Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nicklmg

1 Million Subscribers - Thank you all! And a giveaway!

I found the channel what feels like two years ago. I enjoyed watching all the fun unboxings and learning about tech. I've always enjoyed Linus's observations about products, and I have also enjoyed watching the channel grow to become a big deal.

Congrats Linus, and all the rest of you.

Job well done!

Keep it coming.

Linus Media Group, Kudos for making it this far. Honestly i love the format of your reviews, i think this set the bar for how reviews should work and the channel that you have now is a far cry from what linus tech tips was back then lol, BUT it still has same old format and chemistry which is effffffing awesome. im trying now to have something established like. (Y)

CPU: Intel Core I5 - 444| Motherboard: GA-B85M-HD3 Rev 1.0 | RAM: G.Skill RipjawsX 8Gb 1600Mhz (F312800CL10S-8GBX) | GPU: PowerColor HD7850 1Gb DDR5 256Bit (AX7850 1GBD5-DH) | Case: NZXT Source 210 Windowed White | Storage: Seagate 1Tb 7200Rpm 3.5" Sata (ST1000DM003) | PSU: Thermaltake LitePower 600Watts Black Edition | Display: BenQ GW2255 21.5" LED | Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212X, Cooler Master Blade Master 120, Deep Cool XFAN 120 | Sound: Razer Kraken Pro, Marshall Major FX, Razer Hammerhead Pro, Audio-Technica ATH-M40X, Sennheiser HD 558, Antlion Audio ModMic 4.0, Fiio 6E Portable Amp, Creative Sound Blaster E1 Dac/Amp | Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit

What started as a simple advice search on my new keyboard turned into hours of viewing your videos. thank you for educating me, you have helped me beyond what you think :)

Hey Linus,

I was always a massive fan of yours. I stumbled on your channel a little while back when I was just getting started in the PC world. I binge watched a lot of your videos and learned almost everything I needed to know about PCs. I just checked your channel and saw this give away and got really excited. It really shows how much you appreciate your subscribers and followers. From watching your videos, I've been inspired to build multiple gaming PCs for myself and for others. Right now I am currently working on creating a PC club at my high school where I will teach fellow students the basics of PCs and will fund raise and apply for grants to build an overpowered PC. In order to teach other students, I plan on showing them your videos and pages on this forum. I just wanted you to know that you make a huge difference in many peoples lives such as mine. That you have inspired me to spread your knowledge to my peers and that everything that I and my fellow students (as well as many others) accomplish will all be thanks to you. I will send you pictures of our final product! I would also like to request an entry in your giveaway for the custom PC made and designed by you and your crew. You have really inspired me and I would love to do something like that in the near future. Please consider me for your giveaway!

Sincerely your fan,

Matthew McKee

Dear Linus Tech Tips,

I found Linus Tech Tips through various reviews of products that I was looking to buy. The best series on the channel in my opinion is "Handy Tech Under $100" because it has brought some really great products to the table and can help people a lot. I appreciate the time and effort Linus and the entire crew put into every video. The quality and professionalism in every video lets the viewer know that these people actually care about what they're talking about. The PC Build guides have been astonishingly 'simple' and easy to understand, all while explained in just a few minutes. One example of the amazing content provided on Linus Tech Tips is the "Ultimate Surround Gaming PC" build, which amazed me at how much information they could convey in such an interesting and fun way. All in all, Linus Tech Tips has and continues to entertain and help me and as we noticed, one million other people. By the way, this give away is a great thing to do for the fans. I would not mind winning a prize myself, *wink*.  Keep on making awesome content, guys. I'll be expecting a 'one-gazillion subscribers give away' any day now. 

With many thanks and endless support, CJ.

I found Linus's videos because my friend built a computer last year. This summer I dropped my laptop and destroyed hinges and bezels and other stuff holding the screen. Miraculously the screen itself is fine but I can't close it or do anything with it. I looked into how much replacement parts would cost and it was around 180 in parts. I decided that since I already have a monitor and can get Windows 8 cheaply, I might as well put that 180 towards a new build and build myself a budget gaming pc, my first ever. I've watched pretty much every relevant tech tip and other videos this summer planning out what exactly I want in terms of performance. I've been a console peasant for a while now but when I was little I remember playing quake with my uncle on the pc, I can't wait to relive those days again and play some classic shooters with a MOUSE! 

I've been watching you ever since you were small. ;)

CPU: Intel i5 4670k @ 4.4Ghz | Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance Black | GPU: Asus Strix 1080 Ti | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro | Storage: 2x 500GB Samsung 850 EVO | PSU: Seasonic 80+ Platinum 1000W | Display: ASUS ROG SWIFT PG278Q Cooling: Corsair H100i GT | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Red | Mouse: Logitech G502 | Audio: Beyerdynamic DT-880 Premium with O2 DAC/AMP

When i decided to build my first computer gaming rig with all the money i had been saving from work and school i was excited. I didnt really know what i was going to do so i went on youtube to look at some builds by other peaple. Thats when i discovered you. Just for fun i saw your video where you built the super expensive QUIET gaming computer. Ever since then i was hooked. I went to your channel and just bindge watched your past videos and fell in love with how you make technology easy to understand, fun, and educating. I even went on your other channels and subscribed to those as well because they were just as amazing. In conclusion finiding your channel is one of the smartest and luckiest decisions that has happened to me and im glad i did.

P.S. this was my reactions when u announced the giveaway lulz

giphy.gif

Thanks so much for everything you do, been watching for a long time and appreciate your style and what you bring to the table. Would love to see more videos on graphics card variations, the differences in cooling and clock speed can be quite key and your channel really is a great place to go. Thanks so much again.

I've been watching this channel for a few years now, and through it and your passion, I've discovered my own passion for DIY computer building and electronics in general.  

Thank you and all the Linus Media Group members for keeping this up, and all your hard work in the past few years.  I'm looking forward to what the coming years will bring as your company expands and continues to innovate.   :)

Isopropyl alcohol is all you need for cleaning CPU's and motherboard components.  No, you don't need [insert cleaning solution here].  -Source: PhD Student, Chemistry

Why overclockers should understand Load-Line Calibration.

ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition || i7 3930k @ 4.5 GHz || 32 GB Corsair Vengeance CL8 || ASUS GTX 780 DCuII || ASUS Xonar Essence STX || XFX PRO 1000W

Hello Linus, I´d like to thank you for all of the great work you and your team has been doing for the past years, and congratulate you on your 1 Million subscribers. Keep up the amazing work!

This a little late but found you because I was looking at computer stuff. Specifically stuff for my computer I built a month ago and congrats on the 1 million subs.

Hi;

Love LinusTechTips - good  presentation , useful tips - concise - all that good stuff. Most memorable was the "hide the sausage episode" - good laugh cool product. I imagine its trending well with the college kids - wouldn't mind trying it myself...

Keep up the good work !

Cheers

Ed

to all the team and sponsors a massive thank you, a couple of years ago I was a complete idiot at school the class clown no direction for what I wanted to do even though i have been into computers from a young age I passed that off as boring and monotonous, same thing day in day out kind of work, but then i saw one of your videos, i believe it was a overview and unboxing of the zalman z11 plus (which by the way you persuaded me to buy for my first pc build xD) I thought I like this guy he does things differently he entertains while informing and the one take rule makes for a comical and more informative review (I'm not sure if it was the same case but you said it had a pci slot motherboard colling fan which turned out to be an ssd mount). I then got into your videos, becoming a fan of the LTT YouTube channel and a few of the other channels like techquickie and the newest addition channelsuperfun (im glad you chose this over the gaming channel). You gave me direction as I found my true passion lies with pc components and pc hardware in general. Now I am currently at college doing my level 3 extended diploma in hardware and networking afterwards planning to go to university and eventually start my own pc building and network set-up company and this is all because of that one video I watched a few years ago. This is why I share your videos and share all the competitions to try to get more people watching your content and get more people like me to realise the benefits of this information in today's society (also obviously I wouldn't mind a prize if that day comes xD). But seriously I just thought I would take this opportunity to show my appreciation for the work you and your team do on a daily basis so yet again thank you so much :)