1 Million Subscribers - Thank you all! And a giveaway!

I don't even remember how I found your channel, but I've been coming back for years.  Looking forward to all the future has to offer!

Been following linustechtips since... Sandy Bridge days (4 years now? z68, z77, z87, z97, yup 4 :P) when i was building my first PC and my first memory was when my friend told me "IN THIS VIDEO THIS GUY FROM NCIX MOUNTED THE SSD USING TAPE" i was like wuuuuuuuut?! and have been learning more shady tips from linus since then :) keep it up!

p.s. my gf loves your cat videos :)

Let me get up in that lol.  Pick me and i will name my second child Linus. LOL JK.

Your videos helped me to buy the best product on the market. I was looking for gaming keyboard and found you reviewing CM storm cherry mx. After buying that, I subscribed your channel and watched every videos that you uploaded. My favorite play list is Build Guides & Buyer's Guides, even I watch the same video twice and wrote down the components to compare with others. Once I was soooooo stupid customer, but Linus YOU helped me a lot to know which product is good or not. And now finally the DDR4 RAM is coming so I want to know more about that and I don't know when Oculus rift will release consumer version, I can't wait you guys reviewing that too :)        ----Congratz on 1million LInus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!----

ps. If i won this pls send me a twinkie xD They don't sell in here ;(

Congratulations, Linus and Crew! A well deserved milestone. To 1 million more! Cheers!

You guys are my favorite channel on YouTube and I trust every one of your opinions. You took a big risk when you left your job for the company and I couldn't be happier that it worked out for you Linus.

Awesome job of reaching a million subscribers!

I recently found the channel because i've been looking up stuff on building my first computer and the channel has been really helpful.

Here's my entry: (TL;DR at the bottom!) (Sorry for writing a chapter...or two!)

To start off, I want to clarify that I built my computer. My start in building and fixing computers began with me being exposed to the custom computer that my dad ordered from some (now defunct) company, and the one my step-dad says he built with a close family friend. (My apologies if that sounds suspicious. It's not, it means exactly what it says.) From there, actually some years later, after I reached puberty (because I was basically a different person before that) I decided I would start watching YouTube videos on how to build computers. I don't know how or why, but it all just made sense to me. I understood what I was learning. I embraced it. I loved the idea of custom built computers put together by the end-user themselves, made to look awesome (or at least be a monster gaming machine), and I still do! Though some computer tech-related channels have either died off or changed drastically (and not for the better) over the years, LinusTechTips has been one I've stuck with since I found it.

I'm 16 now, will be 17 come Nov. 5th. I recently started experiencing ridiculous idle temps (up to 70 degrees Celsius) with my Intel Core i7 4770K and Corsair H80i, which was odd, because after months of working brilliantly and not leaking I assumed I was safe. WRONG! I've pinpointed the issue down to the last thing it could be: low coolant levels. I can't prove it leaked, there was no damage, and no residue like you normally see. I can say that both fans and the pump still work like they should, but it sounds like it may have half the coolant it used to have. I love Corsair and their products, but it seems I must have gotten an earlier issue of the H80i (which I've read are known to leak). So I've fallen back on my Thermaltake Frio (the original) that I haven't used since my upgrade from LGA 775 Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300...yeah. This old air cooler is keeping idle temps back down in the low 30s again, but I've already commented on the Newegg page for the Corsair H80i detailing my issue (seems like manufactures are usually more helpful and merciful there than if you contact them directly, and I think we all know why). So now it's a waiting game!

I'm honestly lucky to have the hardware that I do have, even though it's still in the original budget case I bought back when I was taking parts from my first computer (HP Pavilion p6204y from Best Buy) and building my first custom computer: a Cooler Master Elite 310 (blue trim). I only have what I have because I ask for money instead of gifts for birthdays and Christmases, and save it up and upgrade things over time. Honestly, my hardware purchases leave room for little else. I recently went broke on a Sony SRS-X5 (sounds so great, it still blows my mind), and haven't regretted it one bit. I'm not trying to make this out as a sob story, I'm just telling a story. I didn't even mean to make it this long! :D

In the end, I've been entering a handful of giveaways lately trying to win a nice custom built system or even just some nice gear. Some of them I would probably turn around and sell most of the parts because I don't agree with the hardware choices, and I fully agree with the choices for the one Linus will build, but I like the personal touch they're adding to it, so if I won it, it would probably be the one I don't sell. Why would I sell any of them, you ask? Because I have a cousin who I game with and he's got but a measly Lenovo everyday use laptop. It can't game for shit. We've been talking about putting him a desktop together on the cheap ($300-$500) but he likely won't get enough for his birthday to cover it, so I've been entering giveaways for expensive systems so I can sell the parts I don't want to get the money needed for me to be able to give him something nice.

TL;DR...

- LinusTechTips is my main-squeeze for computer tech-related videos. (EDIT: Congrats on the entrepreneurship and the 1 million SUPPORTERS! :D)

- I'm 16, soon-to-be 17, and I built my computer. I just lost the Corsair H80i in it to suspected low coolant levels. Bummer.

- I consider myself lucky to have the hardware that I have. It came from lots of saving up from birthdays and Christmases and upgrading parts over time.

- I've been entering giveaways lately, mostly custom built systems, and they all some parts used that I don't completely agree with, but I plan to sell those parts should I win.

- With that money, I can build a low-budget gaming desktop for my cousin (that I game with) to replace the measly Lenovo everyday use laptop he has that can't game for shit.

Congrats on 1 million subscribers. I first saw your NCIX videos 5 years ago & I personally preferred your older video style better.

I realize you are running a business and rely on sponsorship ads but I want to see unboxings, reviews, and be informed about products. I do NOT want to see every video start with an ad for Dollar Shave Club, Lynda.com, Squarspace, Intel, Corsair......

I've been a regular viewer since 2012, it's great to see how far you've come since then.

When I first found out about Linus through Lauren from tastypc.tv I thought his videos were so professional-looking that it has actually caught me by surprise to realise he's only now reached a million subscribers - I've recently set out to build my own pc for the first time, and his videos have been a huge help for both tweaking the list of parts and gaining precious knowledge about how a computer is put together and maintained - keep up the good work! :)

-·- BitFenix Prodigy M (Arctic White) -·- Asus Maximus VII Gene -·- Intel Core i7-4790K -·- Corsair H100i -·- G.Skill Trident X 2133MHz CL9 32GB (4x8GB) -·- Sparkle Calibre GTX580 -·- Samsung 500GB 850 Evo SSD -·- WD Caviar Green 4TB -·- Cooler Master V700 -·- LG 25UM55 21:9 2560x1080 25" -·- Logitech G600 -·-

Found Linus Tech Tips years ago, through searching Youtube videos of PC related products for unboxings/reviews, and 'how to' videos etc. 

I would like to see future videos of ghetto raid setups with the lowest quality of drivers that would work. Eg. Western digital greens, would it work?

Favorite food is 'bits'  from the Linus Tech Tips gang.   :D 

Wish Linus Tech Tips the best for there future endeavors  

Hey Linus I found your channel on unboxing videos. I am a teen with a big dream to be like you. I hopefully can get a better PC. If I don't win anything I don't mind but if you read this thanks for being awesome stay cool Linus

Congratulation!

One of the best tech/unboxing channel on youtube.

Hey Linus, i know i am not going to win, but so what. i just figured i would take the time to say that you are literally my favorite YouTuber. Honestly 90% of the reason that i am into pc's is because of you and so that is a reward enough. Thanks for being an awesome YouTuber and inspiring me to start doing YouTuber and learning more about computers. 

I run my own indie game company called Color Dragon Studios where we are currently making a 2d platformer game called Small Earth.

I first discovered Linus while searching for some hardware reviews and stumbled upon one of his NCIX videos.  Been watching ever since.

Congrats on a million and thanks for being you.  

Same here! 

I've gone back and watched sooooooo many videos, and actually learned quite a bit through the videos and the research that I found myself doing after watching something interesting or new (to me). The videos and forum have prompted me to start a crazy (To me, anyways) water cooled workstation build. The forums, while I lurk almost exclusively, have been an inspiration to start the build and again, learn more about what the heck I'm doing.

So, thank you for making so many videos and creating this forum!

Well, I subbed to your channel like a year and a half ago, but I unsubbed cause I was stupid... but then I resubbed like half a year later. Best decision of my life...

How did I find Linus Tech Tips: 

Well it started when I was looking to build my first comp so I went on youtube and Searched around for tips and other stuff.

I continued to watch b/c I love technology and I love Linus's personality.

Thx for the giveaway! 

This message is probably never going to be read by anyone in LMG, but I should write this for myself anyways... even though I might look back through all in my earlier days and just judge it by thinking I am, now, young and innocent, and can't comprehend the real difficulty a person can have in his/her life, as I am only 16. I am part of a privileged minority that can have most of the things I want to, being those things the things I always run to when times aren't the best. My computer, my family, and the tech community as a whole. I have nothing to complain about in my life, as probably everyone here, I live comfortably enough and never faced starvation or extreme poverty. I have never had any significant loss in my family, my parents and relatives are relatively young, healthy and happy. My education is one of the best in the region I live. I have all I ever asked for. However, I look back and get extremely sad, because even if I don't have a strong reason to be sad, I am. And that makes me feel even worse. And ungrateful... because it feels horrible when "everything" is all right, and I shouldn't feel this way. I get lost in my own thoughts, in my own private world. I get up to my daily routine feeling tired, sad, with no energy left, with no sparkle in my eyes. I go to school, where my body dehydrates, my thoughts leak and my consciouness fades away temporarily, and I'm in this situation where I have to listen to selfish kids complaining about useless things. Where my closest friends, who I respect deeply, are succeeding and showing off, in a good way, their talents and intelligence, which I also consider to have as a common quality, even though my grades are significantly worse than theirs. I get home and see the only few people who I care about and love, my shelter. I've been trying (but only had failures so far) to break through this cage, but deep down I simply can't. I feel great sometimes, and then horrible again...in the past few years all I have felt is incapacity. I can't stand up, I can't reach any higher. But at the same time I'm extremely proud of who I am today, of how I feel about me and others around, and the "human values" I possess, the personality I have built, and how it makes me excited for the future. So, what does all of this means? I've been following not only Linus, but the PC/ hardware / tech community for about 3 years now and learned more "here" (not only the forums) than any other period in my entire life. And it makes me feel something else. And now it is a great moment to thank from the bottom of my hearth, for all you (Linus) and your talented team have done to me in the last couple of years. Thanks for being a character that is part of my personal daily life and for being part of what I run away to. A million subscribers isn't enough attention, this incredible work/project LinusTechTips is deserves way more than dozens of other, frankly, useless crap that is out there in the media today. Thanks for everything, and I wish only the best for every single member of the team, and the community!

PC: 5600x @ 4.85GHz // RTX 3080 Eagle OC // 16GB Trident Z Neo  // Corsair RM750X // MSI B550M Mortar Wi-Fi // Noctua NH-D15S // Cooler Master NR400 // Samsung 50QN90A // Logitech G305 // Corsair K65 // Corsair Virtuoso //