How To Grow Your Mustache In the Middle

c00face

Like most men, I enjoy having a beard. But my mustache, there are no hair in the middle - at least half of an inch is absence. I can see development of the hair growing slowly, so I'm sure it'll eventually grow out as I grow older. But I don't want to wait til 10-20 years before hair actually become visible in this area. Is there a way to promote healther hair growth, some sort of neat trick to get the hair to start growing faster, and to accelerate the process?

How old are you?

And as counter-intuitive as it is, shaving makes hair grow back faster and thicker. 

Source: I'm someone who hates facial hair and has to remove it daily.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

How old are you?

And as counter-intuitive as it is, shaving makes hair grow back faster and thicker. 

http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-living/adult-health/expert-answers/hair-removal/faq-20058427

No — shaving hair doesn't change its thickness, color or rate of growth.

Shaving facial or body hair gives the hair a blunt tip. The tip might feel coarse or "stubbly" for a time as it grows out. During this phase, the hair might be more noticeable and perhaps appear darker or thicker — but it's not.

This is but a very widespread myth, shaving does not change rate or quantity of growth.  :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Linus

Like most men, I enjoy having a beard. But my mustache, there are no hair in the middle - at least half of an inch is absence. I can see development of the hair growing slowly, so I'm sure it'll eventually grow out as I grow older. But I don't want to wait til 10-20 years before hair actually become visible in this area. Is there a way to promote healther hair growth, some sort of neat trick to get the hair to start growing faster, and to accelerate the process?

Nothing you can do really. Some people claim vitamins and supplements can help, but there isn't any proof. Just leave it 8 weeks, if it looks silly, shave it off and then don't shave for another 8 weeks, how I got mine.

How old are you?

Completely false xD

Ask hitler. 

article-2718400-204925A700000578-303_634

Hitler had a full blown mustache. Only shaved the end of his mustache due to sealing issues on his gas mask that he had to wear. The toothbrush mustache he had - wasn't natural. The above picture is his real mustache and how it actually looked.

If you're 26 and you haven't grown hair somewhere it's not going to grow there.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

-Pic_

Hitler had a full blown mustache. Only shaved the end of his mustache due to sealing issues on his gas mask that he had to wear. The toothbrush mustache he had - wasn't natural. The above picture is his real mustache and how it actually looked.

I was always told that it was because he idolised Charlie Chaplin.

At least you can grow some of a mustache. Everything on my face is negligible tiny hairs, however I can grow a humongous neck-beard in a matter of weeks. It blows.

Corsair 5000D / Intel Core i7 12700k / Noctua NH-D15 / MSI Z690 Pro-Wifi DDR4 / RTX 3080 Ti Founder's Edition / 16GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 MHz / EVGA SuperNova 650w / Samsung 850 Pro EVO 256GB / ADATA SX8200 Pro / MSI Mag 274QRF-QD / LG CX 55" / Logitech G-Pro Wireless

My father shaves every morning and when going to bed he could just as well shave again, but he doesn't want facial hair.

I can not shave for a week and only have a little pube-beard... and I would love a full beard myself.

Life is unfair.

So many things I could write here... things like this.

Perhaps I should shave that forest on my ass and glue it on my chin :lol:

So many things I could write here... things like this.

Bosley?

CPU: Intel core i5-3570k / Motherboard: MSI Z77 MPOWER / GPU: MSI GTX 660 Ti PE x2 in SLI / Memory: Corsair Vengeance 16GB / Power supply: Seasonic x750 with individually sleeved cables / Case: Cooler Master Storm Stryker / Cooling: H100i / Storage: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD and 1TB Western Digital HDD 

Actually when not grown my beard is sort of patchy. It took a while but I have compensated for that as well as patchy stache with length: it is long enough that I get nice coverage now and it looks more even now even though it's not

-------

Current Rig

-------

A dab of pure coconut oil everyday. That thing can definitely help you grow any hair faster and makes them stronger and healthier too. You just have to bear with the smell a bit.

• 2 years later...
On 12/12/2014 at 1:18 AM, Shroomster said:
On 12/12/2014 at 1:15 AM, ThatCoolBlueKidd said:

This is an urban myth, my friend.

On 12/12/2014 at 1:19 AM, linusforsell said:

This is but a very widespread myth, shaving does not change rate or quantity of growth.  :rolleyes:

On 12/12/2014 at 1:28 AM, twoscoops said:

Nothing you can do really. Some people claim vitamins and supplements can help, but there isn't any proof. Just leave it 8 weeks, if it looks silly, shave it off and then don't shave for another 8 weeks, how I got mine.

Completely false xD

Well, you guys should update my follicles about the myth. They obviously did not get the memo, and now I have a patch of very long and very thick hairs on one of my arms. 

Been rockin' a full goatee for the past, erm, 10(?) years and I basically have the same problem.

Best way of going around it is just letting it grow, trim the mustache so you don't end up eating it (ugh.) and just waiting.

I had a spot under my chin that was as smooth as a CPU die and it eventually filled itself up by just giving it time.

Shaving doesn't make it grow faster or thicker. That's just a myth.

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

On 12/12/2014 at 2:13 AM, Supermangik said:

Im growing mine to look like Leonardo deCrapeo in The Reverant

as others in the cast i m also including the new uk teaser poster ...

The Revenant’ Star Leonardo DiCaprio Risks Life And Limb To ...