PC Problems you live with

I'd disable that if I were you. Every spin-up and spin-down degrades the drive's spindle motor. Harmonic vibrations are only likely to worsen because of that.

Its getting replaced soon, it is really old. having it spin all day would drive me banana's.  :lol:  :wacko:

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

I am currently using a stock cooler on my 2500K.

This is not so much a problem, but since I started Danish equivalent of High School, I have maybe only played games like five times. The amount of homework, and music I play simply kills the time I used to use on my PC. Might also be why, I am not as active on the forum as I used to be...

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

It feels as though no games ever leave the BETA stage anymore, until about 3 years after it officially releases. - Shd0w2 2014

Its getting replaced soon, it is really old. having it spin all day would drive me banana's.  :lol:  :wacko:

If replacement wasn't an option, a homemade rubber suspension system would work wonders. Just in case anyone's reading. Worked for one of my old drives. :)

Rule with your heart,

And live with your conscience.

HDD led, Power on, reset, speaker ATX cables not labeled in cheap towers. In general unlabeled pieces in a build makes my day go to waste.

my second pc overheats at 90C when im on facebook 

MY PC   CPU INTEL i7 4790k   MOTHERBOARD ASUS SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK1   COOLING CORSAIR H80i    CASE BITFENIX RONIN   RAM 2X4GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE 1600MHZ  GPU GIGABYTE GTX 970 G1 PSU CORSAIR RM750 WATT SSD SAMSUNG PRO 850 256GB HDD WD 1TB BLUE

My webcam mic is a bit messed up, if my computer goes to sleep and then restores my voice sounds like a chipmunk until I restart the pc. My case side panel has the window removed due to space considerations with my cooler and thus it rattles, it's now held in place with ducktape :)

I am looking at sorting out a new computer early next year to replace it entierly and using this one as a VM host for a homelab... maybe.

Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate Wants you! Join now!

UOLTT Basop | Misc Freelancer & Origin M50

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

-Groucho Marx

GPU is on it's last legs. Has to be force-overclocked and stay at a certain clock speed to prevent horizontal black lines from assaulting my screen.

Eric S. Raymond used an E6600 from 2005 until 12/30/14 or open source software creation. Raw data computations in excess of 18GB each. Core 2 Duos still have tons of life left, my friend.

The side panel window on my h440 is full of microscratches... It happened when i tried to clean it...

Case:NZXT H440   CPU:3570k @ 4.4ghz   Cooler:Prolimatech Megahalems w/ ap121 p/p  GPU:Gigabyte Windforce GTX 770  RAM:Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 16gb 1600mhz  Mobo:Sabertooth Z77     PSU:Cooler Master Silent Pro M 700w   Wheel: Logitech G27 + joystick as handbrake Asus DGX 5.1        Mouse: Corsair M65     Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger Cherry MX black  Headphones: ATH-M50s    Phone: Nexus 5 32GB  Earphones: Sennheiser CX 400ii    SSD: 120gb 840 evo  HDD: WD Enterprise 2TB    AMP&DAC: Schiit Stack. 

my problem is that I have a 8350 on a 990fx r2.0 asus sabertooth and it does not have a very strong VRM. the vrm will heat up like crazy. I could only manange to get 4.6 ghz before the VRM gets to 85c. I have tested it stable at 4.8 with a huge fan blow strait on the vrm but that was just for testing. Another Issue is I have a h100i but the haf 912 does not support it with my motherboard. I tried to squeeze it in but I ended up having to cut one of the Fans and striping the threads on the H100i I will have to get a new or used case soon with support for a 240mm radiator.

That's the problem my computer has when I use the proper 4+4 pin connector instead of half of the connector connected to the 4 to 8pin adapter that came with the original case psu, Asus is trying to blame the bios on a poor 4 phase design that hits 90c + when bare bones, and with ram underclocked/turbo off (Asus H87M-Pro is overated, should have stuck with my old P5K-VM and just put a core 2 quad extreme in it, 8 phase and it can overclock like a beast)

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Not so much hardware, but my internet connection right now is TERRIBLE. I'm deployed to Afghanistan so I completely expected it (honestly just happy we have it). But it's to the point now where I can't even remember what decent internet is like. Before I left I could download a game on steam at 15MBps, can't wait to go back to that. 

Black/Red Beast: CPU: i7 4790k Cooling: Hyper 212 Evo MB: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 GPU: MSI GTX 980 RAM: 16GB 1866 HyperFury X SSD: 256GB Samsung Evo 840

My cases side panels are warping.

The frame on the case is slightly bent making it rest on 3 out of the 4 legs.

My GPU is holding back my CPU a lot and I need more power.

The best internet I have available is 4/1... Even though I'm paying for 3/1. Eh, over rated speeds though.

I blow through 8GB of RAM without an issue.

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

USB 3.0 on top of the case is not working, can probably find out the fault. But I'm lazy 

The side panel window on my h440 is full of microscratches... It happened when i tried to clean it...

Try car wax. With a microfiber of course.

Power supply with no brand and loud fan

Alpine, Diablotek or Kentek by any chance?

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

Power supply with no brand and loud fan

your main rig has a great PSU

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

For some weird reason the my ethernet cable wont lock into the back of my motherboard. I tried a different cable and that one snapped in fine, I have just been to lazy to re route a new cable to it.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Leftovers has only one case fan and it only has one total slot for fans.....

It's not being burnt to a crisp inside or anything but my idle temps for the Core 2 Quad are around 37 doing nothing and around 45 with Chrome open...

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Front headphone jack on my case broke, and I'm not going to RMA my whole case just because of the headphone jack lol.

I don't have the money for one :'(

Planned I Hope Someday I Do First Build: CPU: Intel Core i7 5820k CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212 EVO Mobo: MSI X99S SLI PLUS RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4-2133Mhz Storage: Corsair Force LS 240GB SSD & 2TB WD Green Graphics Card: ASUS GTX 970 4GB Turbo Case: NZXT S340 White PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750W 80+ OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit OEM Monitor: AOC i2267Fw 60Hz 22" Monitor

Having a PC

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop