Corsair Carbide Series Air 540 - The Perfect Case?

I just saw the Carbide 540 by Corsair and it's just like the Caselabs cases but dirt cheaper! The way that the PSU, optical drives and ssd's are hidden, is just amazing! Just imagine a Tri-Sli WC Build with acrylic tubing in that! It would look soooo clean!

Anyways what do you guys think? Is this the perfect case (for the money) or is it just another new design that people won't buy?

b8aee8dd_17d.jpeg

a0408fd1_17a.jpeg

(Images from Overclock.net)

Not doing it for me, I think it looks quite ugly and isn't that revolutionary.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

Sure its a good idea having the power supply and hard drives at the back but dear god the case is ugly.  

True. It is basically a box but all that space it has..two dual 280 rads.. If only it was aluminum and the outside was a bit better looking..but that would raise the cost..

Not particularly appealing indeed. I'd say the insides are pretty solid and so is the size and shape. But texture, color and aesthetic features don't work for me.

I have to say I really like it, maybe not the most beautiful design, but quite an interesting layout. Seems to have a window on the side to boot.

It seems a bit inefficient. Especially, I think they could have fitted either way more HDD cages or way more ODD bays. The latter would be better as you could use a backplane to turn it into HDD hotswap if you wanted.

But the case itself is easily the best thing Corsair has done in the last few years. The material may be a bit meh, and it may be a bit boring, but at least it's not fail black brushed aluminium. The window is also an excellent size and thankfully doesn't have a retarded swooping shape or lame fan grills in it.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Ugly side would happen to be on the front :(, Much prefer the 330 if I'd to pick one of the two.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

yeah i loved it so much i ordered it on corsair. maybe ill beat linus to an unboxing. ill have to use my phone though lol.

Here is where I would keep my frolics if I had any.

Looks server grade to me, not convinced.

Akula  | Dimastech Test Bench | Watercooled | Tri GTX 680's | Build of the Week

Mercury | Caselabs Mercury S3 | Watercooled | GTX Titan | Build of the Week

Armada | Define R4 Titanium | Watercooled | EK Waterblocks | Newest Buildlog

Not particularly appealing indeed. I'd say the insides are pretty solid and so is the size and shape. But texture, color and aesthetic features don't work for me.

yeah it was the insides and the water cooling options that sold me. not so much the look. im going to see about modding the grills.

Here is where I would keep my frolics if I had any.

I like it but I am also a silence freak so idk if I could live with the noise. For pure performance it looks like it would be great for air cooling.

CPU-[i5 3570k-4.6ghz at 1.33v]  GPU-[4gb Zotac GTX 680 1126 core 6800 mem]   MOBO-[Gigabyte Z77 UD4H]   PSU-[Corsair TX 650]   RAM-[2x8gb DDR3 1333 GSkill Ripjaws X]   Case-[Corsair 550D (2xNoctua NF-F12, 1xNoctua NF-A14 intake, 1xNoctua NF-A14 exhaust)]   CPU Cooler-[Noctua NH D14]   Boot Drive-[Crucial m4 256GB SSD]   Game Drive-[500GB Western Digital Caviar Black]   Storage Drive-[2.5" 500GB Western Digital Scorpio Black]   Sound Card-[Asus Xonar DG]   Optical Drive-[Lite-On IHAS-124]  Monitor-[Dell U2312HM] Keyboard-[CM Storm Quickfire Rapid-Brown Switches] Mouse-[Logitech G400] Speakers-[Klipsch Promedia 2.1 THX]

I prefer the 350D over this case its just idk weird looking

Says the googly-eyed batman...

I like the industrial design, but it better be backed up by some good build quality....although it looks like too much plastic.  Although the $140 price tag is a plus.  I'm most intrigued by the functionality and hope other manufacturers create non-tower full ATX cases.

It seems a bit inefficient. Especially, I think they could have fitted either way more HDD cages or way more ODD bays. The latter would be better as you could use a backplane to turn it into HDD hotswap if you wanted.

But the case itself is easily the best thing Corsair has done in the last few years. The material may be a bit meh, and it may be a bit boring, but at least it's not fail black brushed aluminium. The window is also an excellent size and thankfully doesn't have a retarded swooping shape or lame fan grills in it.

I think the point of not having that stuff in there was ti have 100% unrestricted air coming from the intakes.  Basically take a look at the FT03.  Take a look at the 2 unrestricted fans.  That is what they were going for without rotating the mobo.  Appearently their numbers justify doing it that way in testing so I would not call it insufficient.  Looks to be plenty of room for drives for the typical user.  Two easy to place mechanicals and easy room for a few SSDs.  

My biggest knock on the case is the way the top and front sections are with the thick plastic "lines".  I would have rather seen something like say the front and top of the fractal arc midi,  or the front of the 650D from Corsair in that area.  I think it would have looked MUCH cleaner and much more professional.  

will prob buy! its like a cheaper caselabs m8. Just sick of my switch 810 and need something all of my components will fit in!

I really like the design, but it could do with some make-up. Cable management heaven.

I am getting one and mading it for home server!

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️

Not sure, why everyone doesn't seem to like it. I think it's really nice and I would buy it. 

Feel free to message me if you want to chat!

This is awesome case (functionallity wise) rather ugly by default......but there`s a beauty in it after all....just imagine mods possible to do with this !

I`m getting this one for my next rig, for the price it`s hard to find better and more functional (in sense of dividing good looking/and extra ugly parts of PC) case !

Amazing design......now i just need to figure out what i`m gonna replace that ugly gray plastic with :P

Not sure, why everyone doesn't seem to like it. I think it's really nice and I would buy it. 

I like the big window on the side and the untraditional setup means no ugly HDD cages visible through that massive window.  

It looks like a vertical test bench. Kinda cool but not for me XD