planes as well as a new section to my school. And since this would be my first computer build, I would be EXTREMELY thankful if I won this!!!! And if my scholarship projects win, I could get a dream scholarships and fulfill my dreams of becoming an aerospace engineer! So, this contest means a lot to me.

Thanks Intel and LinusTechTips for giving us this opportunity!

Good luck to all who entered  :) 

Joshua Bergen

Grade 11

Abbotsford, BC, Canada

Here are some projects I finished last year -->

post-173750-0-36037400-1419315672_thumb.

post-173750-0-05578600-1419315706_thumb.

post-173750-0-57080800-1419315754_thumb.

Cheers!

I'd throw it in my x99 motherboard I just ordered because I plan on buying one but if I can put that cash for the CPU elsewhere :) going from a single core two threads to 6 cores 12 threads will be fantastic

I'd throw it in my x99 motherboard I just ordered because I plan on buying one but if I can put that cash for the CPU elsewhere :) going from a single core two threads to 6 cores 12 threads will be fantastic. Also put my 32gb ddr4 to use

Ill be using this in my planned build this Christmas. I am going to be building my first pc this Christmas and If i get this cpu It will save me some money and I will be able to upgrade my motherboard or graphics card I have planned :D

Planning to build a workstation.. Would be lucky if I get this one :)

:D 

Would be awesome to have this cpu as a welcome addition to my new gaming rig!

I would like the 5820k to overclock it and heat up my room so I don't have to power on the central heating :D

First time building an PC. I would be bless to have this opportunity

Thanks A lot  

I would sell it because i live in Venezuela that means that buying products(to upgrade my system for this cpu) in usd is very very very expensive. And what would i do with the money? I will give a Hell of a gift to my girlfriend. She turns 20 on 17 Jan.

I've got some money saved up since my last build so I'd start a nice new LGA2011 build with a STRIX 980, gotta be ready for the Rift. Already have my H100i to cool it off, but I might buy a noctua heatsink for the first time, or I might as wel go for a custom loop in which case I wouldn't need the STRIX 980, would I? :D

Looking forward to that DDR4 tho'.

Intel 4770k@4.6GHz, ASUS ROG Maximus VI Hero, Kingston HyperX Beast 2x8GB 2400MHz CL11, Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming, Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB - RAID0 (2x120Gb), 2xWD 1TB (Blue and Green), Corsair H100i, Corsair AX860, CoolerMaster HAF X, ASUS STRIX Tactic pro, Logitech G400S, HyperX Cloud II, Logitech X530, Acer Predator X34.

Good luck I hope I win. If i do i want to test it to see how much better is it than my i7 4770k.

The question is why wouldn't I want this CPU. Its just great all around

i would oc the shit out of this chip

Case: Corsair Carbide 540 Air, CPU/MOBO : I5-4690K @4.4GHz (stable) on Kraken x61 AIO Cooler, MSI Gaming 9 AC, Ram : Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB 1866, GPU : AMD R9-290 4GB Ref with G10 Kraken Bracket and x61 AIO Cooler, Storage : 2x Samsung 168GB SSD in Raid 0, 1x WD 4TB Black HDD, PSU : Seasonic Platinum 1200W

https://imageshack.com/i/exwScEj7j 

Keyboard : Razer BlackWidow Ultimate, Mouse : Razer Ouroboros, M/Pad : Razer Goliathus Control (Extended), Sound : Astro A40 Headset W/ MixAmp Pro / Harman Kardon 2.1 Soundstick III