why do i have 2 of these

ExcitezR

so when my pc starts it starts 2 norton 360s i dont no why is there a fix?

ay7OW.jpg

l Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.5Ghz l Asus VII Ranger ROG l MSI GTX 970 @ 1555MHz l 

PC PART PICKER

• Hover over second icon and it usually disappears
  • Probably a bug
  • Don't use Norton

nope does not disappear and why not to use it ?? what should i use 

PC PART PICKER

• Probably a bug
  • Don't use Norton

This.

I need to stop using Norton.

bitdefender/kaspersky if you require web security IMHO

Fix:

Step 1: Uninstall Norton

Step 2: Never reinstall it

whats so bad about it i haven't noticed anything with it 

PC PART PICKER

Well, all antiviruses get their virus and malware info from the same database, so it is fruitless paying for such a thing.

What I would do instead is install Microsoft Security Essentials or if you are on a Windows 8 machine, it is already on there

Compatible with Windows 95

Stop using Norton... that will fix everything

The Wannabe is no longer. Replaced by the Flotilla. If you replace every part of a computer is it still the same computer?

Survived the Survivor 2299

Audio Engineer, Lighting Programmer, Video Engineer, FOH.

false positives. it said some thing steam was downloading was a virus.

its bloated and generally terrible.

avg and malwayrebytes is the way to go.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Well, all antiviruses get their virus and malware info from the same database, so it is fruitless paying for such a thing.

What I would do instead is install Microsoft Security Essentials or if you are on a Windows 8 machine, it is already on there

is that what you use is it any good 

PC PART PICKER

Norton is a bitch during scans, it hogs hardware resources during scans.(personal experience) It's just horrible in general, I was downloading a route for OpenBVE (a train sim) and apparently CtoEuclid.exe (the route installer) is a virus. Sure.

The dual-icon thing has been a bug for AGES.

so when my pc starts it starts 2 norton 360s i dont no why is there a fix?

ay7OW.jpg

If you wanna pay for security, Kaspersky and Emsisoft are by far the better ones.  AVG as its better than Norton but doesn't use up any of your cpu and only a little ram if you want it.  I think Avast and AVG are the best free ones.

Just please, dont use Norton.  Norton is like a desiese, it slowly infects your body, and once its infected enough you are stuck with it and can never escape. 

MSE was excellent before I switched to Linux.

Norton is the worst, I'll tell you why.  My friend who owns ThePCSecurityChannel on Youtube gets to test these things daily against like some pretty hardcore stuff, and him and me both think that Norton is getting paid by Adware developers not to detect their Adware, Norton also costs more than allot of other security solutions and can perform worse than even allot of FREE solutions.  

In terms of free solutions I feel AVG and Avast are the best to go, I personally recommend AVG but Avast is good and they both have their pluses and downfalls like Avast has better signatures but AVG has the better zero day protection module, Both dont come with firewalls.   

But allot of people think the firewall bundled with Windows 7 and above is complete crap, its actually a pretty damn good firewall.  So theres no need for an extra Firewall.  

Yeah, its good.   Better than having Norton, but if you want more protection AVG and Avast are there for free.  Which both will have better protection but Windows defender inside of windows 8 and MSE in Windows 7 has good protection for the most part.  

I don't seem to have a virus yet, I think common sense is the best antivirus: Don't download anything you've never heard of before

Wait till your Norton subscription is over and then switch.

EDIT: to shit on what the guy above me said; AVG has ads and Avast! is intrusive. MSE doesn't go all up in your face and it uses next to no CPU power.

Edited by tomlambert01

I actually recommend getting Kaspersky Anti-Virus. I've used Norton and even McAfee in the past and they have been brutal. Since I've changed to Kaspersky I've never looked back.

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770 | Motherboard: Asus Z97-A | RAM: 8gb (2x4gb) Corsair LP @1600mhz | GPU: Asus TUF GTX 1660 OC 6GB | Case: Fractal Design Define R4 | Storage: 250gb Samsung 840 EVO and 1TB WD Black 7200rpm | PSU: Corsair CX750M | Display: Asus VG245H 1920x1080 | Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO and default case fans | Laptop: Early 2015 13" Macbook Pro Retina - i5 2.7Ghz - 256GB SSD

I don't seem to have a virus yet, I think common sense is the best antivirus: Don't download anything you've never heard of before

Wait till your Norton subscription is over and then switch.

yea i use common sense a lot and i may switch now do you think it would make a speed boost to the pc ? 

PC PART PICKER

yea i use common sense a lot and i may switch now do you think it would make a speed boost to the pc ? 

prob

but you have an SSD, so not really very much

• Probably a bug
  • Don't use Norton

You made me laugh on that last one.

He said don't use norton because it is actually really bad.

It detects a portion of the things most other AV's do (Example: MSE), it bogs down your system with no real reason for it, and it gives you dick all as far as protection even if you pay for it.

Ditch it and go for MSE.

-The opinion of a bench tech that sees more virus infected computers that use Norton/AVG/McAfee/Vipre than i do see ones that use MSE (Microsoft Security Essentials)

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

VALIDATION, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 24GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix 1070 8GB OC@ 2.2Ghz, Corsair graphite series 760T (Black), Cooler master V850, NH-D15 w/LNA ,1TB Samsung 850 Evo,  480GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda x 3, 1 TB WD Passport (Backup drive), 2 TB WD Passport (Backup Drive 2),  Windows 10 Pro x64 (uhg), Logitech G900 Chaos (Main), Steelseries Rival (FADE) (Courtesy of Edzel Yago, Thanks Ed), Steelsieres Rival 300 Hyperbeast Special Edition, Coolermaster Quickfire TKL (MX Blue), Razer Blackwidow Tournament edition (Greens).  Audio: Sennheiser HD598 SE, Edifier S1000DB, AudioEngine D1 DAC; Yamaha MG06X Mixer & AudioTechnica AT2020.

Phones; Daily drivers: Nexus 6P 64GB/iPhone 6 (Music), Apple Watch, Apple AirPods.

Laptop: 2015 Macbook Pro 13, 8GB of RAM, 2.7Ghz i5, 240GB Apple SSD. 

Spoiler

Plex Server: i7 3770, Gigabyte Board, 16GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix GTX 1050ti 4GB, 120GB SSD Boot Drive, 8 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda, Rosewill RSV-R4000 With 2 Rosewill Hot Swap 4x Backplane Bays, 1050 Watt Corsair HX Series PSU,Hyper T2, Windows 10 Pro 

I also do Youtube, check me out!

You made me laugh on that last one.

He said don't use norton because it is actually really bad.

It detects a portion of the things most other AV's do (Example: MSE), it bogs down your system with no real reason for it, and it gives you dick all as far as protection even if you pay for it.

Ditch it and go for MSE.

-The opinion of a bench tech that sees more virus infected computers that use Norton/AVG/McAfee/Vipre than i do see ones that use MSE (Microsoft Security Essentials)

ok could you recomend a firewall or it the one on windows 8.1 pro good 

PC PART PICKER

ok could you recomend a firewall or it the one on windows 8.1 pro good 

for most uses the built in firewall is good enough.

I don't know of any other ones because i have never needed to use one, so i think you're good on that front :)

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

VALIDATION, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 24GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix 1070 8GB OC@ 2.2Ghz, Corsair graphite series 760T (Black), Cooler master V850, NH-D15 w/LNA ,1TB Samsung 850 Evo,  480GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda x 3, 1 TB WD Passport (Backup drive), 2 TB WD Passport (Backup Drive 2),  Windows 10 Pro x64 (uhg), Logitech G900 Chaos (Main), Steelseries Rival (FADE) (Courtesy of Edzel Yago, Thanks Ed), Steelsieres Rival 300 Hyperbeast Special Edition, Coolermaster Quickfire TKL (MX Blue), Razer Blackwidow Tournament edition (Greens).  Audio: Sennheiser HD598 SE, Edifier S1000DB, AudioEngine D1 DAC; Yamaha MG06X Mixer & AudioTechnica AT2020.

Phones; Daily drivers: Nexus 6P 64GB/iPhone 6 (Music), Apple Watch, Apple AirPods.

Laptop: 2015 Macbook Pro 13, 8GB of RAM, 2.7Ghz i5, 240GB Apple SSD. 

Spoiler

Plex Server: i7 3770, Gigabyte Board, 16GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix GTX 1050ti 4GB, 120GB SSD Boot Drive, 8 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda, Rosewill RSV-R4000 With 2 Rosewill Hot Swap 4x Backplane Bays, 1050 Watt Corsair HX Series PSU,Hyper T2, Windows 10 Pro 

I also do Youtube, check me out!

• Probably a bug
  • Don't use Norton

Fix:

Step 1: Uninstall Norton

Step 2: Never reinstall it

its bloated and generally terrible.

avg and malwayrebytes is the way to go.

Norton is a bitch during scans, it hogs hardware resources during scans.(personal experience) It's just horrible in general, I was downloading a route for OpenBVE (a train sim) and apparently CtoEuclid.exe (the route installer) is a virus. Sure.

The dual-icon thing has been a bug for AGES.

Norton is the worst, I'll tell you why.  My friend who owns ThePCSecurityChannel on Youtube gets to test these things daily against like some pretty hardcore stuff, and him and me both think that Norton is getting paid by Adware developers not to detect their Adware, Norton also costs more than allot of other security solutions and can perform worse than even allot of FREE solutions.  

In terms of free solutions I feel AVG and Avast are the best to go, I personally recommend AVG but Avast is good and they both have their pluses and downfalls like Avast has better signatures but AVG has the better zero day protection module, Both dont come with firewalls.   

But allot of people think the firewall bundled with Windows 7 and above is complete crap, its actually a pretty damn good firewall.  So theres no need for an extra Firewall.  

ayfnI.png

PC PART PICKER