This website shows what the web would be like without Net neutrality

ObscureMammal

Sooo....basically home internet becomes mobile internet. -.-

They're isn't a difference between home internet and mobile internet right now, Just mobile internet is more expensive and usually has a lower cap than your WiFi. Both don't throttle though.

A riddle wrapped in an enigma , shot to the moon and made in China

i dont want Net Neutrality

you whippersnappers deserve to live in the dial up age

this generation is obsessed with instant gratification

But I had dial up until 2011. I can't go back, it is so dark and cold there. Turns real men into crying little girls!

In all seriousness, fight it guys, don't let them do what they want, spread the word and for gods sake, put a stop on a trend of corporations funding government parties because this will happen all over again. Break their legs!!! jk 

In Australia, we do not have net neutrality and only one ISP owns the entire network. Plans are bad but not that bad, I think you are over reacting. I am not saying I think it should be like that but stop freaking out.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

In Australia, we do not have net neutrality and only one ISP owns the entire network. Plans are bad but not that bad, I think you are over reacting. I am not saying I think it should be like that but stop freaking out.

We do, actually...

sounds like Australia already

Its all about those volumetric clouds

We do, actually...

Source? We do not actually. We have the ACCC and ACL but it doesn't protect us as much as net neutrality would.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

I have no idea what I'm doing in this thread, I don't even know what net neutrality is, I just know that this website is strange and I don't get what the point of this website is.

VIDEO GAMES                                  Max Power Build Log

I have no idea what I'm doing in this thread, I don't even know what net neutrality is, I just know that this website is strange and I don't get what the point of this website is.

Then watch this:

Source? We do not actually. We have the ACCC and ACL but it doesn't protect us as much as net neutrality would.

So after doing some reading it turns out you're right, we don't really have net neutrality at all. Apparently the only things keeping 'fastlanes', like the OP posted, from becoming a reality in Australia are -

"Solid competition across most of Australia: Thanks to Telstra’s ADSL network being open to use by competitors, most Australians have a choice of which broadband provider they use, and so can switch providers if their provider restricts part of their internet service. This follows through to the National Broadband Network. Once a house is connected to the NBN householders can choose from a number of competing providers."

"Strong consumer protection laws: Australian consumer law – usually enforced by the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission – is a world leader in protecting consumers. Any attempt by a large carrier to engage in anti-competitive conduct such as blocking or limiting access to a competitor’s service will invite long and costly action by the ACCC."

I still don't think they're overreacting though. I live in a fairly small town but I have 8 different providers available in my area, a lot of places in the US only have access to one of the big providers as far as I know, meaning they could easily introduce something like this and would have no competition to take their customers.

So after doing some reading it turns out you're right, we don't really have net neutrality at all. Apparently the only things keeping 'fastlanes', like the OP posted, from becoming a reality in Australia are -

"Solid competition across most of Australia: Thanks to Telstra’s ADSL network being open to use by competitors, most Australians have a choice of which broadband provider they use, and so can switch providers if their provider restricts part of their internet service. This follows through to the National Broadband Network. Once a house is connected to the NBN householders can choose from a number of competing providers."

"Strong consumer protection laws: Australian consumer law – usually enforced by the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission – is a world leader in protecting consumers. Any attempt by a large carrier to engage in anti-competitive conduct such as blocking or limiting access to a competitor’s service will invite long and costly action by the ACCC."

I still don't think they're overreacting though. I live in a fairly small town but I have 8 different providers available in my area, a lot of places in the US only have access to one of the big providers as far as I know, meaning they could easily introduce something like this and would have no competition to take their customers.

As I said, I think it's not good and we should get net neutrality (which was supposed to be NBNCo as the regulator, NO MORE!). It is terrible that this is happening in the US but Idk if it will be as bad as 40GB for $200 a month.