Project Toaster [NCASE M1, 4670K, Impact Z87, GTX 970 G1][WIP]

Butterfish
Go to solution Solved by Butterfish,

Finally some news on the project! - well, it's not good news.. 

I want to first apologize to everyone who were following this thread and expecting progress..

Project Toaster is sadly over, due to my lack in time and interest in the build. It was a fun ride, but i realized that the case was just too much of a hazzle and with all the setbacks i had with months and months of waiting for parts, i just couldn't bare it anymore. The toaster has gotten a new owner - one of my close friends. He needed a small chassis for carrying around, and i thought it would be best to give it to someone who would appreciate it alot more. I have therefore decided to switch back to ATX for now.

I can't thank you guys enough for all the support and replies on this thread. Who knows - maybe i will come up with something new? ;) I will keep you updated.

To see the final pictures of the build - click here

Fin

You bet :D

WOOOHOOO!!! Make me some toast!!

Its been done before and looks nice, specially if you're flipping the GPU @ 90degrees.

p82853633aosg.jpg

I wont be doing a window as such but some decorative work on my sidepanel but need the perforated panel for dual rads...

Its been done before and looks nice, specially if you're flipping the GPU @ 90degrees.

p82853633aosg.jpg

I wont be doing a window as such but some decorative work on my sidepanel but need the perforated panel for dual rads...

yea that mod looks sweet :D but I'm thinking about the whole side being one big window,and therefore sparing my original sidepanel from any cutting ;)

#LinusKitchenTips /// "Better than useless" - Linus Sebastian

LTT Holy bible: Code Of Conduct

Project Toaster [My Silver NCASE M1 V2 Build-log] 

Main Rig
 Case: Fractal Design Define R5 CPU: INTEL 
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Macbook Pro Retina 13" i5 256Gb Early 2015
Phone
Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone Black

yea that mod looks sweet :D but I'm thinking about the whole side being one big window,and therefore sparing my original sidepanel from any cutting ;)

Oh thats cool! Maybe look at one way glass!

Oh thats cool! Maybe look at one way glass!

I did some research on one way mirror film to put on the acrylic, but that sh*t is expensive as fuuuuuu... 

Main Rig
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Phone

:( well, im still excited to see what you do with it! 

I went to order a replacement front and side panel today but couldn't as they were all out of stock... I'll have to send them an email to see if they can get one and I'll cut it cut by @OrangeClockwerk

Also im switching out for that Asrock X99 mITX board because that is so stupid. I dont think people are taking the right approach with that board, Yes you lose out on the quad channel mem and you lose out on 'utilizing' all those PCIE lanes but for gods sakes. It's the same as a z97 with potentially 8-cores.

:( well, im still excited to see what you do with it! 

I went to order a replacement front and side panel today but couldn't as they were all out of stock... I'll have to send them an email to see if they can get one and I'll cut it cut by @OrangeClockwerk

Also im switching out for that Asrock X99 mITX board because that is so stupid. I dont think people are taking the right approach with that board, Yes you lose out on the quad channel mem and you lose out on 'utilizing' all those PCIE lanes but for gods sakes. It's the same as a z97 with potentially 8-cores.

did they ever sell side panels seperatly?

the panel kit seems to be available:

UzOw4zS.png

____

excited to see that Asrock X99 board :D

edit: but what are you doing with your beautiful polished 4790k then ? :D

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

Just ordered some one way mirror film on ebay! :D the project is real 

Main Rig
Phone

the panel kit seems to be available:___

excited to see that Asrock X99 board :D

edit: but what are you doing with your beautiful polished 4790k then ? :D

Already have a buyer for it.

When I looked today the replacement kits were all sold out!

Just ordered some one way mirror film on ebay! :D the project is real 

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!

Already have a buyer for it.

When I looked today the replacement kits were all sold out!

so will we see the first 8-core M1 or will you settle for a 6-core :D

@Lavin Those short psu cables would be amazing! Though I think they are a bit too short tbh :D

Main Rig
Phone

@Lavin Those short psu cables would be amazing! Though I think they are a bit too short tbh :D

That's the beauty of them, you can attach any sleeved extension you want onto them! 

Alternatively, I also produce normal unsleeved wires that are the exact length you need. Give me some measurements and I will build it for you. Any length at all! That way, you don't have any excess slack that will dirty up your case and build up clutter.

That's the beauty of them, you can attach any sleeved extension you want onto them! 

Alternatively, I also produce normal unsleeved wires that are the exact length you need. Give me some measurements and I will build it for you. Any length at all! That way, you don't have any excess slack that will dirty up your case and build up clutter.

the problem with the ncase, gtx 970 and sst-sx500-lg combo is, that there is almost no space between gpu backplate and psu. therefore you need very flexible cables like the silverstone one.

the problem with the ncase, gtx 970 and sst-sx500-lg combo is, that there is almost no space between gpu backplate and psu. therefore you need very flexible cables like the silverstone one.

this :D

Main Rig
Phone

sounds awesome!

Main Rig
Phone

this :D

I actually have both soft and normal flex copper wire. The softer wire tests a slight bit weaker but does not affect performance at all. Both are 18AWG which is the average gauge of wires in most PSUs. I can accommodate most any build and request.

I actually have both soft and normal flex copper wire. The softer wire tests a slight bit weaker but does not affect performance at all. Both are 18AWG which is the average gauge of wires in most PSUs. I can accommodate most any build and request.

well If you want to sponsor some cables for my build I would gladly give you a huge banner in the log :D

well If you want to sponsor some cables for my build I would gladly give you a huge banner in the log :D

Hm, we can talk. :) Hit me up at lavins@hexagonpc.com

Hm, we can talk. :) Hit me up at lavins@hexagonpc.com

Wowowow! HEY! Get your own topic MrSuperb! :D I'm the one doing business here!

Main Rig
Phone

• 2 months later...

dimensions for the BeQuiet cooler are out:

... and apparently it performs as good as a Noctua NH-D15 !!! SAY WHAT ?!?!?

http://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/be-quiet-dark-rock-tf-review,1.html

OMG is it finally here??!?!? 

I was starting to loose faith :D

EDIT: And yes how the f*ck can it be BETTER than the nh-d15?????? 

Main Rig
Phone

OMG is it finally here??!?!? 

I was starting to loose faith :D

EDIT: And yes how the f*ck can it be BETTER than the nh-d15?????? 

well ... it ain't cheap ... but alternate has it ;)

also I am not 100% sure that it will fit in the M1 / Impact Z87 combo.

but it looks like it would ...

OW29T0S.png

well ... it ain't cheap ... but alternate has it ;)

also I am not 100% sure that it will fit in the M1 / Impact Z87 combo.

but it looks like it would ...

Only one way to find out :D

Main Rig
Phone