London 'Suspected Terror Attack'

WhatARoaster

they shot and killed him from what i heard on news reports this morning.

What I meant was they didn't kill him straight away. I heard that they went to hospital, so I'm assuming they died in hospital.

Want to know another thing?

Say someone broke into your house during the night and started stealing stuff....you aren't allowed to do anything to them or you get arrested.

I would want to just get the baseball bat and knock him out with it or shoot his legs so he can't get away, you know protect your property etc....but nooo your not allowed here, you will be thrown in jail for assault...

Actually to my understanding you are allowed. By law you can use any force that is necessary to remove them from your property and to protect yourself. 

It seems to be overlooked these days sadly.

|i5 3570k @4.4Ghz | Asus Maximus V Gene | 8gb Corsair XMS3 | 2 x MSI HD7970 OC @ 1175mhz | 512gb Crucial M4 | Corsair AX750 | Fractal Design Define Mini | Dell P2416D 

Sorry but I can't take anything you say serious with a name like that xD

On a very serious note, this wouldn't have happened in the U.S., at least it would not have gone down like this. Police would have been there in less than a couple minutes, the guy attacking the soldier probably would have been dead by then though.

it only takes 1 chop to kill a man.

Good Morning...

Sherlock Homes to the rescue.

Sony Vaio Pro 13 CPU:Haswell Core i5 4200U RAM: 4 GB GPU: HD4400 Storage: SSD Pci-e 128GB (Its really fast), External 1TB Seagate Expansion Drive Weight: 1.06kg (made of carbon fiber) 

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (4.4.2 Omnirom) 

1 million innocent civilian lives in the middle east have been taken since the war on terror and it's usually blamed on a religion. It's not a crazy guy, just a guy who sees the truth and is trying to do something about it. Seemed to spread the word, doing this peacefully wouldn't have attracted that much attention, nothing would've happened. 

Good Morning...

In the US the soldier would have a gun and 5 10mm rounds would be in his fucked up face. Watch how knifes are now banned in the UK.

You are not allowed to carry a knife on you in public, on a side note before they stabbed him they ran him over, not sure what you could do after being run over.

CPU: i5 4430 PSU: XFX 550w Ram: 8gb Patriot Viper 1600mhz

Motherboard: MSI H87M-G43 Case: Fractal Design Define R4

SSD: 840 Evo 250gb, 512gb MX100 GPU: MSI GTX 980TI Gaming Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo

Well, if that were to happen in my neck of the woods, the police would be there in 5 mins, and the two would be bullet riddled corpses for 'resisting arrest'. No two ways about it, even if by fluke they survive, the courts would see to it they get the death penalty....

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

Well, if that were to happen in my neck of the woods, the police would be there in 5 mins, and the two would be bullet riddled corpses for 'resisting arrest'. No two ways about it, even if by fluke they survive, the courts would see to it they get the death penalty....

In London it is hard to go anywhere in 5 minutes.

Easy, they start beating up the guy, people come in with guns and stop the situation.

They pretty much had killed em in a minute or 2. This person had lost everything and lost all sense or what we as humans value. He wouldn't have cared about someone threatening with a gun. The person with the gun would then have had to decide weather they should kill this person or not and have to live with it for ages. IMO we don't need to carry guns or knives.

Retried Battlefield Moderator EA Star Wars Battlefront Senior Moderator  Battlefield Moderator and EA Champion

Well this is bad...

The news reporter said that it was terrible that this soldier was killed at home where he should have been safe, but when you think about it people in Islamic countries don't really have that luxury, they always feel in danger which increases the likelihood that they will make poor decisions.

So I see where the guy was coming from, but he hasn't thought this through at all, this just feeds people like the EDL, BNP and UKIP, this is bound to have some serious knock on effects. 

I'm no conspiracist, but I think there is something dodgy about all this, especially when you look at current events in UK politics.

1 million innocent civilian lives in the middle east have been taken since the war on terror and it's usually blamed on a religion. It's not a crazy guy, just a guy who sees the truth and is trying to do something about it. Seemed to spread the word, doing this peacefully wouldn't have attracted that much attention, nothing would've happened. 

So you think it's justifiable to hack someone to death in the middle of the street in broad daylight because you disagree with your country's foreign policy?

The soldier was unarmed and not expecting to be attacked.

Running someone over in a car, then hacking them to death while trying to behead them is the actions of a coward.

So I see where the guy was coming from, but he hasn't thought this through at all, this just feeds people like the EDL, BNP and UKIP, this is bound to have some serious knock on effects. 

Seriously why the association with racism and UKIP?

|i5 3570k @4.4Ghz | Asus Maximus V Gene | 8gb Corsair XMS3 | 2 x MSI HD7970 OC @ 1175mhz | 512gb Crucial M4 | Corsair AX750 | Fractal Design Define Mini | Dell P2416D 

So you think it's justifiable to hack someone to death in the middle of the street in broad daylight because you disagree with your country's foreign policy?

The soldier was unarmed and not expecting to be attacked.

Running someone over in a car, then hacking them to death while trying to behead them is the actions of a coward.

No, I wouldn't say it was the right thing to do but if I was in the same situation, I would probably do the same thing.

Good Morning...

Why is being a "soldier" make him any better than anyone else? I think completely the opposite.

Doesn't excuse that the guy was killed but him being a soldier doesn't mean anything.

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

OF COURSE IT WAS A F&&&&&g TERROR ATTACK, they did it in broad daylight in front of a crow of people

can you please remove the "F&&&&&g"

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

One of the ITV interviewees who was an eye witness said the attackers had one gun between the two of them as well as the knives used to decapitate the victim. If any members of the general public were carrying a weapon then it would have done nothing but start a shoot out in which more people would have been injured or possibly killed. The same guy said the police took about 10 minutes to arrive.

The general public should not need to carry weapons of any kind! It shouldn't be allowed all it does is exacerbate things. Compare how many injuries are caused by firearms and knives in the UK and the USA. Its clear proof that legalising guns would do nothing but make events similar to this a lot more regular. Look how many school shootings there are in the US, there is at least 1 usually more. I cannot remember hearing about a mass shooting in a school in the UK. The only place you should see anybody armed in the UK should be military bases where the guards hold SA80 Assault rifles and a lot of the time they are not even loaded. You cannot logically justify any member of the general public being in possession of a weapon. If people don't have guns then they cant shoot anyone.

No, I wouldn't say it was the right thing to do but if I was in the same situation, I would probably do the same thing.

Sorry you've lost me. What situation where these maniacs in exactly? Disagreeing with their government's foreign policy?

I'm sorry but you are going to have to explain what you're saying because I'm struggling to understand what you are meaning.

Its hilarious to see people with an average age of 14 - 16 debate something like this.

Carry on please.

Sorry you've lost me. What situation where these maniacs in exactly? Disagreeing with their government's foreign policy?

I'm sorry but you are going to have to explain what you're saying because I'm struggling to understand what you are meaning.

Let me sum it up for you. A group of terrorists attack, your religion and nation is blamed for this attack. Thousands of armed men and women invade your home country and millions of innocents are killed in this 'war on terror'. What would you do?

Good Morning...

Let me sum it up for you. A group of terrorists attack, your religion and nation is blamed for this attack. Thousands of armed men and women invade your home country and millions of innocents are killed in this 'war on terror'. What would you do?

The two guys from yesterday are born and raised in the UK, they are not of muslim or middle east origin. They may well be muslim convert's but they have committed atrocities that goes against everything their religion stands for.

You think the good people of Kabul want to be run by Al Qaida? Under oppression where any rights they have are taken away from them. Where no one is allowed freedom of speech? An islamic state where no one is free to choose which religion to believe in, if any? Where even muslim's must conform to a specific type of islam?

The 'War On Terror' has been a disaster, I agree but not for the reasons it was started for in the first place.

What the hell is happening to the world, from what I've been reading it was unprovoked but even if it was provoked, that is a little extreme.

I hope the police find them

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

What the hell is happening to the world, from what I've been reading it was unprovoked but even if it was provoked, that is a little extreme.

I hope the police find them

The people who did it? They were shot and are in hospital.

The people who did it? They were shot and are in hospital.

Good, I hope they rot in prison

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate