The Man-Cave [99.9% Complete]

smogsy

holy cr@p this man-cave!!!! might never leave after you game on that!  :D

i didnt realise that either. i didn't get the accessories :)

but here it for everyone else

IMG_201408317788.jpg

Awwwww... ;)

Just a guy who peaked at building back in the days of the GTX 980. If you see me here, assume i have technical knowledge akin to a committed hobbyist builder back then. If something's changed, you'll need to tell me(nicely plz). I'm probably asking for help with the modern build scene since I have no clue what's going on.

Post everything

Even toilet brush was interesting for us :)

Yes

Just a guy who peaked at building back in the days of the GTX 980. If you see me here, assume i have technical knowledge akin to a committed hobbyist builder back then. If something's changed, you'll need to tell me(nicely plz). I'm probably asking for help with the modern build scene since I have no clue what's going on.

This place is amazing.... It's like you've built heaven...

I'm jealous :$ 

any suggestions on a wireless AP require 5Ghz, Might aswell go A/c aswell? suggestions?

got a ASUSD RT66U at the moment its good but I smashed it up a little & starting to die (dropped a furniture on to it.

it works but sometimes cuts out on high bandwidth connections

moved stuff around as a trial :)

-snip-

Isn't the AC unit going to bother you when you sit right under it?

CPU: i5-3570K GPU: Sapphire R9 280X Vapor OC MOBO: Asus P8Z77-M RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 16GB. PSU: Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 7 rev 2 

SSD: 1x Kingston HyperX 3K SSD 120GB, 1x Crucial M4 128GB HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB

we will see but its on at the moment & its fine

I can set the speed & its totally slient

so not noticed it BUT it lovely warming up cold hands :D

I would kill for one of these.... Massacre... I would just take a blowtorch and massacre millions of innocent plants for this... Maybe even a squirrel or two xD

Srsly want one though. You should make this a business. Met with people, discuss what features they want, and build it. I would buy.

Try placing the desk behind the couch, so they'll be back to back... just an idea.

Just an AP or new router? I have the Asus AC68U, there is another one up and its been really good for me. If its just an AP you're after the Ubiquiti ones get a really good wrap, they are what Linus and Wendell (Tek Syndicate) use. http://www.ubnt.com/unifi/unifi-ap-ac/if you have the budget that is.

its to replace access point in the cabin,

so only has to cover 1 room but that one you siuggested does look pretty good :)

Also My net supplier recently seems to giving me 175Mbs when it should be 155MB :D

network.jpg

also need to redo this diagram its changed a little now

I don't like it the couch is too far from the TV. that and you should think about getting a projector and screen.

-Snip-

That would be nice during the hot days in summer, so you have the A/C above you. But not so much the rest of the year, too close to the TV and the couh is too far from the TV because of this. 

its great during winter too, you have to remember it does HOT & cold :D

Couch wise I can move the couch closer or further away depending on what im doing. :)

All I've too say is, WOW.

Really like the build, here some tips that maybe you could add:

• Projector, can be a huge improve if you get a good system to it and dont think it would be a problem about 'bothering neighbors with the system'
  • Really good sound system, a good 5.1 setup plus goods speakers to have 'music ambient'.
  • A TV hooked up to a stand right next to the bed (at least to me, used to get sleep while watching something).
  • A bigger desk to allow some friend (maybe your wife?) bring a system to play with you in LAN.
  • I' ve readed about you need longer cables for video-audio, there is some HDMI adapters that allow you move signal throught a RJ45 cabble, maybe would be helpful for you (here they are in a Spanish store page ( http://www.pccomponentes.com/extensor_de_senal_hdmi_por_rj45.html), check them, may be helpful for you.
  • Having the AA system right above when you sit, could be good in winter but in summer you will get a cold (personal experience :D )
  • Wireless mouse and keyboard (maybe the Logitechs one with trackpack included?) to use the computer from the couch.
  • You can build the house in some program like SketchUp so you can move stuff around to see how they would like.
  • If you want to show some figures of consoles like in a cabinet ( like this and they would look sick,

DSC_0851.jpg

By the way, whats that couch? I need a similar one for my bedroom 

I would be crazy if I could have a room like this for myself since a lot of time I have LAN parties with my friends and usually have space problems (4-5 pcs in the same room, can be a madness of wires  to setup everywhere).

Sorry to ask that but How much did you spend on this project?

CORE i5 4670K ASRock Fatal1ty KILLER 8GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO  MSI GTX 770 7TEAM 550W

AMD FX6300 GA 990FXA-UD3 4.0 16GB G.SKILL TridentX  EVGA 9600 GT EVGA SN 750W G2

So i changed some stuff around

Setup the A/c so it blows away from me. 

& done the following. if i happy with this ill make the cables neat & tidy

top screen 2913WM

Second screen Samsung SA950D

ASUS ROG SWift

3.jpg