Is AMD Dual Graphics worth it?

Speedbird
Go to solution Solved by Levent,

nop 270X will overclock more and beat that with a long margin

You don't like the APUs? Fine. That PC is pretty much for TF2 anyway, like I said in my original post. I wasn't expecting high performance out of it anyway. I wasn't asking for build advice either. I just want something to replace the pile of s**t that I'm using now.

Y'know what? I'll just give you the part list so you can complain about.....I don't know, me using the 230T.

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Speedbird/saved/rT848d

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

You don't like the APUs? Fine. That PC is pretty much for TF2 anyway, like I said in my original post. I wasn't expecting high performance out of it anyway. I wasn't asking for build advice either. I just want something to replace the pile of s**t that I'm using now.

Y'know what? I'll just give you the part list so you can complain about.....I don't know, me using the 230T.

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Speedbird/saved/rT848d

It's not that i don't like APU's bro, it's that they are not worth it for gaming and as mentionned already a PC with a 750K and a 260X outperform it so badly (it's twice as good litteraly for not much more as you've seen) that it makes it stupid...do i have to put link again anandtech r7 250 vs r7 260x so you understand my point?

AND btw you've mentionned ''sometimes i play BF4 or far cry 3''...do you know that far cry 4 is coming out in november? good luck playing that on the APU ;)

NOW' to make you happy customer i will simply answer the question you've asked for: NO the dual graphics with R7 250 is absolutely not worth it, two very slow GPU's combine won't make it equal to a single good enough GPU...not even close.

You are much better going with a better GPU...and while i'm at it, you should consider to build around a pentium G3258 which is overclockable, more energy efficient, much cheaper and much faster than anything we've discussed so far.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

It's not that i don't like APU's bro, it's that they are not worth it for gaming and as mentionned already a PC with a 750K and a 260X outperform it so badly (it's twice as good litteraly for not much more as you've seen) that it makes it stupid...do i have to put link again anandtech r7 250 vs r7 260x so you understand my point?

AND btw you've mentionned ''sometimes i play BF4 or far cry 3''...do you know that far cry 4 is coming out in november? good lukc playing that on the APU ;)

Look, if I end up playing those, and I see a difference in performance, I would buy an R9 270X as someone said on the previous page. I just posted these titles so people wouldn't say stuff like 'you can run TF2 on Intel HD 3000'. I've actually finished FC3, but I might play it again.

Look, if I end up playing those, and I see a difference in performance, I would buy an R9 270X as someone said on the previous page. I just posted these titles so people wouldn't say stuff like 'you can run TF2 on Intel HD 3000'. I've actually finished FC3, but I might play it again.

NOW' to make you happy customer i will simply answer the question you've asked for: NO the dual graphics with R7 250 is absolutely not worth it, two very slow GPU's combine won't make it equal to a single good enough GPU...not even close.

You are much better going with a better GPU...

and while i'm at it, you should consider to build around a pentium G3258 which is overclockable, more energy efficient, much cheaper and much faster than anything we've discussed so far...and you have an upgrade path to a core i3, core i5 or even a core i7 in the future if you want to turn the machine into a gaming beast.

BTW the partpicker partlist that you've listed i think it's broken cause i see a gaming beast based around a 4690K...not a budget system...if you could link the correct parts for your build i could edit and save you a bunch and give you much better gaming experience.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

You are much better going with a better GPU...and while i'm at it, you should consider to build around a pentium G3258 which is overclockable, more energy efficient, much cheaper and much faster than anything we've discussed so far.

I already got my answer, but thanks anyway. And yes, I said that IF I need more performance, I would upgrade to an R9 270X. I probably won't be switching to the G3258 because I could be ordering these parts tomorrow.

I already got my answer, but thanks anyway. And yes, I said that IF I need more performance, I would upgrade to an R9 270X. I probably won't be switching to the G3258 because I could be ordering these parts tomorrow.

The pentium option give you an upgrade path to a core i3, core i5 or even a core i7 in the future if you want to turn the machine into a gaming beast.

BTW the partpicker partlist that you've listed i think it's broken cause i see a gaming beast based around a 4690K...not a budget system...if you could link the correct parts for your build i could edit and save you a bunch and give you much better gaming experience.

You are much better going with a better GPU...

and while i'm at it, you should consider to build around a pentium G3258 which is overclockable, more energy efficient, much cheaper and much faster than anything we've discussed so far...and you have an upgrade path to a core i3, core i5 or even a core i7 in the future if you want to turn the machine into a gaming beast.

Sorry, wrong part list :D I have a bunch of planned builds

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Speedbird/saved/Kz2bt6

Sorry, wrong part list :D I have a bunch of planned builds

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Speedbird/saved/Kz2bt6

There you go, much better...you can overclock the pentium with the stock cooler many reviewers have done it and it's safe, performance for this rig are more than twice better and you save 3$:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Pentium G3258 3.2GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($59.00 @ Amazon)

Motherboard: ASRock Z97M Anniversary Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($86.97 @ Newegg)

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($72.00 @ Newegg)

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($53.98 @ OutletPC)

Video Card: XFX Radeon R7 265 2GB Video Card  ($129.99 @ Newegg)

Case: Corsair 230T Windowed-BLUE ATX Mid Tower Case  ($69.99 @ Amazon)

Power Supply: Corsair CX 430W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($29.99 @ Newegg)

Optical Drive: LG GH24NSB0 DVD/CD Writer  ($13.99 @ Newegg)

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit)  ($89.98 @ OutletPC)

Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN781ND 802.11b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter  ($14.99 @ Mwave)

Case Fan: Corsair CO-9050015-BLED 52.2 CFM 120mm  Fan  (Purchased)

Total: $620.88

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-08-28 17:27 EDT-0400

Which it is.

So, thanks for the apology. ;)

This is not an apology. 

'Cause I didn't let you down.

This is not an apology.

'Cause you didn't stick around.

I'd go with the 7850K, and when HSA takes off you can laugh at the intel fanboys.

you are so funny, fanboy!

nothing will ever ''take off'' from those weak chips, trust me! ;)

you are so funny, fanboy!

nothing will ever ''take off'' from those weak chips, trust me! ;)

I'm just going to be honest, he needs something with good iGPU, and it's not bad after pairing with a GPU