Reasons windows 7 is better then windows 8.

shirokado

i like windows 7, because i have used it a lot and know it real good.

but when windows 7 came out. i did not like it at first. because, i was a xp fan back then

so who knows.. with all the things i herd they are fixing on windows 8.

maybe some day..i will like it. better then windows 7.

the main thing i don't like about windows 8.  is

my PC....turns into a 37inch wide cell phone.

i am a keyboard and mouse guy. ( DUDE, KEEP YOUR FINGERS OFF MY SCREEN  :P  )

use start8, startisback, or classicshell.

your problem is solved.

Fractal Design Define R4 | MSI x79a-GD45 | 3960X @ 4.6Ghz | Lots of EK Blocks | EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4x4) DDR3 1866 | Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD | Western Digital Red 2TB x4 (Raid 10) | Corsair AX760 | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

The reason I like windows 7: My mum could use it, she never rang me asking me how to open or close the internet.

The reason I HATE windows 8: My mum cant use it, at ALL. I ended up telling her to turn her computer on and off again over the phone.. just to get her back onto facebook because she didn't understand what was going on. 

To be honest, I wish windows 8 was good, I want a faster OS that boots faster is cleaner and supports faster everything, except its the most anti productive thing I've ever used that I ended up buying another windows 7 OEM license.. 

Of course anybody who is not that used to computers can use Windows 7 far better than Windows 8; Windows 7 uses the same interface that has been used since 1993. It's familiar so everyone knows hot to use it. Windows 8 uses a different interface that people are not used to = they don't know how to use it. That has nothing to do with Windows 8 being harder to use than Windows 7, it is solely based on the fact that all new things take some time getting used to. Imagine driving a normal car that works just like any other car. Now imagine getting into a car that is designed differently but is actually easier to drive and control. Until you get used to the new and optimized easy-to-use design the first car is still a better experience. (For the sake of argument, I'm not saying W8 is easier to use, I think both W7 and W8 are equally easy to use. They are simply different).

you're not modding anything. your in stalling an application. That's like saying windows 7 sucks for gaming because the games aren't pre-installed. 

youre modifying how to os looks and functions, that does not happen when you install a game.

PC Builder, Engineer... BACON    Project Cobalt: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/38058-project-cobalt-copper-piping-laser-etching-and-more/#entry489258

| NZXT Switch 810 | i5-3570k | gigabyte UD-5H | Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram | GTX 670 | 2x 60gb intel 330 series ssd's in raid 0 | 1tb seagate barracuda hdd | Corsair tx750m | XSPC razor GPU and CPU waterblocks | XSPC d5 vario pump | Thermochill Pa140.3 | phoyba 280mm radiator | Chromed Copper tubing |

youre modifying how to os looks and functions, that does not happen when you install a game.

your not changing how the os looks.. ur adding a little icon in the corner... 

Fractal Design Define R4 | MSI x79a-GD45 | 3960X @ 4.6Ghz | Lots of EK Blocks | EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4x4) DDR3 1866 | Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD | Western Digital Red 2TB x4 (Raid 10) | Corsair AX760 | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

Windows 8 is easily the best operating system I've ever used. All of but two computers in my house are Windows 7 PC's, and I feel like I've taken small steps backwards sometimes when I use them.

I find myself not using any other browser than IE in W8, because it's as fast and efficient as other browsers nowadays. I don't even care about the start menu, I just press the Windows button and type what I'm looking for. I can right click on the bottom left corner, and a list comes up with all of the Windows utilities such as Control Panel, My Computer.. etc.

Sure, the learning curve may be difficult for those who won't give it a chance, and take the time to customize it how you like it. Because that's sometimes what it comes down to. Maybe you just haven't configured it to better fit your style. I suggest to any planning to try out W8, to try it with an open mind, and take a few hours, maybe days to accustom yourself in the W8 environment, customize it to your fitting, and THEN placing your judgment.

I see Windows 8 as a step forward in the right direction to making your PC feel even more 'personal'.

"It seems we living the American dream, but the people highest up got the lowest self esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things, for the road to riches and diamond rings."- Kanye West, "All Falls Down"

your not changing how the os looks.. ur adding a little icon in the corner... 

what are you talking about... installing a game doesn't affect how the OS functions.

PC Builder, Engineer... BACON    Project Cobalt: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/38058-project-cobalt-copper-piping-laser-etching-and-more/#entry489258

| NZXT Switch 810 | i5-3570k | gigabyte UD-5H | Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram | GTX 670 | 2x 60gb intel 330 series ssd's in raid 0 | 1tb seagate barracuda hdd | Corsair tx750m | XSPC razor GPU and CPU waterblocks | XSPC d5 vario pump | Thermochill Pa140.3 | phoyba 280mm radiator | Chromed Copper tubing |

thats not my point my point is that thats what has happend and i cant figure out whats wrong because there is barely any community help due to the fact everyone hates windows 8

ipconfig /?

You don't need a community that use the built-in help functions that have been in Windows for quite a while.

ipconfig /?

You don't need a community that use the built-in help functions that have been in Windows for quite a while.

maybe you mis understood

oh dear was that YOUR computer i just downloaded a few dozen viruses on when you weren't paying attention?

maybe you mis understood

Maybe you should elaborate? You didn't use a very good example...

Maybe you should elaborate? You didn't use a very good example...

the point that i was making was that the ipconfig command didn't work and there was nothing on the subject on the internet to help me unlike if it was on windows 7 which over time has got help and support related to every part and any possible problem in the operating system

oh dear was that YOUR computer i just downloaded a few dozen viruses on when you weren't paying attention?

that's what i meant by waiting for it to "mature"

the point that i was making was that the ipconfig command didn't work and there was nothing on the subject on the internet to help me unlike if it was on windows 7 which over time has got help and support related to every part and any possible problem in the operating system

I suppose, although you could've just searched for Win7-related things for that specific problem, considering ipconfig hasn't changed. I guess there just hasn't been enough time for enough people to bump into these issues for there to be enough help online, which surely happens whenever a new version of a OS comes out.

I suppose, although you could've just searched for Win7-related things for that specific problem, considering ipconfig hasn't changed. I guess there just hasn't been enough time for enough people to bump into these issues for there to be enough help online, which surely happens whenever a new version of a OS comes out.

good idea I'll try that

This is the Amazon.co.uk reviews page for windows 8. Most reviews seem to be either 1 or 5 stars, so it's polarizing. And the most common complaint is that it feels disjointed - some things are only in metro, some are only in desktop mode. You have to keep switching between them.

Interesting stat: Windows 7 Pro is higher on the best sellers list on amazon than windows 8 (at time of posting)

HTTP/2 203

Tbh, Win8 is not as bad as people make it out to be, if you don't mind a change in UI, there's really no reason to not get it if you can. If you've used a tablet or touchscreen smartphone Win8 will feel very familiar.

After 3 weeks of using Win8 I find myself actually liking the new UI, is it made with touch in mind? Yes, is it the most efficient UI ever? No, it does what I want it to do, plus it also looks nice and I like that.

I think it's just bad because to do the things you are used to (windows 95-windows 7 anyway) you have to jump through all these loops and for novice users there is basically no tutorials i have seen its just acts like its implied when in reality its a whole new operating system to learn.

Only thing I really care about is performance. I run W7 as very bare bones, just use it for gaming. As long as I can disable just about everything I don't need in W8 and it runs better I will use it.

A student brought a win8 laptop (not touchscreen) to me and it took me far too long to find everything I needed.

A student brought a win8 laptop (not touchscreen) to me and it took me far too long to find everything I needed.

You have to learn the OS... there are options to bring back the windows 7 interface but windows 8 isnt that hard to learn.

For those commenting about a loss of a start button, here you go. A completley free and lightweight start button replacement that's fully customizable and a great theme to match. (Using this at the moment)

ClassicShell: www.classicshell.net/

Theme: http://winaero.com/blog/introducing-winaeros-exclusive-special-skin-pack-for-classic-shell/