"What key switch should I get?" - Look here!

From my personal experience I love browns. The quiz gave me reds.

I wasn't sure about some of the wording in the questions and often found myself trying to find a distinction between different answers.

Results may very.

But overall pretty cool.

What sort of wording got you a bit confused? I've been trying to perfect the quiz for some time now and making it easy to use would benefit everybody.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

What sort of wording got you a bit confused? I've been trying to perfect the quiz for some time now and making it easy to use would benefit everybody.

I think the wording is better on 2 now. 

I also feel that the answers don't always satisfy my feeling for the given scenario.

I think it was question 3

I personally have a medium typing pressure and while I like the dull noise I get from actuation and bottoming out, I don't feel there is an answer that adequately separates itself from the sound that would be used to define blues. 

And finally just the weighting of the answers. Retaking the quiz I got blacks, which neglected me saying that I like the tactile feel and quiet(I chose the quiet cuz I figured the quiet but tactile were the browns) key type.

I think the quiz is getting better and hope you continue to develop this. This can be an excellent tool for people new to mechanical keyboard.

Thank you for taking feedback.

Halfbreed

I think the wording is better on 2 now. 

I also feel that the answers don't always satisfy my feeling for the given scenario.

I think it was question 3

I personally have a medium typing pressure and while I like the dull noise I get from actuation and bottoming out, I don't feel there is an answer that adequately separates itself from the sound that would be used to define blues. 

And finally just the weighting of the answers. Retaking the quiz I got blacks, which neglected me saying that I like the tactile feel and quiet(I chose the quiet cuz I figured the quiet but tactile were the browns) key type.

I think the quiz is getting better and hope you continue to develop this. This can be an excellent tool for people new to mechanical keyboard.

Thank you for taking feedback.

No problem!

One thing that I wish I could do was assign two switches to one answer, but unfortunately I can assign two switches to the same answer and have to do a result for each switch...

Also, if you need medium force and tactile and quiet thumping, Clears are for you.

And what's been really bothering me is that there's so few questions. I need more. If you can think of any, that would be awesome.

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

No problem!

One thing that I wish I could do was assign two switches to one answer, but unfortunately I can assign two switches to the same answer and have to do a result for each switch...

Also, if you need medium force and tactile and quiet thumping, Clears are for you.

And what's been really bothering me is that there's so few questions. I need more. If you can think of any, that would be awesome.

Something to consider would be to go through other vendor or, if you wanted to be a total badass, write your own program. Best of luck with your noble endeavor 

Halfbreed

Something to consider would be to go through other vendor or, if you wanted to be a total badass, write your own program. Best of luck with your noble endeavor 

I doesn't have programming skils... Sawwy.

I've tried red, bowns, and blues. I bought a Razer Blackwidow...returned it... Now I'm typing here very happily from a Logitech G710+ with Browns. I've taken the quiz twice and have gotten the red switch recommendation which is a bit odd. I checked the box that I like quiet, but tactile. But yeah just letting you know what I got!

I've tried red, bowns, and blues. I bought a Razer Blackwidow...returned it... Now I'm typing here very happily from a Logitech G710+ with Browns. I've taken the quiz twice and have gotten the red switch recommendation which is a bit odd. I checked the box that I like quiet, but tactile. But yeah just letting you know what I got!

Which answers on each question did you choose? This would help a lot. 

Also, you never know, you may actually really like reds!

Which answers on each question did you choose? This would help a lot. 

Also, you never know, you may actually really like reds!

I had answered that I like tactile, quiet keys, I do 60%-80% gaming, I prefer no noise and and mostly game with occasional typing, and that I've never seen that keyboard... I have heard of it. I did just take it again though and got browns lol. But yeah good quiz. I wish I had seen this thread before I bought the Razer Blackwidow. I knew what I was getting into but the blues/razer greens weren't for me. I'm much happier with browns and the rubber rings the G710+ comes with.

I had answered that I like tactile, quiet keys, I do 60%-80% gaming, I prefer no noise and and mostly game with occasional typing, and that I've never seen that keyboard... I have heard of it. I did just take it again though and got browns lol. But yeah good quiz. I wish I had seen this thread before I bought the Razer Blackwidow. I knew what I was getting into but the blues/razer greens weren't for me. I'm much happier with browns and the rubber rings the G710+ comes with.

Well, glad you got something that works for you. I must ask, did you TRY to get browns on the second try because, although I understand completely, it can skew answers a bit.

But at least you got back to me on what answers you chose. That does help a lot. I'll look into editing it.

Well, glad you got something that works for you. I must ask, did you TRY to get browns on the second try because, although I understand completely, it can skew answers a bit.

But at least you got back to me on what answers you chose. That does help a lot. I'll look into editing it.

I took it like 5 times, and I put in the answers somewhat different each time and got 3 reds 1 black, and lastly I got browns putting in answers which I had previously thought would give me red as a test. But it is accurate saying reds would be good. I tried reds and loved them. I just love browns a bit more. xD

I took it like 5 times, and I put in the answers somewhat different each time and got 3 reds 1 black, and lastly I got browns putting in the which I had previously though I put in. But it is accurate saying reds would be good. I tried reds and loved them. I just love browns a bit more. xD

That's good to know.  I'll keep that in mind while editing it. Thanks!

Ok, my original answers were 1,2,4,2,7 and that gave me the reds. 

Ok, my original answers were 1,2,4,2,7 and that gave me the reds. 

K, I edited it around a bit more. Check it out.

Cool guide! I have had blue and black so far. I think I want to try red for my new keyboard which is gonna KBC poker II

Cool guide! I have had blue and black so far. I think I want to try red for my new keyboard which is gonna KBC poker II

Pokers are pretty sweg I gotta say.

I just need my arrow keys.

Pokers are pretty sweg I gotta say.

I just need my arrow keys.

Fn WASD FTW! will probably take some time to get used to I supposed. But all in honesty I was actually thinking of Leopold FC660M just because I wanted arrow keys. Still kinda debating. Oh btw, do you know anything about their LED Lighting version of the keycaps having shittier quality than the regular non-LED version. or is that just a rumour

Fn WASD FTW! will probably take some time to get used to I supposed. But all in honesty I was actually thinking of Leopold FC660M just because I wanted arrow keys. Still kinda debating. Oh btw, do you know anything about their LED Lighting version of the keycaps having shittier quality than the regular non-LED version. or is that just a rumour

Honestly, no idea about that whole keycap thing. I know switches best, not keyboard rumors xD

Might wanna start a new thread about that my friend!

Got Blues. I find it weird though that as per the description its not really best for gaming since more than anything else I use my PC to game. The clicky and tactile feel is spot on but are Blues really not that great for gaming?

With this, if I want the similar/at-par clicky and tactile feel, what would be the best alternative switch for me?

Intel i5 4460 || Deepcool Gammaxx S40 || Gigabyte H97 Gaming 3 || Corsair Vengeance 2x4gb DDR3 1600 CL9 || Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming || WD Caviar Blue 1TB || Asus 24x DVDRW OEM || Bitfenix Comrade Window White || Asus VX239h || Razer Blackwidow 2013 || Razer Deathadder Chroma || Windows 8.1 x64 SL || Crucial M550 256gb || Deepcool RGB Led Controller

Got Blues. I find it weird though that as per the description its not really best for gaming since more than anything else I use my PC to game. The clicky and tactile feel is spot on but are Blues really not that great for gaming?

With this, if I want the similar/at-par clicky and tactile feel, what would be the best alternative switch for me?

its still good for gaming. Just feels a lot better typing.

What about for frequent double-tapping, are Blues still good?

Intel i5 4460 || Deepcool Gammaxx S40 || Gigabyte H97 Gaming 3 || Corsair Vengeance 2x4gb DDR3 1600 CL9 || Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming || WD Caviar Blue 1TB || Asus 24x DVDRW OEM || Bitfenix Comrade Window White || Asus VX239h || Razer Blackwidow 2013 || Razer Deathadder Chroma || Windows 8.1 x64 SL || Crucial M550 256gb || Deepcool RGB Led Controller

Browns are tactile but not clicky. They're "better" (matter of personal choice of course) than blues for gaming because of actuation force.

But only blues and greens are "clicky" and greens are so heavy that it's hard to see anybody gaming on them. Blacks have a good, dull thunk that can satisfy the noise need but that would be about it.

What about for frequent double-tapping, are Blues still good?

Linear switches are best for that. Blacks (heavier) and reds (very light) are super easy to double tap because there's no set reset point like tactile switches.

EDIT: If you like blues, keep on using those though. Don't get different switches because I'm telling you about the different switches. Use what you like. I say reds are best for gaming because double-tapping is easy, but some may like heavier, tactile blues (like you) because that's just what they like. If you like using Reds for typing, you do you. If you love to smash those greens when you snipe somebody in games, more power to you.

I added some other switches to the topic post in case Cherry switches don't satisfy some. This is becoming a much bigger endeavor than I originally thought it would...