HTC One M8 - Soft Brick / Black Screen

I tried installing some customs ROMs but decided to go back to Stock using a backup but I must have backed up incorrectly as now my phone won't boot into an OS.

My phone basically is doing this:

(Not my video)

I'm completely lost with what to try next, I've tried to use the AIO Toolkit to boot into recovery but it cannot find the device.

Any ideas?

CPU: Intel I5 2500k Cooling:  Custom Loop 200mm+240mm Rad XSPC CPU block + XSPC Titan Block GPU: Zotac 780 MoBo: ASRock Z68 Extreme 4 PSU: Corsiar AX750 Storage: 2x Samsung F3 1Tb 1x Seagate 3TB  1x 128GB SSD Case: Corsair 600t (White)

So you can't boot into recovery?

It doesn't seem like it, holding down the Power button + vol down doesn't work. Holding down power + volup until HTC screen then power + voldown doesn't work either.

The phone isn't recognised in Windows so I can't run anything from there either...

Looks like I might have to take it to my carrier :(

CPU: Intel I5 2500k Cooling:  Custom Loop 200mm+240mm Rad XSPC CPU block + XSPC Titan Block GPU: Zotac 780 MoBo: ASRock Z68 Extreme 4 PSU: Corsiar AX750 Storage: 2x Samsung F3 1Tb 1x Seagate 3TB  1x 128GB SSD Case: Corsair 600t (White)

It doesn't seem like it, holding down the Power button + vol down doesn't work. Holding down power + volup until HTC screen then power + voldown doesn't work either.

The phone isn't recognised in Windows so I can't run anything from there either...

Looks like I might have to take it to my carrier :(

If you can't get into recovery that's more than soft brick imo.

Have a look at the xda-developers forum, they might have a guide or some useful tips for 'unbricking' your phone.

Every time I had a phone that didn't boot into the OS after a flash, I was always able to boot into recovery and flash something else, so I've never really been in a situation like yours before and I don't know how you would manage to do it without having access to recovery. Hopefully somebody on xda will be able to offer more help than I can provide.

It's now displaying the HTC One screen after the carrier screen. 

Managed to get to this menu:

2k4MdqS.jpg

Where should I go from here?

• 2 months later...

It looks like I am running into the exact same problem you were having.

How did you manage to get the phone into the bootloader (that white screen you showed a screenshot of)?

Thanks!

Nevermind, I was able to get it into bootloader via:
1. Plug phone into computer.

2. Hold power + both volume.

3. As soon as charge LED turns off, release volume up.

Once I was in bootloader, I loaded recovery and was able to restore from backup.

• 11 months later...

hi guys, i know it is a very old topic but please can you help me because i am in the same situation with my phone. i can access the bootloader but the computer cannot detect my phone so i am not able to install a recovery and i am not sure if i have a back up. please reply soon. Thanks

If you can get into the bootloader but your computer isn't detecting your phone then it's a driver issue.

Download the UniversalAdbDriver from this website and install that. Now you should be able to get into ADB and fastboot on your phone, and from there you should be able to flash things.

Either that or get a Linux LiveCD like Ubuntu. It comes with all the drivers you need out of the box.

hi guys, i know it is a very old topic but please can you help me because i am in the same situation with my phone. i can access the bootloader but the computer cannot detect my phone so i am not able to install a recovery and i am not sure if i have a back up. please reply soon. Thanks

NO THREAD NECROING

REEEE

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

NO THREAD NECROING

REEEE

Come on bro.. i need to get over this issue ASAP.

If you can get into the bootloader but your computer isn't detecting your phone then it's a driver issue.

Download the UniversalAdbDriver from this website and install that. Now you should be able to get into ADB and fastboot on your phone, and from there you should be able to flash things.

Either that or get a Linux LiveCD like Ubuntu. It comes with all the drivers you need out of the box.

I have all the adb and fastboot drivers installed but still it detects only as digital camera.

Come on bro.. i need to get over this issue ASAP.

okay mang

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"