GTA 5 PC & Next gen release date revealed!

So that's Rockstar giving the old consoles 18 months for everybody to buy it, and then hoping they'll buy it again for XB1 and PS4 (just in time for the Christmas rush), and then PC gamers can get the pretty version 2 months later.

I've waited this long, I can wait for it to be on sale for less than half price.

I'd wait a few years instead for a 5 bucks sale of it on steam. Come play star citizen in the meantime

-------

Current Rig

-------

Wouldn't it be way more efficient to design the "good" version of the graphics first, and then just turn down/off to meet the performance requirement for the lowest-end machine instead of effectively making the game twice?

Don't try and confuse people with your *gasp* logic...

Having already played and completely finished the GTA V campaign on the 360, I'm not sure what my motivation would be for playing it all over again - even on vastly improved graphics.

Giving the finger to the PC fans yet again.

If the PC release turns out to be utter crap after more than 16 months of waiting it's just going to be great.

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

I think it's funny how people don't understand that it takes time to develop a game... Looks like they just finished the Xbone and PS4 versions, people want the PC version to be good yet they don't want Rockstar to put effort into it. Makes sense.

Its funny how you dont understand marketing.

They offer bonuses for people who own it on ps3/360 and will buy it again on xbone/ps4

They delayed pc version again so people will buy it on both pc and xbone ( check how many comments like that exist on the video on yt)

You'll see the ps4/xbone version will not be that different than pc one, theres no reason to delay it EVEN MORE time on pc other than milking it as hard as they can

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

Ahh, I'll buy it at a NOT high price. Seriously I already have a billion games I have to finish first I haven't even played Skyrim yet, by the time I get to this it'll be on a sale anyway.

Edit: Wait, they are delaying the PC version yet again? Never mind, Rockstart, not buying it. Ever.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

"Coming Fall 2014" - GTA "Next gen" announcement trailer

"this release date has not changed" - Sep 1st 2014 (Developer's response to fan question)

"with the PC version to follow January 27, 2015." - September 12 2014

And Rockstar wonder why us PC gamers get pissed off and alot of people who were going to buy the game are now going to pirate it. Rockstar are blatantly delaying the game for some other reason than to polish the PC version.

My Build

GPU: MSI GTX 1080 ARMOUR | CPU: i7 9700k | Ram: 16gb 3200mhz Motherboard: ASUS Maximus XI Gene | Storage: 2x 1TB NVME 1x 500GB NVME 1x 120GB NVME | Case: Corsair 570X

nah rockstar can choke on my D.

Not only delaying it so people buy it on 360/ps3 and then delaying it even more for people to buy on xbone and ps4 and then on pc

10/10 will pirate

People like you are the reason certain devs avoid the PC in the first place.

"I hate you but I'm still gonna steal and play your games." Good logic there bud.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

I won't even flatter them by pirating it.

Same. GTAV while a good game is overhypped because of it's legacy.

Well.......as long as the PC port is good then I don't mind the delay.

Add to your dictionary : This fall = Next year

Very mad at marketing these days. only lies.

If the pc pre-order is on Christmas steam sale with over 30% discount then Maybe I vill forgive them.

Also they give us in-game $1000000, now is it hard to get that amount in GTA or are they being cheap fuckers instead of giving us a special gun/car/outfit ???

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Seriously Rockstar? January 27th 2015 for the PC version and Nov. 18th for the "Next-gen" version ?

Just how much are Microsoft and Sony paying them to keep this game off PC?

They've got no technical reason to withhold the PC release while they release this game on two crippled APU based PCs (aka consoles).

They need to get it together, stop treating PC gamers as second class citizens just because we don't buy into locked hardware and ecosystems and pay $60 per game.

In short, I'm p****d off at them right now for yet again shunning the PC community.

Apple Pippin 2.0 (Corsair Gaming Hackintosh) :

• Intel Core i5 3570K with CM Hyper 212 Evo Cooler (Push-pull with Corsair AF120 and SP120)
  • 24 GB Corsair Vengeance RAM
  • MSI GeForce GTX 670 Power Edition
  • Intel 330 Series 120 GB SSD (Mac OS X)
  • Samsung 840 Evo 120 GB SSD (Windows 7)
  • OWC Mercury Electra 3G 30 GB SSD (Scratch Disk)
  • 1.8 TB of HDD Storage
  • Corsair 600T White case
  • Corsair K60 Keyboard
  • Corsair M65 Mouse
  • Corsair GS800 PSU

maybe i should wait till 2016 to buy it for few bucks! 

seriously R*, shove it up your ****

Rockstar is tallented I give them that. They know how to deliver. But all this marketing bs making me sick. PC in January, after holidays? No wonder it will be pirated. Who the heck would like to pay after all this nonsense? I certainly won't. Not because I can't but because I refuse. Maybe when sales hit Summer '15... They have lost my custom with this GTA. That's for sure.

1 year, 4 months, and 10 days. Is this a record for time span between original and PC release?

They need to get it together, stop treating PC gamers as second class citizens just because we don't buy into locked hardware and ecosystems and pay $60 per game.

In short, I'm p****d off at them right now for yet again shunning the PC community.

They did the cost analysis, probably a lot cheaper to bring out an x64 PC game when you're co-developing with x64 consoles rather than independently developing it from PowerPC powered last gen consoles.

It's not like they flat refused to make a PC version.

It's not like they flat refused to make a PC version.

But they only did a PC version due to us demanding it. Otherwise, from what I heard, they never would have bothered with PC and stuck with consoles.

Apple Pippin 2.0 (Corsair Gaming Hackintosh) :

• Intel Core i5 3570K with CM Hyper 212 Evo Cooler (Push-pull with Corsair AF120 and SP120)
  • 24 GB Corsair Vengeance RAM
  • MSI GeForce GTX 670 Power Edition
  • Intel 330 Series 120 GB SSD (Mac OS X)
  • Samsung 840 Evo 120 GB SSD (Windows 7)
  • OWC Mercury Electra 3G 30 GB SSD (Scratch Disk)
  • 1.8 TB of HDD Storage
  • Corsair 600T White case
  • Corsair K60 Keyboard
  • Corsair M65 Mouse
  • Corsair GS800 PSU

But they only did a PC version due to us demanding it. Otherwise, from what I heard, they never would have bothered with PC and stuck with consoles.

Not they didn't, they didn't see some petition or the bitching on Reddit 12 months ago and think "oh, shit", we better cook up a PC version. They would have been developing it alongside PS4 and XBOne, probably to avoid the horribly optimised console port of GTA IV. 

And by that you mean? PC market is just as large. Release it on Steam for 35-40 usd/eur etc. It will fly in sales. No worries of physical product, logistics etc. Pure cash in. People would not even need to queue and wait for delivery. Preorder is still a thing.

They just had to delay the pc version..... Well it is rock star... Guess I should have expected as much.... Scumbags...

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

Considering my friends from various communities have all traded it in I doubt its that good.

Because GTA games have a huge legacy and a huge following? That's like asking why people still care about Counter-Strike or Starcraft.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

They didn't just port it, they improved it (next gen standards) which surely took 'em some time.

Imagine the butthurt PC fanboys if the game was released side by side the 360/PS3 version but hardly looked any better (foliage, water, animals and general effects density).

Originally made for PC*

My current build - Ever Changing.

Number 1 On LTT LGA 1150 CPU Cinebench R15

http://hwbot.org/users/TheGamingBarrel

People like you are the reason certain devs avoid the PC in the first place.

"I hate you but I'm still gonna steal and play your games." Good logic there bud.

yep, not going to give money to a company that deliberately delays a game in order to milk the most amount of purchases from people who will buy it on all their systems

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

Because GTA games have a huge legacy and a huge following? That's like asking why people still care about Counter-Strike or Starcraft.

Except they don't frequently give the middle finger to one of the two if not the platform that made them.

Riding off a legacy and a huge following, you mean like ID did? As a starcraft fan if blizzard fuck up I let them now about it. I've guys who are giving out to valve about breaking csgo but for some reason with GTA people just bend over and ask to be second rate repeatedly.

Don't get me wrong if Rockstar do this right I will praise them for it but blindly supporting a company who has been recently making it a habit to shaft pc users is just idiotic.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

Wow. Seriously people? You are bitching about a three month delay? For fuck's sake get over yourselves. I hate the word entitled but Christ this thread is a shining example of it. Would you rather they rush the port and make it as crap as GTAIV's PC version? The delay at least means there is a chance they're taking their time to make it not terrible. Considering how much people bitch about crappy console ports you'd think you would want companies to take their time.