Mineral Oil PC Kit Giveaway

The news about the patent is garbage, it's a very popular scheme in the cigar market as well. I wish you guys luck in your future endeavors and should I win I will be very pleased to purchase the oil immediately and showcase your artwork appropriately. Thanks and good luck!

Hmmm.... Building a mineral oil PC has been my dream since I first saw it on this channel when Linus hired Luke...

If I were to win It would be years before I could possibly have the money to actually build a system.

Feedback anyone? Should I enter? If the verdict is no I'll willingly delete this post. I just don't what the case to end up going to waste or to not be used for so long. 

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

Only Abate, Axe, and Wobbles can save us.

I already have a couple gallons of mineral oil.  Would love to have a tank signed by all of you.  Would do a how to on building it also.

Thanks,

Jason

I would love to win either size of this case! I am working on multiple builds right now and would love to turn one of them into a beast.

Mineral oil pc's are really cool and this may be the only chance left to get one of these, so here goes!

Sucks there has to be a giveaway under these circumstances but Pudget is awesome. Loved watching the tour Jerry did and their crazy attention to detail. I have wanted to do a mineral oil build sense seeing slicks in the original video. I really want to do a mini itx htpc build. It would look so cool on my tv stand. 

If these were still available, I would have one in a second, may be expensive but it saves the headache of trying to build a computer in a fish tank. Unfortunate that they had to discontinue this line because of the patent trolls, there don't seem to be any other products even similar to this out there. 

I have watched many videos from Linus, however seeing what Puget is going threw made me want to make an account to show my support. I think this would be a great project and would love the chance to build one.

Its a shame that they are going out of business, and we hope to see someone like them come up again.

we are a newly founded company we do graphic design, video, and photo editing. We, as a company, would love to aquire one of these rigs in order to benefit our company. we are currently running on the bare minimum, and we need to upgrade our workstations. These kits would allow us to keep our rigs cooled during overclocking, and stable during any video editing.

Hello, i am a individual who does small photo, and video editing projects. I play games such as Battlefield, and far cry, and borderlands.
My current system is lacking in a few areas, and i am planning to build a new computer soon. With this Mineral oil kit, i could adequately cool my system, while overclocking to get the extra push out of my system.

Man this sucks! I remember YEARS ago when they announced and built these in the first place and it was just really awesome to see a boutique builder get in to this kind of thing!

Me and a coworker saw the give away and instantly knew we wanted one. Planning on putting it in use, and on display as our primary tech PC at work :) Can't so much say where but would gladly post pictures when done!

Thanks Linus and Puget!

I have been slowly working on upgrading my pc and switching out old parts from a stock one. I'm down to the motherboard and ram to go. I'd love to put the whole PC in one of these bad boys.

Thanks Linus!

Patent trolls ruin everything. :(

I'd love to get one of those kits. It royally sucks that you guys can't do legitimate business anymore with your Mineral Oil PC Kits, they're super awesome.

I would definitely like to try it, I just need some hardware actually worthy of sitting in there for a few years.

I'd really like a mini-ITX kit. I could put an APU or a Kabini Athlon in it and have a cool rig to take to QuakeCon! :D

It's a shame about the patent troll. Hope someone comes around to making a workaround.

Cheers!

It's disappointing to hear of more patent trolling, and sad to hear that you have had to stop production and sales of one of your product lines, but thank you for making them in the first place and giving away your remaining stock.

I would be happy to receive a mini ITX kit as I have been planning to do a mini ITX build for a while and I find mineral cooling quite intriguing. I do have the means to make a new system, but I am quite inexperienced with full builds (I mostly just replace parts and troubleshoot for aging relatives) and the build I am planning will be my first. I mostly just hope that whoever wins will post a build log in the forums to show us all what wonderful things can be done with your product.

Thank you again for the giveaway and good luck with your future endeavors.

SIGN ME UP!! Happy with either size, but the bigger they are the more stuff you can fit in them!

I first learned about these "aquarium pc's" as I called it, just last year when a close friend ordered and built one from Puget. Naturally I was, and still am, jealous of his unique computer.

I hope that this legal road block doesn't stop Puget as a company because they enable us techies to have loads of fun! If I had the proper funds, or savvy, one of my many project would be a computer that also filters the air in the room (I have dust allergies). [better yet a mineral oil air purifying PC!!] Do this please.

It's sad, but I look forward to seeing what the people of Puget Systems do next.

I would love the MATX kit :D I've been eyeing those kits forever, but the price in addition to already having a fully functional air cooled pc....I couldn't justify it. Good luck to all! 

I would love to do a mini-ITX build with one of these. Build log incoming.... ;)

You are free, act like it~Warfairy. Moar guns. B) #3Dprinting

:D Hey its rell love the vids you make and this giveaway your having the mineral oil pc build was awsome and i would love to make one just as good maybe better coming from Cincinnati Ohio home of the Bengals, Reds + Cleveland cavs ,browns and IIndians Puget systems really inspired me to make a sports related oil pc home of the Bengaled tiger can it get more awsome for the designs ^_^!!!!!! Would love to see puget systems maybe figure out a more better way to engulf the system to last as long as 20 years.would Love to have a MATX kit for a big build to be impresive and show you guys when im done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the opportunity PUGET SYSTEMS SORRY FOR THE TROLLS HOPE TO SEE U SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thx LINUS AND TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ^_^ 

Been looking into mineral oil cooling for a while, (actually found this thread through window shopping and fantasizing) however being a student in university has me on the less than wealthy side of the tracks. I have most of my components ready for a build and am ready to take the plunge with mineral cooling and would love to put in the time that this hobby would require. Hopefully the patent dispute will work out and even if I don't win the giveaway I will be able to invest in one of these kits in the near future. I'm glad that there are more people interested in this than I had previously anticipated. Thanks for getting the word out, you've gained one more fan! 

This is so awesome! Computer cases like these are very unique and make a great conversation piece with fellow PC enthusiasts. Thank you linus tech tips for offering this giveaway, best luck to everyone! If I win I promise to make youtube videos of the assembly, as well as continued updates as I add to the build.

I'd personally be fine with either size.  These systems are really what got me into PC building, I first saw the mineral cooled PC that slick built, and decided that I wanted to build my own PC, and I've just saved up enough recently and would love it if you guys could send me one.  I'm really sorry about the patent problems, nobody deserves to have their own work ruined by others, especially though a system that's meant to help people.  Thanks,

Adam

Man Mineral oil is freaking expensive. I can understand why this is enthusiast level stuff. You gotta be crazy to want to spend this kind of money on a computer. Lucky for me I already fit that description. I also already have a computer that this would be perfect for. In fact, I have a mini-itx and a micro-atx computer, both of which would be perfect.

However I would totally prefer the M-ATX case if at all possible. If I am to put my little mini-itx computer into one of these, I would want to do it custom. More specifically I would want to make a custom case on my own, and have that computer exist just for fun and a media viewing computer. It wouldn't get to see the enthusiast level usage that these cases deserve.

The M-ATX case I could do something with though. Rendering computer ftw. Also folding at home.

Here's my entry.... But it says continental US and I'm in Hawaii.  If you're willing to ship to Hawaii I'm in.

Was already planning to do one and then Puget gets hit by the patent trolls.  Too bad.  Basically need to win this since I'm not going to take the chance on using a glass tank.  I have two cats so I'm sure it would only be a matter of time before they break the glass.