Do i need a bigger power supply?

Tech-Veg
Go to solution Solved by lerner12882,

I believe 620 should be enough... anyone else care to elaborate on this subject matter?

My current powersupply: 620W 80+ bronze, silver power.

The new setup:
- Corsair H105 Hydro Series CPU

- ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO, Socket-1150

- I7 4790K

- GTX 780 

- 16GB DDR3 memory

I think i need to upgrade power supply, right?

I will be overclocking the CPU. from 4.0 to 4.4 probably.

I believe 620 should be enough... anyone else care to elaborate on this subject matter?

Case: NZXT Tempest 410 Elite =Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-D3 =CPU: Phenom II 965 x4 @ 4ghz(OC) =Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO =Memory: G.Skill RipjawX 8Gbs CL8 @1600mhz =PSU: Corsair CX-600w =GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7950*windforce 3Gb* =Sound: Creative SB0770 =HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB =Keyboard: Razer Black Widow *Standard* =Mouse: Perixx MX-2000 =MousePad: Razer Sphex

I would think your fine im a bit worried about the OC though I dont have much info about that kind of stuff

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

I would think your fine im a bit worried about the OC though I dont have much info about that kind of stuff

Ok so im fine at stock speeds?

no you do not that power supply is fine as long as you don't add another graphics card although i would recommend getting beefier psu maybe like one of the corsair rm series like the rm 850 for cleaner power but your power supply is fine as long as it is from a good brand

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

620 is good, but if you SLI you would have to get a higher wattage PSU, and high quality like said above.

You'll be gucci 

Personal Rig v3: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Noctua NH-U14S | Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro ITX | Zotac GTX 2070 8GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA Supernova 750B | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 

Peripherals: Sennheiser HD518 & Classic ModMic | Corsair K65 Luxe | Zowie EC2 | ASUS VG259QM  |  ASUS VG278E | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

no. its fine

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

Simple answer: No.

I'm running a 3770k at 4.4GHz, and a GTX 780 overclocked as much as I can get it, folding 24/7. The max power draw from the wall I'm getting is about 300 Watts.

Gaming/Folding rig: Coolermaster CM 690 II Advanced White | MSI Z77A-G43 | Intel Core i7 3770k @ 4.4GHz | 10GB G.Skill RAM | Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | Seagate 2TB | Seagate 2TB | WD Blue 640GB | Cogage Arrow (Passive) | Thermaltake Toughpower XT 675w | Windows 10 Pro

Photography

your probably also fine with an oc just make sure its stable

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

you are also fine at oiverclockd speed 550 would even be enough and if you didnt overclock that far but for even 4.6 was fine

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

620W? that seems like a SeaSonic PSU :D

You'll be fine at stock and maybe even some slight OC's on just the GPU or just the CPU

620W? that seems like a SeaSonic PSU :D

You'll be fine at stock and maybe even some slight OC's on just the GPU or just the CPU

Its a Silver Power

I have the same setup (or close to it)  and at stock, you will be more than fine with 620W. I have a 750 and almost have space for a second 780 :P  it will be more than enough and overclocking should be ok

although if you want a really great powersupply : EVGA Supernova 750 G2  is an amazing choice (around 100$CAD so around maybe 89$USD)

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004